Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I have a "first day" reservation with a local dealer that has been terrible with communication (as in zero). While I was putting in 80 hour weeks during my busy time at work, I was not religious on keeping up with the developments here or elsewhere. On March 22nd, I realized I've never heard a single peep from my dealer, came on here and realized I was really screwed over by lack of communication from them, as well as lack of keeping up on things myself, and missed the first order window. In my anger, I decided to book a new reservation with a new dealer, who is much more communicative.

I've since decided that I'm going to hold pout for a 22MY based on what seems will be considerable different options. Here's where the dilemma comes in. How big of a delivery gap do you think I'm looking at between a day 1 and a late March reservation? I assume a day 1 would put me near the front of the line for 22MY, which sounds like early '22 delivery? Should I be concerned that the new reservation could push into late '22?

At the end of the day, I feel like the dealership is just the middle man and might not have a big impact on my experience if I just stick with the crappy one and get my '22 order in. Is that a terrible assumption?
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say that you are looking at a month 1 or 2 delivery into MY22 if you stick with your day one res. There is a chance you can sneak into Q4 of MY21 Oct Nov Dec if you place that order now as a MY21. The March 19th deadline was mostly for Q2/3 MY21 Scheduling June July Aug and Sep. Good Luck to you either way hope this helps.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a "first day" reservation with a local dealer that has been terrible with communication (as in zero). While I was putting in 80 hour weeks during my busy time at work, I was not religious on keeping up with the developments here or elsewhere. On March 22nd, I realized I've never heard a single peep from my dealer, came on here and realized I was really screwed over by lack of communication from them, as well as lack of keeping up on things myself, and missed the first order window. In my anger, I decided to book a new reservation with a new dealer, who is much more communicative.

I've since decided that I'm going to hold pout for a 22MY based on what seems will be considerable different options. Here's where the dilemma comes in. How big of a delivery gap do you think I'm looking at between a day 1 and a late March reservation? I assume a day 1 would put me near the front of the line for 22MY, which sounds like early '22 delivery? Should I be concerned that the new reservation could push into late '22?

At the end of the day, I feel like the dealership is just the middle man and might not have a big impact on my experience if I just stick with the crappy one and get my '22 order in. Is that a terrible assumption?
I feel bad for you, this is terrible. Someone might have some good insight into your next move, but I would think if getting a Bronco sooner is important, that you stick with that Day 1 reservation. I would probably just convert it to a MY22 now, you could end up saving some money if they end up raising the price, and your order will be prioritized over all the people ordering a MY22 that reserved from August through March.

I almost literally explained the likelihood of this type of scenario to my dealer, due to the terrible communication from Ford, which could be doubly worse if your dealership is also terrible. So much was expected of the buyer in regards to keeping up with the ever-changing deadlines. And if you miss an email? Tough Luck pal. It really wasn't an ideal situation if a buyer wasn't a forum enthusiast, or on their computer/email 24/7.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Duke.Roughneck

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel bad for you, this is terrible. Someone might have some good insight into your next move, but I would think if getting a Bronco sooner is important, that you stick with that Day 1 reservation. I would probably just convert it to a MY22 now, you could end up saving some money if they end up raising the price, and your order will be prioritized over all the people ordering a MY22 that reserved from August through March.

I almost literally explained the likelihood of this type of scenario to my dealer, due to the terrible communication from Ford, which could be doubly worse if your dealership is also terrible. So much was expected of the buyer in regards to keeping up with the ever-changing deadlines. And if you miss an email? Tough Luck pal. It really wasn't an ideal situation if a buyer wasn't a forum enthusiast, or on their computer/email 24/7.

Just my 2 cents.
Imagine how mad I was when I realized I missed the deadline to change dealers by a weekend...

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks. Not only did I get multiple emails from Ford, but emails and phone calls from my dealer.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call the ford marketing team, explain your situation and ask them to move the timestamp to the 2nd reservation.
Sponsored

Reactions: Orf