Sponsored

***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out.

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it's worth if I was in Chicago, I'd take it pro bono, just bc I know what it's been like to wait since summer of 2020....and I can't stand shady business practices like this.......
I wish you were here , I'd buy your beers for the rest of your days , lol
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can understand from both sides. What I would do is go in with the OG order holder, give them the money and have them buy the bronco. Then in the parking lot transfer the title to you. I have heard of this happening before so it’s possible.

What the dealer is saying is true. If they sell you another reservation holders bronco they will be dinged. They would rather sell that truck for 20k more than it’s value and get the same ding.
This is the most practical suggestion I've seen.....If the dealership TRULY can't sell it to someone else then have them do this or tell them you are hiring a lawyer.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the most practical suggestion I've seen.....If the dealership TRULY can't sell it to someone else then have them do this or tell them you are hiring a lawyer.
I mean they could sell it to you but they have the right not too. Reason being they will lose future sales.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
For what it's worth if I was in Chicago, I'd take it pro bono, just bc I know what it's been like to wait since summer of 2020....and I can't stand shady business practices like this.......
Thank you for that.

What do you think about directing the OP to a dealer near you that would make buying a Bronco a pleasant experience?

Chicago - N Carolina, could be a nice drive!

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My take since its not a name match reservation is that they got a better offer from another buyer. One way or another they're going to sell the Bronco, it doesn't go back on the truck so my guess is you got outbid. If you really want it no matter what then ask up front how much to buy it today and then be prepared (shocked) to buy or walk.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t get it, the buyer’s name isn’t gonna match the name on the reservation no matter who they sell it to. What difference does it make if it’s your name or some other random buyer? The dealer can sell it at any price they want, they just don’t want to sell it to anyone for msrp.

I guess first, I would ask the lady who holds the reservation if there was any way she could make the purchase, and sell it to you for a small profit to make it worth her trouble. Second, I would ask the dealer what they are going to list it for on the lot, maybe it won’t have as big of a markup as some we’ve been hearing about. If it’s worth hiring a lawyer, it’s certainly worth paying a couple grand extra to NOT have to hire a lawyer. Third, the obvious next step if you still can’t come to an agreement, I would follow that manager guy home one night and murder him while he sleeps, then decapitate his corpse and leave his severed head on the hood of your bronco sitting out on the lot.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for that.

What do you think about directing the OP to a dealer near you that would make buying a Bronco a pleasant experience?

Chicago - N Carolina, could be a nice drive!

It would be ha. The dealers in the Charlotte area seem to all be above board. No ADMs or hidden fees.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys suggesting taking this further or higher up need your heads examined.

No vehicle is worth the drama that’s in this thread let alone what the op experienced with this dealership!

#1 - Get your $500 deposit back
#2 - get a full refund on the parts you bought that they have in their possession.

#3 - reorder another Bronco from another dealership if you still want one.

Hiring a lawyer is the stupidest thing you could do. Only someone who’s never hired a lawyer would suggest that.

Get your money back and walk away, consider it a lesson learned!
Maybe. But only Maybe. It will be a long, expensive, anxious trip to get he dealer to eventually pay but OP could easily "win" and come out ahead minus brain damage. You have to remember the Dealers attorney will have to advise as a matter of good practice to immediately sell the Bronco at MSRP to make it go away and that if it goes to trial they might lose and have to pay two attorney fees plus have a Bronco stored for a year or more to a likely time when it is only worth MSRP anyway.

Cliff note: this dealer sucks

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My take since its not a name match reservation is that they got a better offer from another buyer. One way or another they're going to sell the Bronco, it doesn't go back on the truck so my guess is you got outbid. If you really want it no matter what then ask up front how much to buy it today and then be prepared (shocked) to buy or walk.
I bet you are correct. I was asking earlier in the thread, why the dealer did not do the usual, and try to hit the OP with an ADM. Instead the dealer just said no way I am selling it to the OP. In that case, probably the dealer has some white whale on the hook ready to drop top dollar, with no need to even mess with trying to get ADM from the OP.

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a retired attorney, if you were my client, I would offer the following advice to you pro bono:

Contact the Better Business Bureau and see if this dealer has a history of ripping off consumers and then they may investigate the situation.

And if this dealer is possibly in violation of any of the provisions of the State Crime Code, such as fraud and deceit, or possibly has a record of complaints for consumer rights violations, then the State Attorney General may be willing to contact the dealer to investigate and even take legal action in the matter.

If all else fails, contact a local TV station that does no advertising for this dealership and has an Investigative Reporter, see how quickly you get results when the Investigative Reporter shows up at the dealership with his camera person.

Otherwise, just try to forget about it and move on - there are better Ford dealerships for you to do business with.

Last edited:

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sucky story. Being that your name is not on the original reservation Id say there isn't much basics for lawyers other than to get your money back but that would be spent on fee's.

I too agree that a deal with the actual reservation holder to buy it and then buy it from them. Unlikely but I'd say that is the best bet other than making a new order with a better dealership.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just outside Chicago
I realize at this time for various reasons, you might not want to share the dealership name. But dang, I live just outside of Chicago, was planning to hit up some dealerships in the coming weeks, and hopefully do not visit that dealership. :eek:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just outside Chicago
Homer Glen. I kinda know where that is...somewhere south....a lot of these bigger dealers around here, I tell ya. Which is why I went out to DeKalb to a small dealer....

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I realize at this time for various reasons, you might not want to share the dealership name. But dang, I live just outside of Chicago, was planning to hit up some dealerships in the coming weeks, and hopefully do not visit that dealership. :eek:
I'll private message you
Sponsored