First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I first had a 2dr obx ordered with a v6 lux etc. Since I reserved and ordered it in march, I knew it would be a long time but my trade in was racking up miles and i wanted a Bronco. I switched to a 4dr soft top 4cyl obx and got a build date a week later. I just took delivery today. I plan on driving it for a few weeks to see what i like or dont like and then order the 2dr that i originally wanted. When it comes in, my 4dr Bronco will have lost little to no value and Ill trade it in or sell it. Meanwhile Im driving a Bronco even its its not the exact one I want.
hows the 2.3 drive?
Sponsored

miked47

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hows the 2.3 drive?
The 2.3 is better than I was expecting. It has plenty of power. I first felt like this Bronco was somehow inferior because of the 4cyl engine but I might actually prefer it now. In my opinion, it is not underpowered by any means.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enjoy your Bronco but lay off the 'poser' nonsense.

Does anyone else remember this crap? Archeology only possible with a 4 door. FFS man! :ROFLMAO:
2 doors work just fine...

Never been into archeology anyway, although I don't have a problem with folks who like getting stoned and getting their rocks off...

4032.jpg

4029.jpg

4031.jpg

4030.jpg

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve got 1000 miles on my 2.3 10 speed on the highway. Boo coo pickup and definitely see a difference there with the premium gas but truthfully, regular gas is just fine. I don’t drive much above 75 but I am very pleased with the 2.3.and the 22 mpg it gives me on regular. Premium is about the same by the way. The synch babe comes on all by herself and asks how she can help me sometimes but that’s the only glitch I have. As far as the softtop goes, I’m happy I got it. It’s not loud even at 70+ mph. and we can talk in normal tones . I met a lifelong Jeep guy at harbor freight today and let him drive Buck a bit. Very bad move on his part. now he wants to get a bronco. Can’t say as I blame him. Best fries- 5 guys , hands down.

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to be more based on the dealers allocation to me. My order went through fast with a Badlands 2.7 MIC and Sasquatch.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jumping the line for a "Big Bend std package with a 2.3L and soft top" is like abandoning the wait at a nice restaurant to go get a mcdouble.
🤯🤯

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had a two week old order schedule today for us. I know reservations are important but only when it comes down to the last factor in scheduling. Right now it’s all about having a “buildable” order. The Bronco is a Big Bend std package with a 2.3L and soft top of course. Jumped in front of my other BB’s that had more options and were reservation holders. Almost seems unfair for the ones that have been waiting so long but it’s all about commodity restrictions. Like so many have said before. If you want it fast, this is a good combination to go with and add to it later. But for the ones who want to extras, including myself, we will continue to wait it out.
You smart. I've got a BD backup res. at 2K below with Granger, probably 3 years out. Now that I have my Base Auto, I just don't really care anymore. Not a rock crawler, so don't really need all that.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread cracks me up. Maybe your burger preference is an indicator of which Bronco model you prefer.

Essentially if I could get a Black Diamond with Lux, it’s what I’d order. It’s not in the cards. Sure my configuration has some excess. I’ll never need the stay bar disconnect. My absolute minimum for this build. Wash out floors, heated seats and mirrors, decent sound system, tow, remote start, adaptive cruise. You can only do it with a Badlands. This is why I chose it.

The Bronco is going to be my daily driver and I’m willing to wait for what I want, but only for so long.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove a 4cyl 4dr, it was ok around town, runs out of steam on the highway, not much left at 70mph.
I had no issues getting a 2.3L 4 door to 75mph or 75-90 fast. It was in sport mode but still.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had no issues getting a 2.3L 4 door to 75mph or 75-90 fast. It was in sport mode but still.
Probably depends on what you drive now. The 2.3L in a 4-door Bronco is adequate, but certainly not fast by any standards.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably depends on what you drive now. The 2.3L in a 4-door Bronco is adequate, but certainly not fast by any standards.
I had a 392 Challenger the past few years so I’m definitely used to going fast.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I don't have a lead foot, the 2.3L should be fine. At high altitude though such as 10,000+ feet, hope it will have enough kick.

Handling wise though, this class of vehicles are like driving boats, compared to purpose built cars designed to excel on pavement. I drove a JKU recently on pavement and couldn't wait to get back in my sports car.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your reservation is your place in line at a dealership, not nationally.

Think of it this way. A guy is standing in front of a bunch of buckets. Each bucket has a table next to it with a stack of playing cards, and each bucket has a number on it. The bucket represents an individual dealership, and the stack of playing cards represents the orders from that dealership. The number on the bucket represents the number of allocations that dealership gets and
the cards are sorted by reservation timestamp., oldest on top.

Now, that covers allocation and reservation timestamp. But what about shortages?

When the guy takes a card and puts it in a bucket, he is scheduling it to be built. Before he starts, he is told that Ford can't build any Hearts. (Commodity shortage) So, the guy goes down the line of buckets and picks up the top card. If it is a heart, he puts it down on the table and picks up the next card. If that card is buildable, it goes into the bucket.

He goes down the line of buckets, dropping one card in at a time, filtering out the unbuildable cards by starting a second stack, like you do in solitaire.

Eventually, some buckets have reached their allocation, so he starts skipping those buckets, regardless of how many cards are still on the corresponding table. If he gets to a table that is out of buildable cards, but the bucket still has room, he drops in Jokers instead, which represent "Dealer stock".

Why? Ford has to meet the allocation. Your reservation timestamp only determines your order of consideration during the process of selection, and is specific only to your dealership. If Ford can't build your Bronco, they won't. If Dealership A has 100 orders and 150 allocation, they are going to get 150 Broncos. If Dealership B has 400 orders and 200 allocation, they are going to get 200 Broncos. They are going to get those Broncos in order of availability of parts and then in order of timestamp.

Allocation then Availability then Timestamp. Customer comes last.

Except Ford doesn't see it this way because each Bronco will sell, and they will fill every custom order that came from a reservation. To the shareholders and upper-management, they are doing a fine job. As far as Ford is concerned, we are just a bunch of crying toddlers who don't understand "how the world works" or "Didn't understand what a reservation was."
Sponsored