Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my guess is the "fat stack of cash" means something... 20% down payment walking through the door.
It really doesn't. Dealers make money on the back end when you finance. The more you finance the more they make. Large down payments are useless. As it buying cash. My dealer doesn't give one shit that I'm walking in there and writing them a check for the whole amount, they'd rather I finance the whole thing.

If you really want to fuck with a dealership, negotiate a price based on financing the car, then pay it off in under 90 days. Little thing to note: this will hurt your credit. FICO doesn't like it when you pay your loans off early. (my credit dropped 30 points when I paid off my 36 month loan in month 6 on my last car)

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really doesn't. Dealers make money on the back end when you finance. The more you finance the more they make. Large down payments are useless. As it buying cash. My dealer doesn't give one shit that I'm walking in there and writing them a check for the whole amount, they'd rather I finance the whole thing.

If you really want to fuck with a dealership, negotiate a price based on financing the car, then pay it off in under 90 days. Little thing to note: this will hurt your credit. FICO doesn't like it when you pay your loans off early. (my credit dropped 30 points when I paid off my 36 month loan in month 6 on my last car)
I have financed to get the $500 bonus for financing and paid it off in 30 days and no dings on my credit score. The dealer still makes money if you pay it off early- just not as much. I have done this three times in the last 10 years

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody want my 99'd BaseManSquatch order? I think I'm going to give up on Ford and go buy a Tacoma.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anybody want my 99'd BaseManSquatch order? I think I'm going to give up on Ford and go buy a Tacoma.
I think Tacoma and Ranger will both have refreshes announced next year so you might want to hold off a bit.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i fully understand what you are saying. but most who were walking into the dealerships were not motivated buyers. and any sales were welcome. some commission is better than none. my salesman was very happy to merely go to his manager with the build sheet i had printed and say order it. as far as my credit goes, i'm ok.

Swacer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor; 2018 Shelby GT350; 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spoke with my dealer today as I was looking to make a reservation last evening, after borrowing their loaner bronco a couple times, and found this screen. Per them, everything is essentially frozen until the order banks for MY22 open up. Looking at what has been said here, backordered orders, capacity, it looks like they could be upward to 8-10 months behind, and thats just to catch back up on current orders. So I would think a September 2021 Order, will result in a spring 2023 delivery (assuming 8-10 months backlog, plus 2-3 months normal delivery time). Does that sound about right?

jtietzer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well at least my truck will be fully paid off before this thing ever shows up. Just reserved one a few weeks ago and not in a rush. Hopefully they actually offer the manual with the sas package for the 2022 model year.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I would think a September 2021 Order, will result in a spring 2023 delivery (assuming 8-10 months backlog, plus 2-3 months normal delivery time). Does that sound about right?
There's been speculation that if Ford gets their shit together they could clear the backlog in 4 months. There's also been speculation that Ford hasn't had their shit together since the Model T went out of production.

I don't know a single industry not experiencing significant shortages right now, and car parts come from a lot of different manufacturers each sourcing their materials from multiple places. I would err on the side of things taking very long.

Sponsored

Swacer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor; 2018 Shelby GT350; 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's been speculation that if Ford gets their shit together they could clear the backlog in 4 months. There's also been speculation that Ford hasn't had their shit together since the Model T went out of production.

I don't know a single industry not experiencing significant shortages right now, and car parts come from a lot of different manufacturers each sourcing their materials from multiple places. I would err on the side of things taking very long.
Personally, dragging into 2023 works best for me anyways. I want to get my Raptor off DD duty, but another year won't be too bad.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Tacoma and Ranger will both have refreshes announced next year so you might want to hold off a bit.
I hope not. That will probably mean the death of manual transmissions for the Tacoma. They already dropped them on every trim except 4 door TRD short bed trucks. I'm planning to buy a 4 door short bed TRD Off-Road v6 manual with 2" lift and skid plates for the same MSRP as a 2 door BaseManSquatch. Already have the quote on paper, just waiting a few more months before I squeeze the trigger.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what do the codes meean?
codes for build priority, order status, trim levels, options, etc. Those that deferred to Model Year 2022 Broncos had their dealers submit blank orders with a priority code of "99" which just tells Ford that the customer is choosing to wait until 2022 order banks open to customize/spec out their order
Sponsored