Sponsored

***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out.

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

***I dont know what happened . I know I had alot of great people from this forum message me on here and also privately to get additional information. Not sure what happened but at almost 2100 last night the General Manager called me with a very different tone and asked me to come in this morning to resolve this. It was almost like I was in a completely different dealership. The were extremely apologetic , almost overly so. They sold me my Bronco at MSRP without any more drama. I will still add this dealership to the Bad Dealer list as I will most definitely never use them for anything again. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support. To the ones that thought I was trying to cheat the system , I do understand your perspective. All I can say is that was never ever my intention , all I wanted to do was order a Bronco like everyone else. This particular dealership was sadly trying to cheat the process to get themselves additional Broncos on their lot. I got caught up In a terrible situation, and I do feel fortunate that it was resolved the way it was. Thank you to all of you in this group. ***

So I'm really struggling with a situation here and I've been hesitant to share my story because many people might say I'm getting what I deserve or that I'm a fucking idiot ...and looking back, maybe I am on both counts. I decided to share along with some background so if you are able to take the time to read read through this and if anyone had any advice or can offer me any help I would truly appreciate it.

My name is Mike , I'm a 49 year old retired Firefighter/ Paramedic. I served the community for 20 years before having to retire because of a severe lung disease. I was not an early reservation holder , I was not in the market for a new car when the original reservations came out . To be honest I'm not much of an internet/technology person at all which is probably why I'm in this mess. I had tragically lost my Dad a few years ago, who was a retired police officer, to suicide. When I was a kid , my Dad had a Bronco so when I finally heard about the Bronco coming back I thought it would be a cool way to honor him and be able to build it out with my sons and someday give it to them.

I do have everyone involved in this situations , names , titles, and well over 50 pages of documentation to prove every word of what your about to read as fact . I am not tech savvy but I'm always prepared.

If you're still with me , I hope you enjoy this roller coaster more than my family is.

So here is where my awful Bronco story begins. On February 26, 2021 I made the decision to look into ordering one of the new Broncos. Going back to me being an old school face to face kinda guy I decided to just go to my local dealership to help me understand the process . I was met by a nice young salesman in the parking lot when I pulled in . I asked him to explain the ordering process to my wife and I and we sat at his desk , he explained how it worked and we started building our Bronco on his computer. He explained at that time ,long before any of the top delays and other delays, that if we placed our reservation and order today that we might see the truck towards rhe end of summer beginning of fall. I had never in my life special ordered a vehicle and I understood we were late to the party so we agreed and continued to proceed with the paperwork. As we completed our build sheet and we were finishing up some paperwork a man who identified himself as the Sales Manager came up to our desk and introduced himself. He again explained me that we were late to this process and it would be awhile before we would take delivery. We weren't in a huge hurry and we understood we came into the process late. This is the moment that ruined everything for us and one of the biggest regrets I've ever had. He told us that he was going to do us a favor . He told us that because the Bronco was going to be such a wanted vehicle that they had their office staff place orders early on in the process for vehicles that they would in turn sell on their lot. He told me if I gave him $500 right then and there that he would take one of those reservations they had and convert it into my order. Looking back, knowing how wrong what they were doing was , I would have never done that , that's not who I am. I didn't know any better. We didn't go there looking for any favors , we just went to order a Bronco. He told me it might speed up the process for us and he made it seem like it was totally fine and reasonable to do. So we gave them $500. Took home the paperwork we did with them and began the wait.

I think I found this forum in that April after we placed the order and it just got me more excited and I tried to be a good member of this new community I was going to be a part of. I learned alot from so many amazing people on here and it was nice to have this resource available. As the delays mounted I was continually in contact with my dealer through text messages with my Salesman . Around May he advised that he had found another job and suggested I stop at the dealer and get someone new assigned for my purchase. I did that , the same Sales Manager that put me in this situation assigned me a new salesman and this young man was great . We communicated often regarding various things like extended warranty, financing , ADM , delays , etc. I can't remember what month Ford came down and changed the allocations and things were coming up on the forum regarding a percentage of the purchaes needing to be in the name of the reservation holder. This was when I was starting to be aware that what happened in my case was probably not good. I reached out to my dealer to get everything switched over to my name and they told me no . They said don't worry. Everything is fine , just keep it as is.

I was also I'm communication through email with the woman who's reservation they "gave" me for my order. She would forward me all the communication from Ford regarding the different events, etc. Then on September 30th she emailed me a big Congratulations email , all in Caps with a celebration emoji, that I got picked for production and gave me my Vin# . Obviously there was a ton of further delays . On December 29th at 0642 she emailed me that my Bronco had been built . I was super excited for myself and my family and like many of you became addicted to the trackers , every day , multiple times , lol.

On January 18th the tracker showed my Bronco had been delivered. My wife and I drove to the dealer to complete our purchase. We had been in communication with our salesman who gave us final pricing and all the documents our finance company requested. We had financing in place just needed a few more documents from the dealership. The Sales Manager told our salesman to pull the truck around . I went outside with him , he showed me it , it was the exact truck I built almost a year prior . We went back inside and you could feel that the entire tone of the room changed. The Sales Manager was sitting at the table and a very rude and unprofessional man who I identified himself as the General Manager was there now too. He explained to me that Ford changed the rules and that if they sell me this truck they will lose 5 allocations for Broncos. I was stunned, I asked him I have to be punished for their sins. They pushed this situation on me , I never went looking for it . He told me under no circumstances whatever , that nothing I could say or do will make him sell me that truck. Its the exact truck I had special ordered. My exact specifications, the truck who's Vin# they sent me was sitting in their parking lot and they were refusing to sell it to me. I did everything I could to stay calm and believe me it was difficult. I then asked if that wasn't my truck , where is the truck I ordered on February 26th , 2021 that I gave them $500 to order for me . He stomped his feet , walked away , and said they aren't selling me this truck and that I should leave.

So everyone I've shares this with is appalled and mortified but no one can help me. We know they are wrong and we all know why they are pushing me off the order . We know that vehicle will be listed soon with substantial ADM , which they knew they couldn't get from me because I have a paper trail that definitely proves breach of contract and potentially proves fraud. The problem being is I don't have a lawyer to fight this and truth be told I can't afford to hire one. I attached a picture of what for almost a year I was led to believe was my Bronco , I'm sure it will be for sale soon with a bunch of ADM attached 😢

I never even had a Twitter but I created one to try and get in touch with Mike Levine. After I had to Google how to send a tweet or a DM , I practically begged him over and over to look at my case. Let me send him all the documents I have and he won't respond to me. I reached out to Ford Motor Company and I got some nice social media person to respond and they opened a case # but I just get a run around there too. It's sooo frustrated being someone that spent my whole life dropping whatever I was doing to help anyone that needed it . Now being the one that needs help...finding none.

So ... theirs my story , did I get what I deserve ? I guess that for the people reading it to decide. If anyone in this forum can help me please reach out. At this time I don't have any real hope of getting the truck I ordered because my dealer was dishonest with me and with Ford Motor Company. I havnt yet tried to find a dealer to place another yet and really not sure I have it in me to go through this again. The last few days have been very difficult and stressful , thank you for taking the time to read my story. I truly enjoy being a part of this forum and this community ❤

Ford Bronco ***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out. 20220118_135034

20220122_132339.jpg

20220122_134714.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read your whole story. And as a suicide survivor, I'm sorry about your Dad. My son would be 30 tomorrow.

As to the rest...I have no insight other than trying to get Ford to help. (And good luck with that, tho' at times they do seem to come thru.)

Others will have input. But it's gonna take someone above the dealer to give the dealer the green light.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This story is almost unbelievable....you need a ”killdozer.”

Seriously tho, I would get an attorney, a really good one. I would suit for damages and cause a huge scene. Everyone in town would know if I lived there.

Try contacting the ford people on this forum too, although they are not much help, r he fact that you put 500 down make this borderline felony theft.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry that what should be a happy moment for you is being soured like this.

What resolution are you looking for? Do you just want the $500 back or are you still holding hope that they will sell the car to you?

Sponsored
OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They would have had to haul me away in the sqaud car after I pummeled those bastards! And it would have been worth every minute of it.
Another crazy part is the dealership helped me order after market accessories that I paid for up front that are sitting in their parts department waiting to be installed on a truck they won't sell me. Not to mention the thousands of dollars of accessories in my garage that I bought for my son's and I to work on together . They were in tears 😢

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry that what should be a happy moment for you is being soured like this.

What resolution are you looking for? Do you just want the $500 back or are you still holding hope that they will sell the car to you?
I'd like the truck ...but I don't see how that happens without lawyers and probably spending more than it would be worth. I just don't have the means to fight the fight that should happen . What they did was wrong to my family and to Ford Motor Company and they will continue to prey on both until someone stops them.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Contact your state attorney general. Was the $500 to buy the reservation or a down payment?

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sadly, this is the behavior I expect from dealerships... being treated honestly/fairly is the exception, not the norm. Dealerships will screw you over any way they can.

(And that's not just a Ford thing - I've had miserable dealership experiences at Toyota, Honda and Jeep as well...)

I wouldn't hold my breath thinking Ford corporate or Levine will do anything for you. They don't have the time to care about individual consumers.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are full of it. Dealers are selling to non-reservers every day. The name match policy that this stems from has been reduced to 60% if I recall.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm confused about this part:

"On January 18th the tracker showed my Bronco had been delivered. My wife and I drove to the dealer to complete our purchase. We had been in communication with our salesman who gave us final pricing and all the documents our finance company requested. We had financing in place just needed a few more documents from the dealership. The Sales Manager told our salesman to pull the truck around . I went outside with him , he showed me it , it was the exact truck I built almost a year prior . We went back inside and you could feel that the entire tone of the room changed. The Sales Manager was sitting at the table and a very rude and unprofessional man who I identified himself as the General Manager was there now too. He explained to me that Ford changed the rules and that if they sell me this truck they will lose 5 allocations for Broncos. I was stunned, I asked him I have to be punished for their sins. They pushed this situation on me , I never went looking for it . He told me under no circumstances whatever , that nothing I could say or do will make him sell me that truck."

So this wasn't about the dealer trying to shake you down last minute for more money? I wonder why the dealer kept up this charade and even had you show up and look at the vehicle, only to then say they would absolutely not sell it to you. Unclear why the dealer did all that.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Contact your state attorney general. Was the $500 to buy the reservation or a down payment?
Ford only asked for 100, so I'm assuming the extra 400 is extra for the dealer...

Either way in my mind it's the same as writing a bad check, or if you order something online and it never arrives...fraud.
Sponsored