rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bet Ford does not what special editions or any editions they going have they just trying to keep people from jumping off the Bronco ship and buying a Jeep because they know they fucked up big time with the hard tops and not having a soft top ready for the 2 doors.
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The next "Special Edition" needs to be a COPO Bronco

Fuggedabout Trim Levels and Restrictions. You start with a Base and build it like the good old days. I know what a 6G Bronco needs better than these current crop of boy wonder engineers and marketing managers.

Give me the Build and Accessory Codes, hold my coffee and I'll teach your youngsters about the glory days of COPO car building.

Oh, your choice of tops would be Hard, Soft and Nunya as in if you don't want one, you don't need to buy one. Yours get shipped with an all weather, washout interior and a car cover.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll start by saying I hope things work out for all of us day 1 reservation guys that got pushed to MY22 and we get ours early next year. (Have to include something positive.)

However, I have ZERO expectations that Ford can successfully implement a special edition trim early enough for us original MY21 now MY22s. If anything I would expect these alleged “special editions” wouldn’t be (said) built until Q3 2022 at the earliest. Sorry, but I just don’t have any confidence in anything “new” Ford will try to do with the Bronco. When people say this experience has been a rollercoaster, I think of it as the Hulk rollercoaster in Universal except right off the 40mph~ shoot/start, you derail and your harness falls apart.

I’ll just be happy if they can successfully get the roof debacle managed before the first of the year and can actually schedule the original MY21 guys/gals in Q1 2022.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nothing is fact anymore….
I don’t know if inner shell will be thicker, but outer layer will be and the new tooling will have a rolled edge which I assume means sealed edge where all 3 pieces are melded together. Probably means there will be some hand finish work to clean up left over material and smooth that edge after coming out of mold
Curious how thicker plays into what appears to be weight limits, e.g. 4 door BL can't order a brush bar or roof rack. Can't even add a cargo mat or PPF. If these restrictions are due to extemely tight weight limits (no PPF?), wonder how a heavier top plays out.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s gotta be a really cool “special edition” for me to change my current build. I’m not one who’s interested in this “heritage edition,” albeit I think it’s a cool idea. Just not my cup of tea.

Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am curious as to what Special Editions may be offered but would also be wary that selecting one could be another path of new delays, waiting in line, etc. IA AM CURIOUS....DOES ANYONE KNOW what "FIX" they have come up with for the MIC? New tops go on the Broncos at dirt mountain in October and this "new" MIC for 2022 year production. Is it a new material? Better quality control of the same MIC? A design change? Does anyone know or know if FORD is going to tell us what they have changed with this "new" MIC? Thank you.
I’m holding out for the “Defender Edition“…

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s gotta be a really cool “special edition” for me to change my current build. I’m not one who’s interested in this “heritage edition,” albeit I think it’s a cool idea. Just not my cup of tea.
Ford stated Special Editions plural so hopefully their line up will include but not be limited to Heritage Edition.

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ghost rider edition , so rare not one get produced. Forgive the sarcastic tone still bitter. It took 6 months to decide my build then the shit show. Now I get to start all over.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I think Ford is just trying to string us along. There will be a First Edition replacement. Probably the same thing with a new name and a new exclusive color choice. And then the Heritage edition. Both of which will be too much money to spend on a Ford.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curious how thicker plays into what appears to be weight limits, e.g. 4 door BL can't order a brush bar or roof rack. Can't even add a cargo mat or PPF. If these restrictions are due to extemely tight weight limits (no PPF?), wonder how a heavier top plays out.
I've asked same questions but no answers yet, I imagine since they say it is a cosmetic issue it only needs to be thick enough to never show the honeycomb.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of special editions..

I have this sneaking feeling that the Wildtrak trim will be disappearing before MY23.

Why do you need Wildtrak if you have Raptor? Identical purposes.
Wildtrak = Raptor light?
Sponsored