Sponsored

***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out.

Frosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your situation is quite a bit different. I'm not sure Ford will step in and assist. You'll need to start your own thread, and then I'll ask ford to look into it. Again, your situation is not the same. Feel free to PM when you do.
I just started a thread- I think….
Sponsored

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
***I dont know what happened . I know I had alot of great people from this forum message me on here and also privately to get additional information. Not sure what happened but at almost 2100 last night the General Manager called me with a very different tone and asked me to come in this morning to resolve this. It was almost like I was in a completely different dealership. The were extremely apologetic , almost overly so. They sold me my Bronco at MSRP without any more drama. I will still add this dealership to the Bad Dealer list as I will most definitely never use them for anything again. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support. To the ones that thought I was trying to cheat the system , I do understand your perspective. All I can say is that was never ever my intention , all I wanted to do was order a Bronco like everyone else. This particular dealership was sadly trying to cheat the process to get themselves additional Broncos on their lot. I got caught up In a terrible situation, and I do feel fortunate that it was resolved the way it was. Thank you to all of you in this group. ***

I have been following this thread and your story. I am so happy to hear that your situation was resolved. Happy Bronco Day for you and your family.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm glad it got resolved. Good luck with your new Bronco. Maybe we can all be as lucky.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will still add this dealership to the Bad Dealer list as I will most definitely never use them for anything again.
If you name them I will add your experience to the list. The Illinois ones on the list are some of the worst.

Glad it worked out. I think the phony reservation game might be happening at a scale that would surprise even this forum. It's not something that is talked about a lot.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm confused about this part:

"On January 18th the tracker showed my Bronco had been delivered. My wife and I drove to the dealer to complete our purchase. We had been in communication with our salesman who gave us final pricing and all the documents our finance company requested. We had financing in place just needed a few more documents from the dealership. The Sales Manager told our salesman to pull the truck around . I went outside with him , he showed me it , it was the exact truck I built almost a year prior . We went back inside and you could feel that the entire tone of the room changed. The Sales Manager was sitting at the table and a very rude and unprofessional man who I identified himself as the General Manager was there now too. He explained to me that Ford changed the rules and that if they sell me this truck they will lose 5 allocations for Broncos. I was stunned, I asked him I have to be punished for their sins. They pushed this situation on me , I never went looking for it . He told me under no circumstances whatever , that nothing I could say or do will make him sell me that truck."

So this wasn't about the dealer trying to shake you down last minute for more money? I wonder why the dealer kept up this charade and even had you show up and look at the vehicle, only to then say they would absolutely not sell it to you. Unclear why the dealer did all that.
Maybe they were doing some shady stuff, got caught by Ford, and your order would have pushed them over into the penalty box.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not say that , lol, nor would I. That's definitely not who I am but have much respect for those with beliefs that strong.
Enjoy that Bronco! I have an almost identical build, so I was getting pretty pissed off that you were so close to getting screwed out of it.

I was hoping my JUL '20 reservation would have me a VIN by now... but I stopped holding my breath a long time ago. Just glad to see carb gray 2dr basesquatches actually exist IRL.

Congrats. 🤘😎🤘

Renee

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You guys suggesting taking this further or higher up need your heads examined.

No vehicle is worth the drama that’s in this thread let alone what the op experienced with this dealership!

#1 - Get your $500 deposit back
#2 - get a full refund on the parts you bought that they have in their possession.

#3 - reorder another Bronco from another dealership if you still want one.

Hiring a lawyer is the stupidest thing you could do. Only someone who’s never hired a lawyer would suggest that.

Get your money back and walk away, consider it a lesson learned!
According to my lawyer husband, who is on a board of directors and counsel to dealership. He said he would sue - hire a lawyer. Lawyer, after going over everything, will tell you if you have a case.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
According to my lawyer husband, who is on a board of directors and counsel to dealership. He said he would sue - hire a lawyer. Lawyer, after going over everything, will tell you if you have a case.
A doctor will advise you to see a doctor, a plumber will tell you to hire a plumber, etc.

Ask your husband what his average bill is up to and including the first letter he sends that introduces his involvement in dispute? And hourly rate?

Sponsored
OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A doctor will advise you to see a doctor, a plumber will tell you to hire a plumber, etc.

Ask your husband what his average bill is up to and including the first letter he sends that introduces his involvement in dispute? And hourly rate?
Luckily it didn't come to that , and I believe me I know I'm lucky. Whatever happened to change their tune , I feel very fortunate. I did actually speak to a lawyer who looked over all the documentation I had and he said it was a slam dunk breach of contract case and a borderline fraud case. The problem here in Illinois is we have a statute in which if fraud is proven the person being sued has to cover our legal fees. A breach of contract case doesn't offer that same protection.
So in a case like this attorneys are reluctant to take the case pro bono for fears the legal fees would be more than the damages ....basically the juice isn't worth the squeeze . I don't know if that info will help anyone in the future but I figured I'd put it out there .

Last edited:

Renee

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Renee

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will not quote my husband's reply.
Free consultant doesn't cost anything but time; can get a few free consultations.
Can write his own letter asking for his money back or else will hire a lawyer, and dealer will have to pay for lawyer, too.
Anyway, good luck.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will not quote my husband's reply.
Free consultant doesn't cost anything but time; can get a few free consultations.
Can write his own letter asking for his money back or else will hire a lawyer, and dealer will have to pay for lawyer, too.
Anyway, good luck.
You're reiterating that a profession recommends his profession.

Your husbands time doesn't have a $$$ value??

The initial consultation is free, then a minute won't be spent on the case until he gets a retainer, every minute after that is billed.

I won't reply to your comments on this any further so take the last word if you want it.

DanR

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You deserve your vehicle as much as everybody else who put an order in. I am glad that this ended in the way it did and I hope that dealership can reflect in any future schemes that they try to pull. You are not in the wrong and I hope these types of situations come to an end with ford soon. I'm sorry you had to deal with this
Sponsored