Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Warning- Unpopular opinion...

I think reservation date shouldn't be conflated with "waiting" for an order. Full Bronco production (not job 1) started in June of 2021 (someone can correct me if that's wrong) which means that people have been actually waiting a little over a year now for their Broncos to be built and delivered. I get that the production start was later than expected but Ford took reservations on a vehicle it said wouldn't be going into production for some time. The clock really started at full production.

I appreciate the frustration of early reservation holders still waiting for their rigs- that's ridiculous they are still waiting and I'm not apologizing for Ford. If you went after a below-MSRP deal at an under-allocated dealer that also sucks as it appears Ford changed the allocation rules after the fact but is not necessarily representative of most people's order experience.

None of this matters as it's just my opinion but I think those kinds of assertions that combine reservation and order wait times clouds the reality and expectations for non-reservation holders. It's also a touch hyperbolic to cite a reservation date when a walk-in order posts about getting their OBX or BB delivered in 6 months and gets blasted by reservation holders still waiting- complaining about someone getting a walk-in order before them (even if it's a non or less-constrained build than their own).

Again- reservation holders have every right to be frustrated, angry or even defectors to other brands/ vehicles. I'm waiting for my walk-in order from January without any build date in site. I am frustrated with the lack of communication, delays and lack of leadership from Ford like everyone else. I also believe that my walk-in order is, philosophically, only 6 months newer than first day reservation holders- based on full production start. With my walk-in order comes a wait. Presumably and hopefully my order will be behind those reservation holders. They should get their Broncos before me.

I've put on my flame-retardant underwear... here comes the heat...
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, according to the consolation gift given us by Ford (rather than actually getting us our Broncos..) Ford considered the first date for orders to be 7/13/20, which is when they opened up reservations. While I was late to the party and didn't get my reservation in until 7/19/20, first order in 2/26/21, and 2nd order in 10/15/21, I feel I have been waiting since 7/19/20, per Ford's guidance...(and still no build date...)
Ford Bronco Reservations versus actual order wait times 20220718_101604

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again- reservation holders have every right to be frustrated, angry or even defectors to other brands/ vehicles. I'm waiting for my walk-in order from January without any build date in site. I am frustrated with the lack of communication, delays and lack of leadership from Ford like everyone else. I also believe that my walk-in order is, philosophically, only 6 months newer than first day reservation holders- based on full production start. With my walk-in order comes a wait. Presumably and hopefully my order will be behind those reservation holders. They should get their Broncos before me.
Agree 100%. I'm in similar boat, although I had a reservation, I didn't convert to an order until the end of 2021. (6 months after production started) All these claims of 500 days, 700 days. . . . .I tend to think the wait can only be a maximum of 398 days if you go from 6/15/21 to today.

My heart goes out to the real early reservation holders and order placers who are still waiting. The one thing that has remained constant in my life is that the people that do what they are supposed to do often get the shaft. Nice guys finish last. It's always the peeps that don't have their ducks in a row are the ones that luck into situations.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actual orders couldnā€™t be entered into the system until January 2021. I used my order date as my countdown clock. I agree that going from your reservation date does create an artificially long wait time.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
People who reserved have been waiting.

Nevertheless, you want to count order date, well those of us who reserved and then converted to orders when orders opened up in January and February 21 got slapped in the face when first time orders in November 21, December 21, Jamuary,22, February 22 were already getting build dates and built while our orders essentially a full year earlier weren't built.

You want to count dates from when production was in full swing well us with our orders already in by June 21 (and dutifully rolled over as soon as possible for MY22) are still waiting over a year later while those johnny come lately people ordering November 21, December 21, Jamuary,22, February 22 are getting theirs delivered and ours aren't built or schedule yet.

No matter which of those ways you want to cut it, it is over a year for a large number while a whole bunch of later orders got filt.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Warning- Unpopular opinion...

I think reservation date shouldn't be conflated with "waiting" for an order. Full Bronco production (not job 1) started in June of 2021 (someone can correct me if that's wrong) which means that people have been actually waiting a little over a year now for their Broncos to be built and delivered. I get that the production start was later than expected but Ford took reservations on a vehicle it said wouldn't be going into production for some time. The clock really started at full production.

I appreciate the frustration of early reservation holders still waiting for their rigs- that's ridiculous they are still waiting and I'm not apologizing for Ford. If you went after a below-MSRP deal at an under-allocated dealer that also sucks as it appears Ford changed the allocation rules after the fact but is not necessarily representative of most people's order experience.

None of this matters as it's just my opinion but I think those kinds of assertions that combine reservation and order wait times clouds the reality and expectations for non-reservation holders. It's also a touch hyperbolic to cite a reservation date when a walk-in order posts about getting their OBX or BB delivered in 6 months and gets blasted by reservation holders still waiting- complaining about someone getting a walk-in order before them (even if it's a non or less-constrained build than their own).

I've put on my flame-retardant underwear... here comes the heat...
Very unpopular opinion but I agree 100% with you. A lot of people use reservation date as a ā€œyou know whatā€-measuring contest to see who gets to angry tweet at mike Levine that day.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford implied (stated?) that reservation date/order would be the primary driver for build order. They did add the caveat that build order would be altered in order to optimize efficiency, etc based on parts/commodity availability. As we all know the world has blown up, but when I see my exact build, maybe even with more constrained items being delivered to folks that got in line well after me, that's a problem. @Ford Motor Company throwing in the dealer allocation cluster after the fact is BS.

Day 729 since reservation with no build date.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What it boils down is Ford's shitty allocation formula has screwed over 10's of thousands of people. There should have never been reservations in place since allocation is what really determines when you'll get your order built.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When it was conveyed that they would be built in order of reservation with no dealer stock in MY21, many, including myself, planned accordingly. Many began planning and saving for a major purchase once we reserved. I was calculating the date where to jump in so that I was not part of the first 80k units built of a brand new model launch during a pandemic. It was my own calculated risk. Only later was it conveyed all the rule changes about when what would get built and when. At this point, whenever my golden ticket gets drawn and it shows up at the dealer, will I know the outcome. But yes, I followed the launch very closely, and the PR was there for the launch clock to have started on the reservation date. We knew when B&P would be available when Job 1 went live. The F150 Lightning folks are in the same boat now.

I empathize with Ford and many manufacturers right now. In reality, if Ford could deliver these units and convert this to income on the balance sheet, they would. Unfortunately, they and their suppliers cannot execute in a shortage of thousands of parts for whatever reason. Consumer spending has already slowed, and retail units are now being refused, whether it's cars, RV's, boats, Jet Skis, etc... If a full-on recession rolls on the scene, we can hear the grumble of board room executives who missed filling an epic sales backlog and watch the vaporization of backlogged orders drying right up.

Used FE's dropping $10k+ in the last month is pretty telling. I switched to a pickup truck this year and happen to enjoy it. A Gladiator 4xE will take all the money if the Bronco never shows up. Its a minimum of MY24 according to Jeep, so maybe the Bronco beats it to the finish line. A wait is a wait, and I'm waiting until what I want is available to be delivered to me, whatever it is.

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's how my reservation date "helped" me when I actually placed my order.
Reserved on 8/29/20.
Went to my dealer on 10/27/21 and placed order for 2dr. Wildtrak.
Received e-mail from Ford later that day showing my order date as 2/15/21.
My reservation date moved my order date ahead by almost 8 months. Of course, I still haven't gotten a build date, so I still wait.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For all of the people who order January - March of 2021 - that group was supposed to be ordered in priority by reservation date at their dealer.

Base on the numbers produced and sold in 2021, and so far in 2022: Broncos are going somewhere, but they sure arenā€™t basing it on reservation date at each dealer. If they were people from August or September 2020 reservations would be the ones thinking they are the next up and posting with glee or sad resolve in scheduling days and the July reservationists would be long out of that process / delivered or waiting for dirt mountain step children.

The only way to figure out how disenfranchised an order holder is from the original process intent (if they ordered before March 19th, 2021), is to measure by reservation date place in line at their dealer.

Last edited:

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll just go by the 2004 prototype, I've been planning on one since that day. So 18 years, get your stuff together Ford!!! šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Sponsored