First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's either spectacularly sarcastic or hopelessly optimistic.
I'm expecting/hoping to get mine around 11 months from now, and that's with a reservation in the first month.
Little bit of both depends on which reservation I look at.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it is reasonable to stop "reservations" given there is probably a year and a half backlog.
The factory can build 300,000 vehicles/year.
If they have the parts

As we have seen, that is a gigantic if.

So, if they every manage to get the hard top fiasco fixed...
And fixed means building 800-900 good ones a day...

They can legitimately clear the backlog in about 4 months.

I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you're thinking maybe reservations ended only temporarily . . . and may re-open when MY22 ordering gets started -
They may be right, Ford is pushing for customers to order their next vehicle the way they want. On the F-150 they’re offering an additional $1000 rebate if you custom order it.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly they should've done this by September last year, or at least when order banks opened in January.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To Kill a Reservation should be balanced with a Bronco X-Plan pricing to stop the Ford Stealerships from fleecing faithful customers waiting for the 22 order bank to open.

Any 7/20 - 3/19 Reservation or Order should still be built, delivered and price protected until 2023. Maybe retro X Plan for those MSRP or Last Minute Greedy ADM victims.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

why would someone who has a reservation wait this long before placing their order? what were you reserving? why not just simply go to the dealer and order the vehicle? i did not get a reservation, but i simply went to my local dealer and put down about 20% and placed my order. they printed out an order summary with a 10 priority code and told me my order was placed. i see all these people with their 99 priority codes which means they did not order their car, why? 190,000 reservations? well, how many of these are actual orders?
There were about 190,000 reservations with 120,000 converted to orders in March. They haven't put out anything official since then afaik.
There were many reasons to order early and then code 99. For me, ordering early locked in pricing and helped my dealer with the allocation formula. I had the order held because I want the modular top. Others are waiting for mansquatch or for green or for some other option that was teased for MY22.
There's a huge amount of history on this forum that's gets particularly interesting after July '20 and leading up to the order banks opening.

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They may be right, Ford is pushing for customers to order their next vehicle the way they want. On the F-150 they’re offering an additional $1000 rebate if you custom order it.
You mean Ford wants us to order them the way they want to build them right? Because I’m pretty sure most of us wanted hard tops and a lot of you wanted 2 doors.
Hell, Ford dropped the ball out of the gate when they didn’t know what the word First in First Edition meant.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You mean Ford wants us to order them the way they want to build them right? Because I’m pretty sure most of us wanted hard tops and a lot of you wanted 2 doors.
Hell, Ford dropped the ball out of the gate when they didn’t know what the word First in First Edition meant.
Sounds like you should go order a Jeep to stick it to Ford.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seen this coming a LONG time ago. Once Ford decided to build based on allocation vs. timestamp, reservations really mean nothing. Add in the issue with the top and BOOM, the reservation system no longer means anything. Surprised they didn't pull the plug on the reservations months ago.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meanwhile, the reservation list for the Lightning is so robust, Ford stated today they will ramp up production due to the demand. Fortunately, my testicles no longer have any feeling due to the constant kicking from Ford over this Bronco. So I have that going for me.