Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 allocation is not going to follow the 2021 formula. Allocation for 2022 is going to be one of the biggest factors when someone sees their Bronco.
Allocation for 2022 should be much easier to determine based on reservation data from 2021.
Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 allocation is not going to follow the 2021 formula. Allocation for 2022 is going to be one of the biggest factors when someone sees their Bronco.
What’s your point here? If Ford gets remotely close to its Bronco production capability it’ll have no problem clearing current reservations in MY22. Ford isn’t going to build dealer stock for one dealer when people at other dealers are waiting for their builds just because their dealer is out of “allocation”

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford isn’t going to build dealer stock for one dealer when people at other dealers are waiting for their builds just because their dealer is out of “allocation”
Wanna bet? There are going to be stock units for 2021 very soon. There's not enough soft top orders in a lot of dealers order bank and Ford will fulfill the allocation promised to the dealer. If the dealer doesn't have enough buildable units in WBDO, Ford will build stock units for them with the commodities they have. Of course each dealer could deny those stock orders, but I don't see that happening.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanna bet? There are going to be stock units for 2021 very soon. There's not enough soft top orders in a lot of dealers order bank and Ford will fulfill the allocation promised to the dealer. If the dealer doesn't have enough buildable units in WBDO, Ford will build stock units for them with the commodities they have. Of course each dealer could deny those stock orders, but I don't see that happening.
Well yea if it’s a parts constraint they’re going to build a stock vehicle Vs not building one at all but there are plenty of soft top orders waiting to be filled. They told dealers in the same email about the reservation system that it will go reservation holders, in person orders, stock units in that order barring parts constraints

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 IH Scout RIP, 2010 Mazdaspeed3 Zoom
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I'm buying a Porsche instead. Ford has really fumbled this whole affair. Never buy american

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are tens of thousands of first-week reservations who never did anything with their reservations. Some percentage will never do anything. Some percentage will buy a ‘22 or ‘23. It’s hard to know how many people will claim a ‘22 and how many will go to dealer stock.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I'm buying a Porsche instead. Ford has really fumbled this whole affair. Never buy american
I’m sure Ford corporate will be devastated to know they’ve lost the demographic which cross shops body on frame off road SUVs and 911s

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 IH Scout RIP, 2010 Mazdaspeed3 Zoom
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure Ford corporate will be devastated to know they’ve lost the demographic which cross shops body on frame off road SUVs and 911s
my other option was a mustang bullitt, so yes they are losing two sales

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my other option was a mustang bullitt, so yes they are losing two sales
Was meant to be more of a joke but context is tough on the inter webs 😬 Sorry things didn’t work out, what are you getting for a Porsche?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a priority code 10. Didn't do anything special or request anything. An AMB color order created in June of 2021. Got the email that said I am pushed to a 22'. So no clue what's next!
Did not get the "Dear John" email yet. Hope springs eternal...

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well yea if it’s a parts constraint they’re going to build a stock vehicle Vs not building one at all but there are plenty of soft top orders waiting to be filled. They told dealers in the same email about the reservation system that it will go reservation holders, in person orders, stock units in that order barring parts constraints
Yes that is the order but at each individual dealer. There could easily be a dealer with plenty of buildable units in their system but they are out of allocation and the next dealer that has much more allocation but not buildable units will receive stock units before the dealer that ran out can fulfill actual customer orders.

Hope I'm making sense. That's how it works.

MLKN

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's funny that you say that. I had a Fiesta ST I was going to trade in for a Focus RS and they added 5-10K markup on the RS so I kept the Fiesta (A good decision in retrospect). I wanted a GT 350 and the dealer wanted 10k markup so bought a 911. Now wanting a Bronco but having second thoughts. May be looking at the competition.

Their sales model and dealer markups has killed at least two and maybe 3 sales from me. On a side note when I went to the Porsche dealership they handed me the keys and told me to bring it back whenever. Couldn't even test drive the RS, GT 350 and only was allowed around the block in the Bronco.

Maldomob

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned class action lawsuit against ford. I placed my order in March 15, 2021. Got the 2dr black diamond which is waterproof in side. So I don't care if the top is ugly or it leaks. They promised a bronco and now I get screwed. Someone needs to do a lawsuit against ford for fraud.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because the reservation scheme turned out ridiculous, and attracted a whole bunch of people not even sure exactly what they were reserving, having not test driven or even seen a Bronco in person, banging away at keyboards a year ago. People who later had second thoughts, or reality of the vehicle or finances set in, etc.

And with essentially no skin in the game (refundable $100 deposit), it doesn't surprise at all that people have one or more reservations unused. Probably those people have reservations for Maverick and F150 Lightning. Scarcity is a powerful drug, hurry and reserve, before it's too late ... ;)
This right here. All these ridiculous stories, in this thread even, of people with multiple reservations, or talking about how they just bought a jeep but "will pickup my bronco when available" are just screwing everyone else over. We all know they aren't buying a bronco 6 months after their new car. Ford will be producing 20k of these things a month, prices will drop and no one will take the depreciation hit you can count on it. In the meantime all these converted orders that people don't pick up go to stock units. It's super frustrating. I wish there was another way to require another non-refundable deposit at VIN time.
Sponsored