Sponsored

Reserved a Wildtrak, are we sure you can change to Badlands (another model)

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So on the first day, I reserved a Badland 4 door, and then as stupid as it sounds, I liked the front grill better on the Wildtrak so canceled the badlands and reserved the wildtrak on the 2nd day. Now I guess I missed that the Wildtrak interior is not black and come to find out they merged both to have the same grill. I just can't drop 50K+ to get an interior color I hate so want to switch back to badlands and just option it up as close as the Wildtrak.

Any insight on if we can still do this? I've seen posts stating that you can make the change with your dealership and others that state the opposite. Man, it would suck to lose my reservation if not. I'm currently in an FJ Cruiser and was holding on until 2021 but no way I can wait until 2022.

Fingers crossed you can change the model. Thanks for any insight if you can do this?
Sponsored

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So on the first day, I reserved a Badland 4 door, and then as stupid as it sounds, I liked the front grill better on the Wildtrak so canceled the badlands and reserved the wildtrak on the 2nd day. Now I guess I missed that the Wildtrak interior is not black and come to find out they merged both to have the same grill. I just can't drop 50K+ to get an interior color I hate so want to switch back to badlands and just option it up as close as the Wildtrak.

Any insight on if we can still do this? I've seen posts stating that you can make the change with your dealership and others that state the opposite. Man, it would suck to lose my reservation if not. I'm currently in an FJ Cruiser and was holding on until 2021 but no way I can wait until 2022.

Fingers crossed you can change the model. Thanks for any insight if you can do this?
Ford has said along the way that you’ll be able to change models so you should be good. I also reserved a wildtrak and plan on switching to a badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I blame Ford for all this misinformation.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The only trim you cannot change to is the First Edition. Otherwise your.reservation stays intact. You don't need to notify anyone of your change until you sit down with your dealer and place your order.

Now there are plenty uninformed users on this board, and elsewhere including some idiot dealers that may say otherwise, but they're all completely wrong and expose themselves for the asses they are when they try to make such claims.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally asked this question to Ford Marketing when I changed my reservation. She confirmed you could change to any trim level except moving to a sport, or FE.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same thing happened to me, lost my July 17 reservation and got August 10 now :( :( :(

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had just commented on another thread that even though Reservations can't be changed, ORDERS can... unless Ford pulls another surprise on us.
Sponsored