Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one thread…we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023…

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holders…

A reservation system is NOT an allocation system…

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestamp…

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for change…

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations 7A1EB0EA-5258-4760-AD03-38D659B28900
Sponsored

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one thread…we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023…

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holders…

A reservation system is NOT an allocation system…

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestamp…

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for change…

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations 7A1EB0EA-5258-4760-AD03-38D659B28900
Miracle Ford in Gallatin, TN. Dealer tells me that the Base/Auto VB has been built for some time now. Modules lit up. Just waiting.

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, good to have you back.

What Ford needs to realize is that they can have a reservations system, or they can have an allocation system. In no circumstance will both work together.

The allocation system is just another form of regulation that keep power with those that have power. For a true free market to work it needs little to no regulation. Honest dealers with fair prices should be rewarded and customers willing to do a little homework to find those dealers should also be rewarded.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered 2/16/21 and already have seen 2 exact builds to mine ordered in July 2021 or later built. If you start with a vehicle reservation system you should keep the system all the way through building available models in order. Allocations should not come into this u less you are stating from the beginning it is a factor.

I have put this in a few threads but not on the first page of a thread but please use #ReservationsoverAllocations on all social media to get a trending tag that can be seen by all. Individually tag each person instead of putting all into one tweet/post

Here are my 2 examples
Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations Screenshot_20210930-151252_Chrome
Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations Screenshot_20210930-222805_Chrome

Reactions: jxc

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@DealerInsider I literally just spoke with Steve over at Chapman (as in I hung up the phone probably like 15 minutes ago), love that guy, such a decent dude. And we were discussing some of these same issues. The allocation system is ridiculous....IF there has to be an allocation system (which I don't see why there has to be at all) then it should be based on number of Bronco reservations, nothing else. Then it's taking the number of units that they expect to be able to build during the year and dividing it up in accordance with who has the most Bronco Reservations, this would at least line those who want the Bronco with being able to get it. The people who were first in line should stay first in line.

The build constraints are one thing, I get it, if they don't have a part, chip, etc, then they just can't build whatever one that is, but the allocation formula as it currently stands means that someone with a late reservation at a big giant dealer might wind up getting their bronco before some poor soul who lives in a much less populated area and has a day one reservation. It's genuinely not fair, particularly given the promises that were offered when the reservation system went live.

BTW, this will be my first FORD EVER!, I've been driving for the better part of a quarter century and at this point I've had just about every other major brand, I wish that my introduction to the Ford family were a bit smoother. I'll likely "hang in there" because I don't want another car, I want the Bronco, but if I ever do give up, I'll definitely just be seeing what else Tom and his crew can offer me that I'll have at some point before gasoline can't even be purchased anymore.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford said repeatedly they would build reservations first before dealer stock. How can you not honor that when so many took you at your word. Integrity much?
This would be my first new Ford since several in the late 80's early 90's. Ordered from Tom. Had no expectations of being built before any earlier orders due to the reservation time stamps. Now with this new BS, they will most likely build big dealer stock or their newer orders before my order? Will definitely cancel but order another brand from Tom.

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off, good to have you back.

What Ford needs to realize is that they can have a reservations system, or they can have an allocation system. In no circumstance will both work together.

The allocation system is just another form of regulation that keep power with those that have power. For a true free market to work it needs little to no regulation. Honest dealers with fair prices should be rewarded and customers willing to do a little homework to find those dealers should also be rewarded.
Exactly - this is what is so putrid about Ford, rewarding, encouraging & supporting rampant, irrational greed & the sewer that is giant dealer's superiority complex over the regular hard working consumer.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@DealerInsider if Ford intends to keep the current allocation system the tweak that I would advocate for would guarantee that all 2020 reservations be built in 2022. Simplest solution I can come up with is to hold back about 5% of the total MY22 production forecast and distribute that to dealers in an effort to clear out their 2020 reservation backlog. The other 95% would be distributed using the current allocation formula.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know the allocation system sucks... mostly. If reservations were followed strictly, then there would be some dealers that never see the first Bronco in 2021 because all the super early res holders are at other dealers. I think they should stick to the Reservation system with only one small exception. Get at least ONE Bronco to every dealer ASAP, especially the stand alone Ford dealers. Use Res date first, constraints next, then move down from there. If a dealer like Granger has 1300 reservations, get them ALL built at least by 2022. All initial reservations should be built by then no matter how many allocations a dealer might have.
@Ford Motor Company
@mrlevine
People moved to dealers based on the deals they could get. Wouldn't you rather get more Broncos out there to happy customers and at the same time stem all the price gouging from disreputable dealers? Get all the reservations built first but also make sure EVERY dealer gets one ASAP. My dealer has not even gotten his mannequin yet. THAT is ridiculous when some of the "big dealers" have 2 already.
My dealer guarantees MSRP for 2021 and now for 2022. Better than these $15-20k mark ups at some dealers.
Sponsored