Sponsored

Reservations with an out of state Dealer - Are there problems with Emission Standards when registering in your home state?

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A fair number of us have been thinking of (or already have) switching our reservations to out of state dealers to take advantage of better pricing... ( Grangers/ Stephens). Will home state emission requirements present a problem when buying from an out of state dealer?
I am in NY and am considering switching my reservation to Granger or Stephens. Will I run into a problem with getiing my Bronco registered in NY?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got an answer....

FBD7D9C8-939D-4B28-9811-B6DCB79217DF.png

OP
OP
Dave4x4

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There still seems to be some difference of understanding reguarding the issue of different emission equipment requirements.
Can we be assured that an order placed by Granger or Stephens Auto Center will include the California Emission Equipment if the customer needs it to be able to register their Bronco in their home state..
See the following post...
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/9d37292f-736f-4534-9329-2467f253076d-png.39569/
Dave, your link didn’t work for me.
Not sure if you saw @NayNay ‘s answer on one of the threads.
In the Ford ordering system there is a box that we need to make sure the salesperson is checking . No additional fee, just to to confirm and verify that they check the box.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Ford ordering system there is a box that we need to make sure the salesperson is checking . No additional fee, just to to confirm and verify that they check the box.
Correct. It is an option and there is absolutely no charge for it. As a consumer it is your responsibility to add that to you build. The dealership is not responsible for that part unless their state requires it. Still make sure you add it. Just like any other option you'd want. I also made sure I confirmed this to be correct too.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this will help clarify .... it is an either or, a dealership cannot select both. It seems for our state the 2021 builds will automatically have cali emissions unless we request it not to.

20200925_165110.jpg
Sponsored