Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine that’s based on an algorithm and not the math of reservations/factor production, however, this means a base 2-Door Bronco reserves on July 13 just got significantly more valuable on delivery.

It’s been a long wait. I’ve been just as excited as anyone else and this will be my baby, so I’m not motivated to part with my Bronco order that I feverishly refreshed the Ford Site for hours to get, but I could see first arrivals getting $10-12K on their price.

I would be sweating if someone offered me +$15K on my Badlands.
I lurked on the forum since the concept first came out and only joined once the reveal night arrived because I couldn’t contain my excitement, but this brings up the question... after the wait, excitement, delays... what would it take to part with your new Bronco that you just pulled off the delivery room?
Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they’re built in order then yeah there’s definitely some limited jacked up value—- which is crazy because anything other than FE is a mass-produced vehicle.

It took me about 9 hours to get it reserved so i doubt im a “week 1 guy”. We still have Halloween, Christmas, Easter, all that to go. More waiting would suck even if half the car is paid for. I doubt id entertain an offer once i saw it at the dealership LOL. Im mostly excited to get the family in there to go on our adventures and time is more limited than the Bronco unfortunately.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I imagine that’s based on an algorithm and not the math of reservations/factor production, however, this means a base 2-Door Bronco reserves on July 13 just got significantly more valuable on delivery.

It’s been a long wait. I’ve been just as excited as anyone else and this will be my baby, so I’m not motivated to part with my Bronco order that I feverishly refreshed the Ford Site for hours to get, but I could see first arrivals getting $10-12K on their price.

I would be sweating if someone offered me +$15K on my Badlands.
I lurked on the forum since the concept first came out and only joined once the reveal night arrived because I couldn’t contain my excitement, but this brings up the question... after the wait, excitement, delays... what would it take to part with your new Bronco that you just pulled off the delivery room?
There’s a difference between the price one pays for an item and the inherent value of that item.

If you value the Bronco or any other car you own you know it’s true worth to you.

If you’re willing to sell your car that you like very much if someone offered you $10k more than what you paid for it then it also means that you would not have bought it if it cost $10k more than what you paid.

Price and value are different.
The price is the same for everyone but the value varies with each buyer.

If your value is high the price you paid would be very easy to swallow and you won’t be tempted by an offer to sell. Incidentally the one who makes you a higher offer simply values your Bronco more than you do, if you sell.?

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a difference between the price one pays for an item and the inherent value of that item.

If you value the Bronco or any other car you own you know it’s true worth to you.

If you’re willing to sell your car that you like very much if someone offered you $10k more than what you paid for it then it also means that you would not have bought it if it cost $10k more than what you paid.

Price and value are different.
The price is the same for everyone but the value varies with each buyer.

If your value is high the price you paid would be very easy to swallow and you won’t be tempted by an offer to sell. Incidentally the one who makes you a higher offer simply values your Bronco more than you do, if you sell.?
I’m not so sure that’s accurate. Market Value is different than sentimental value, too.

you buy something before the market dictates that value, and the value increases demonstrably, it doesn’t dictate your value.

There’s a lot of Bigger Fish in the Sea who could buy it at a substantially higher cost and value it lower than a person with lesser means.

that said... what is your part point?

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not so sure that’s accurate. Market Value is different than sentimental value, too.

you buy something before the market dictates that value, and the value increases demonstrably, it doesn’t dictate your value.

There’s a lot of Bigger Fish in the Sea who could buy it at a substantially higher cost and value it lower than a person with lesser means.

that said... what is your part point?
Market value is the same for everyone.
I am speaking of personal or as you put it sentimental value.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Market value is the same for everyone.
I am speaking of personal or as you put it sentimental value.
So, survey says...
841b0c4e74b1a481df90e9fddfc6523663a94862&rid=giphy.gif

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they’re built in order then yeah there’s definitely some limited jacked up value—- which is crazy because anything other than FE is a mass-produced vehicle.

It took me about 9 hours to get it reserved so i doubt im a “week 1 guy”. We still have Halloween, Christmas, Easter, all that to go. More waiting would suck even if half the car is paid for. I doubt id entertain an offer once i saw it at the dealership LOL. Im mostly excited to get the family in there to go on our adventures and time is more limited than the Bronco unfortunately.
All the reservations do is gauge interest and provide your name for the dealer to follow up on. Even if you were the very first person to place a reservation, it’s ultimately going to depend on you getting to the dealer once Ford officially opens the order banks and then the dealer getting the order submitted to Ford. That will determine when your VEH is built, not the reservation.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the reservations do is gauge interest and provide your name for the dealer to follow up on. Even if you were the very first person to place a reservation, it’s ultimately going to depend on you getting to the dealer once Ford officially opens the order banks and then the dealer getting the order submitted to Ford. That will determine when your VEH is built, not the reservation.

You have different info than what Ford is putting out?

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that's completely inconsistent with Ford's FAQ.

"Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins."

If what you say is true (and maybe it will be proven to be true in the end), then Fords statement above is a flat out misrepresentation. The implication of Ford's statement is that Ford will at least make some attempt to loosely organize submitted orders based on order of reservation (after giving effect to basic production constraints and whatnot). I’m assuming when it’s time to order anyone with a reservation will have a short window to get their order submitted - like a couple days. It wouldn’t be very damn hard to pair up orders and reservations with a simple sorting program or the like.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And what the actual Ford dealers on this site are saying?
So say for a hypothetical situation the guy with the number one reservation was in a medically induced coma for 6 months come order time, you think they’re going to shut down production until he gets his order in? Ford dealers have zero input on when vehicles are produced, they just supply the orders to the manufacturer. And to manufacture them in a specific order with varying builds and trims to try and follow a numerical reservation list that will be provided at varying times would be a horribly in efficient way of doing production work. Thousands of dealers are going to be submitting orders simultaneously across the country and it absolutely won’t be in the order the reservations came in, it’s impossible.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When it comes to the Bronco and satisfying Reservation orders, Ford dealers do have basically zero ability to influence the build queue. It’s like what was posted. Once order banks open, reservation holders will have ‘x’ days to get their order in. Those that do will get them in the order of reservation (caveat being chunks of individual trims built together).

Your example of the coma patient will miss the window and life will go in without them.

Not sure why you feel so jaded about the reservation process and Fords willingness to honor it.

If you are right, I will eat crow, and it will also piss me off substantially as someone who spent a LOT effort to get his reservation in as quickly as possible.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, that's completely inconsistent with Ford's FAQ.

"Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins."

If what you say is true (and maybe it will be proven to be true in the end), then Fords statement above is a flat out misrepresentation. The implication of Ford's statement is that Ford will at least make some attempt to loosely organize submitted orders based on order of reservation (after giving effect to basic production constraints and whatnot). I’m assuming when it’s time to order anyone with a reservation will have a short window to get their order submitted - like a couple days. It wouldn’t be very damn hard to pair up orders and reservations with a simple sorting program or the like.
They specifically say filled approximately in the same order and based on when they’ll be producing similar units. This a production line not one off customs where they make 10 cars a day, their main interest is getting as many out as efficiently as possible, more so than trying to produce in some predetermined order. There are some people on here who miss that concept. The fact of the matter is eventually they’ll all be built, I just have zero confidence it’s going to be done they way a lot of folks on here are thinking. And while I don’t hold a reservation, I strongly suspect they’re not numerically sequential so how does one even know where they are On this alleged list?

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So say for a hypothetical situation the guy with the number one reservation was in a medically induced coma for 6 months come order time, you think they’re going to shut down production until he gets his order in? Ford dealers have zero input on when vehicles are produced, they just supply the orders to the manufacturer. And to manufacture them in a specific order with varying builds and trims to try and follow a numerical reservation list that will be provided at varying times would be a horribly in efficient way of doing production work. Thousands of dealers are going to be submitting orders simultaneously across the country and it absolutely won’t be in the order the reservations came in, it’s impossible.
It's not impossible at all. You give people a week to get their orders in. After that, you lose your reservation and get your $100 back (or just get pushed to the very back of the line). Those (timely submitted) orders are then ordered based on reservation priority. Then, yes, you have some production groupings for efficiency so it's possible some slightly later reservations here and there get produced earlier, but overall the scheme is order of reservation. Not that hard of a concept.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So say for a hypothetical situation the guy with the number one reservation was in a medically induced coma for 6 months come order time, you think they’re going to shut down production until he gets his order in?
This is why there's a window of time to convert reservations to orders. The reservation timestamp is kept track of in the Ford system. This was mentioned in another thread, maybe by @XCR440 or @Granger Ford
Sponsored