Chrism81

Base
First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Clubs

I'm not looking forward to frustrating anyone more than they already are. Wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.
They probably are and haven't said anything because some people on here will be butthurt or they are not part of this forum, have no clue what is really going on and thought it's just part of the process

Advertisement

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Clubs

Congratulations. Ill wait for the build that I want but look forward to seeing you on the trails. I was on the Black Diamond fence and decided to stick with the Badlands.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, F30 335i M-Sport
Clubs

Has anyone else noticed that on these orders, that it lists the wheelbase? as if to imply that there's a different option you can get? this amuses me for some reason

"Yeah, I'd like a 4 dr, but can I get it with the 2dr wheelbase? that works better for me"

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Stelvio, BMW 135i Conv., BMW R1200GSA
Clubs

So is towing package not a restraint anymore? I removed mine should I put it back on? I think I’m held up because of getting 2door door with MIC

OP
BroncoIII

BroncoIII

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
So is towing package not a restraint anymore? I removed mine should I put it back on? I think I’m held up because of getting 2door door with MIC
I believe that is the only tough to get option on my build.

Thomman

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 2012, Skoda Yeti 2012, Cooper S 2007
A Jan 11th '21 Reservation has a VIN but my Jul 14th '20 hasn't had any response from Ford.
Looks like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to find builds (BTW, great for all who have VINs, no offence meant here).

What should I do to get a VIN.... no tires?
But I'm still sticking to my build. For some more time at least...

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Crew Cab
Reserved January 11th--- Ordered March 15th -- Got a VIN on 5/27 with a production date of July 26th.
I'm confused...did I just get away with something?

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 9.15.00 PM.png
Good blessings for you, and you got the trailer hitch as well. I hope you keep your build date, mine's been moved a few times!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Crew Cab
A Jan 11th '21 Reservation has a VIN but my Jul 14th '20 hasn't had any response from Ford.
Looks like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to find builds (BTW, great for all who have VINs, no offence meant here).

What should I do to get a VIN.... no tires?
But I'm still sticking to my build. For some more time at least...
Glad you're not compromising on your build. It'll come in time, and be worth waiting for!

Ocbucks

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Non MIC, SAS, or 2.7. Ya done good kid.
There was a recent post that didn’t realize the difference between an order number and a VIN. It’s sounds like you do. The posted document is an order only. I assume the VIN came separate. Congrats.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

I would say your lucky; but not really. You don't have any of the add-on that Ford is having difficulty supplying. So people that are still waiting, if you want a 2021 take this as an example on what you have to sacrifice.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7, 2013 GT500, 2019 Raptor
Clubs

That is crazy that they had to go all the way to a Jan 11 reservation date to find something that could be built. They are going to run out of buildable orders pretty quick at that rate.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if August isn't at least 50% dealer stock 4dr ragtop builds.

Advertisement

BuiltRight

Advertisement