Sponsored

***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another crazy part is the dealership helped me order after market accessories that I paid for up front that are sitting in their parts department waiting to be installed on a truck they won't sell me. Not to mention the thousands of dollars of accessories in my garage that I bought for my son's and I to work on together . They were in tears 😢

You guys suggesting taking this further or higher up need your heads examined.

No vehicle is worth the drama that’s in this thread let alone what the op experienced with this dealership!

#1 - Get your $500 deposit back
#2 - get a full refund on the parts you bought that they have in their possession.

#3 - reorder another Bronco from another dealership if you still want one.

Hiring a lawyer is the stupidest thing you could do. Only someone who’s never hired a lawyer would suggest that.

Get your money back and walk away, consider it a lesson learned!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP:

Where are you located?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just outside Chicago
Ok....I was hoping it was NC....

I'm a lawyer. It's a tough call...bc not many are gonna take your case on pro bono....so, it's hard not to have that as a sunk cost...even if you "won" the case, your lawyer fees might end up being a $20k "ADM".....

I've been saying this on other threads about these surprise ADMs.....often, a paper trail is enough to FORM a contract......especially if you RELIED on the representations of the dealership to your detriment....such as purchasing accessories, forgoing purchasing a different vehicle, losing 500 days where you could've ordered a bronco from another dealer.

Often, the THREAT of a lawsuit is enough to make them back down......maybe you can find a lawyer there that will, for a reasonable flat fee, send a "nastygram" letter and/or file a suit and seek an injunction on the dealer selling the bronco......

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there CliffsNotes available for this thread?
Dealer told OP that he would give one of his salesman's personnel reservation to him. In turn OP gave $500 that day (Feb. 2021), was strung along the entire time that it would be his Bronco (actual reservation holder forwarding the emails with updates, VIN, etc.), bought countless accessories ready to install on the Bronco. Only to have it show up and the GM say he couldn't sell it since it would violate the name-match policy Ford was enforcing.

IMHO, If the dealer had half a brain to keep the sale and not face the hell that they'll get for doing this to OP, they'd just have the salesperson who it was originally assigned to buy it so the name would match and then just sell it to OP the next day

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You guys suggesting taking this further or higher up need your heads examined.

No vehicle is worth the drama that’s in this thread let alone what the op experienced with this dealership!

#1 - Get your $500 deposit back
#2 - get a full refund on the parts you bought that they have in their possession.

#3 - reorder another Bronco from another dealership if you still want one.

Hiring a lawyer is the stupidest thing you could do. Only someone who’s never hired a lawyer would suggest that.

Get your money back and walk away, consider it a lesson learned!
Well the lawyers on here post different options than yours, and say that exactly what he should do IF he has it in writing....but they probably need there head examination too?

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just outside Chicago
not sure if you're aware of my situation, but when I converted my reservation to order online, my dealer messed up and also put the order in himself. Result - I have 2 Broncos, blend dates of Jan 6 and Jan 8, that are being delivered soon to a southern suburb. I would be more than happy to get in touch with my dealer and tell him you're interested in the other one, since they're going to be stuck with it. As long as you can get your deposit back from your scumbag dealer, and don't mind 4 door big bend carbonized gray...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealer told OP that he would give one of his salesman's personnel reservation to him. In turn OP gave $500 that day (Feb. 2021), was strung along the entire time that it would be his Bronco (actual reservation holder forwarding the emails with updates, VIN, etc.), bought countless accessories ready to install on the Bronco. Only to have it show up and the GM say he couldn't sell it since it would violate the name-match policy Ford was enforcing.

IMHO, If the dealer had half a brain to keep the sale and not face the hell that they'll get for doing this to OP, they'd just have the salesperson who it was originally assigned to buy it so the name would match and then just sell it to OP the next day
Ford Bronco ***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out. 1642799582841

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok....I was hoping it was NC....

I'm a lawyer. It's a tough call...bc not many are gonna take your case on pro bono....so, it's hard not to have that as a sunk cost...even if you "won" the case, your lawyer fees might end up being a $20k "ADM".....

I've been saying this on other threads about these surprise ADMs.....often, a paper trail is enough to FORM a contract......especially if you RELIED on the representations of the dealership to your detriment....such as purchasing accessories, forgoing purchasing a different vehicle, losing 500 days where you could've ordered a bronco from another dealer.

Often, the THREAT of a lawsuit is enough to make them back down......maybe you can find a lawyer there that will, for a reasonable flat fee, send a "nastygram" letter and/or file a suit and seek an injunction on the dealer selling the bronco......
A good atty could show the court that his time and effort and ”damages” for this rare, special order, vehicle has the same value as the dealer markups some are charging (this dealer likely falls into that category)...

So this means he could stand to gain as much as $30,000 for his waisted time and effort....plenty of money their to share with an attorney (or offer them 100% just to make a point at the stealership)

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well the lawyers on here post different options than yours, and say that exactly what he should do IF he has it in writing....but they probably need there head examination too?
Only an idiot would hire a lawyer over this and of course a lawyer is going to recommend hiring a lawyer.

The lawyer above is correct that the op would end up paying $20k in legal fees, and that would be a low number.

Lawyers job is to make money, it's a business and there are no feelings involved. You call, they bill you by the minute.

Remain calm,
#1 - get the $500 deposit back
#2 - get the refund on the parts bought that they have in their possession
#3 - walk away

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A good atty could show the court that his time and effort and ”damages” for this rare, special order, vehicle has the same value as the dealer markups some are charging (this dealer likely falls into that category)...

So this means he could stand to gain as much as $30,000 for his waisted time and effort....plenty of money their to share with an attorney (or offer them 100% just to make a point at the stealership)
Yea, thats' possible.....I have no idea what Illinois contract law/damages say on stuff like this. The general American law rule (with as many exceptions as there are Bronco accessories and mods) is that each litigant bears their own attorneys' fees.....but, I think it's worth a shot for the OP.

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are there CliffsNotes available for this thread?
Went to the dealer to order a bronco
Salesman told them to put the $100 deposit down for the Reservation
Sales Manager said they could jump him up for additional money
Took the offer and ordered on someone else's earlier reservation
Order came in and now the dealer is in trouble for name match issues

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My advice? Get your money back and move on. Forget they exist. You can hire a lawyer for maybe breach of contract, but they already have lawyers as well. How long do you want to be bothered with this? How much stress and anguish is it going to cause you? You've got enough going on, drop it and move on.

You spent a career risking your life for fun and profit, something we share. I've no doubt you saw people dead and people who's material possessions were just ash and memories. The survivors got on with their lives, did they not? You should know that everything you own will eventually be turned to trash by the ravages of time, and that Bronco is no different. It is not special. It is not a portal to happiness. You can get a different one and still build those memories with your kids, still connect with the memory of your father, etc and by dealing with someone who isn't an ash pole.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand from both sides. What I would do is go in with the OG order holder, give them the money and have them buy the bronco. Then in the parking lot transfer the title to you. I have heard of this happening before so it’s possible.

What the dealer is saying is true. If they sell you another reservation holders bronco they will be dinged. They would rather sell that truck for 20k more than it’s value and get the same ding.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only an idiot would hire a lawyer over this and of course a lawyer is going to recommend hiring a lawyer.

The lawyer above is correct that the op would end up paying $20k in legal fees, and that would be a low number.

Lawyers job is to make money, it's a business and there are no feelings involved. You call, they bill you by the minute.

#1 - get your $500 deposit back
#2 - get the refund on the parts you bought that they have in their possession
#3 - walk away
For what it's worth if I was in Chicago, I'd take it pro bono, just bc I know what it's been like to wait since summer of 2020....and I can't stand shady business practices like this.......
Sponsored