Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this has been beat to death but, I don’t have a reservation but I may have the opportunity to finally start the process soon however with reservations closed can I go to my local dealer and just order? What’s really the point of reserving if your dealer is just going to call you to build an order, haven’t been able to get a straight answer can somebody please enlighten me !!!
Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this has been beat to death but, I don’t have a reservation but I may have the opportunity to finally start the process soon however with reservations closed can I go to my local dealer and just order? What’s really the point of reserving if your dealer is just going to call you to build an order, haven’t been able to get a straight answer can somebody please enlighten me !!!
I'm in the same boat. I called the dealer Monday to place an order and they said it would be placed as a "retail order" but I don't have a "reservation". They made it sound like a reservation couldn't be placed until the MY22 orders open up soon. I'm like you I'm confused about the difference between an order and a reservation and how an order works without one. I did receive a confirmation email from Ford saying they received my order. I called a few days later to try to get it linked to myFord account to try to track it easier. I spent almost an hour on the phone and got transferred about 4 times and the final answer I got was that it couldn't be linked to my account without a reservation number. One of the people I spoke with commented "I would be a little concerned that you don't have a reservation number" even though she confirmed as well she could see my "order" in the system,..🤷‍♂️

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, you can just walk in to a dealer and place a MY21 order. Depending on what you build, you have a fighting chance of getting it this year. Please don't do that, though. A lot of us have been waiting a very long time.

MY22 ordering was supposed to open up on 9/13, but had been pushed back to October for the looks of it. Latest you can submit a new MY21 order is 9/30 last I heard, and no changes to existing orders after 10/1. Reservations are supposed to resume next month when MY22 order banks open.

There's a lot of "shoulds" and "supposed tos" in there, so take everything with a grain of salt. Some dealers are saying that they cannot make any new orders. They're wrong, so it should be a pretty good indicator as to how good of a dealer they actually are.
Sponsored