Sponsored

***(RESOLUTION)*** If anyone can help me ....please reach out.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I realize at this time for various reasons, you might not want to share the dealership name. But dang, I live just outside of Chicago, was planning to hit up some dealerships in the coming weeks, and hopefully do not visit that dealership. :eek:
Go to the smaller ones. Out west, I can tell you that Hopkins in Elgin are great people. I went to Manning out in DeKalb. I have one literally 1/2 mi from my house that wouldn't communicate. Little did I know that it was a precursor for what I got from Ford. But it's nice to have a dealer who can hold your hand and that you can trust.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm really struggling with a situation here and I've been hesitant to share my story because many people might say I'm getting what I deserve or that I'm a fucking idiot ...and looking back, maybe I am on both counts. I decided to share along with some background so if you are able to take the time to read read through this and if anyone had any advice or can offer me any help I would truly appreciate it.

My name is Mike , I'm a 49 year old retired Firefighter/ Paramedic. I served the community for 20 years before having to retire because of a severe lung disease. I was not an early reservation holder , I was not in the market for a new car when the original reservations came out . To be honest I'm not much of an internet/technology person at all which is probably why I'm in this mess. I had tragically lost my Dad a few years ago, who was a retired police officer, to suicide. When I was a kid , my Dad had a Bronco so when I finally heard about the Bronco coming back I thought it would be a cool way to honor him and be able to build it out with my sons and someday give it to them.

I do have everyone involved in this situations , names , titles, and well over 50 pages of documentation to prove every word of what your about to read as fact . I am not tech savvy but I'm always prepared.

If you're still with me , I hope you enjoy this roller coaster more than my family is.

So here is where my awful Bronco story begins. On February 26, 2021 I made the decision to look into ordering one of the new Broncos. Going back to me being an old school face to face kinda guy I decided to just go to my local dealership to help me understand the process . I was met by a nice young salesman in the parking lot when I pulled in . I asked him to explain the ordering process to my wife and I and we sat at his desk , he explained how it worked and we started building our Bronco on his computer. He explained at that time ,long before any of the top delays and other delays, that if we placed our reservation and order today that we might see the truck towards rhe end of summer beginning of fall. I had never in my life special ordered a vehicle and I understood we were late to the party so we agreed and continued to proceed with the paperwork. As we completed our build sheet and we were finishing up some paperwork a man who identified himself as the Sales Manager came up to our desk and introduced himself. He again explained me that we were late to this process and it would be awhile before we would take delivery. We weren't in a huge hurry and we understood we came into the process late. This is the moment that ruined everything for us and one of the biggest regrets I've ever had. He told us that he was going to do us a favor . He told us that because the Bronco was going to be such a wanted vehicle that they had their office staff place orders early on in the process for vehicles that they would in turn sell on their lot. He told me if I gave him $500 right then and there that he would take one of those reservations they had and convert it into my order. Looking back, knowing how wrong what they were doing was , I would have never done that , that's not who I am. I didn't know any better. We didn't go there looking for any favors , we just went to order a Bronco. He told me it might speed up the process for us and he made it seem like it was totally fine and reasonable to do. So we gave them $500. Took home the paperwork we did with them and began the wait.

I think I found this forum in that April after we placed the order and it just got me more excited and I tried to be a good member of this new community I was going to be a part of. I learned alot from so many amazing people on here and it was nice to have this resource available. As the delays mounted I was continually in contact with my dealer through text messages with my Salesman . Around May he advised that he had found another job and suggested I stop at the dealer and get someone new assigned for my purchase. I did that , the same Sales Manager that put me in this situation assigned me a new salesman and this young man was great . We communicated often regarding various things like extended warranty, financing , ADM , delays , etc. I can't remember what month Ford came down and changed the allocations and things were coming up on the forum regarding a percentage of the purchaes needing to be in the name of the reservation holder. This was when I was starting to be aware that what happened in my case was probably not good. I reached out to my dealer to get everything switched over to my name and they told me no . They said don't worry. Everything is fine , just keep it as is.

I was also I'm communication through email with the woman who's reservation they "gave" me for my order. She would forward me all the communication from Ford regarding the different events, etc. Then on September 30th she emailed me a big Congratulations email , all in Caps with a celebration emoji, that I got picked for production and gave me my Vin# . Obviously there was a ton of further delays . On December 29th at 0642 she emailed me that my Bronco had been built . I was super excited for myself and my family and like many of you became addicted to the trackers , every day , multiple times , lol.

On January 18th the tracker showed my Bronco had been delivered. My wife and I drove to the dealer to complete our purchase. We had been in communication with our salesman who gave us final pricing and all the documents our finance company requested. We had financing in place just needed a few more documents from the dealership. The Sales Manager told our salesman to pull the truck around . I went outside with him , he showed me it , it was the exact truck I built almost a year prior . We went back inside and you could feel that the entire tone of the room changed. The Sales Manager was sitting at the table and a very rude and unprofessional man who I identified himself as the General Manager was there now too. He explained to me that Ford changed the rules and that if they sell me this truck they will lose 5 allocations for Broncos. I was stunned, I asked him I have to be punished for their sins. They pushed this situation on me , I never went looking for it . He told me under no circumstances whatever , that nothing I could say or do will make him sell me that truck. Its the exact truck I had special ordered. My exact specifications, the truck who's Vin# they sent me was sitting in their parking lot and they were refusing to sell it to me. I did everything I could to stay calm and believe me it was difficult. I then asked if that wasn't my truck , where is the truck I ordered on February 26th , 2021 that I gave them $500 to order for me . He stomped his feet , walked away , and said they aren't selling me this truck and that I should leave.

So everyone I've shares this with is appalled and mortified but no one can help me. We know they are wrong and we all know why they are pushing me off the order . We know that vehicle will be listed soon with substantial ADM , which they knew they couldn't get from me because I have a paper trail that definitely proves breach of contract and potentially proves fraud. The problem being is I don't have a lawyer to fight this and truth be told I can't afford to hire one. I attached a picture of what for almost a year I was led to believe was my Bronco , I'm sure it will be for sale soon with a bunch of ADM attached šŸ˜¢

I never even had a Twitter but I created one to try and get in touch with Mike Levine. After I had to Google how to send a tweet or a DM , I practically begged him over and over to look at my case. Let me send him all the documents I have and he won't respond to me. I reached out to Ford Motor Company and I got some nice social media person to respond and they opened a case # but I just get a run around there too. It's sooo frustrated being someone that spent my whole life dropping whatever I was doing to help anyone that needed it . Now being the one that needs help...finding none.

So ... theirs my story , did I get what I deserve ? I guess that for the people reading it to decide. If anyone in this forum can help me please reach out. At this time I don't have any real hope of getting the truck I ordered because my dealer was dishonest with me and with Ford Motor Company. I havnt yet tried to find a dealer to place another yet and really not sure I have it in me to go through this again. The last few days have been very difficult and stressful , thank you for taking the time to read my story. I truly enjoy being a part of this forum and this community ā¤

20220118_135034.jpg
Ok here is the deal. The person whose name is on the order can demand the sale to them.
Or if you have a agreement with that person to buy it from them, then have them buy it and sell it to you.
Or if you can prove that the woman and the dealer set this up in advance then take all that info a GOOD Contract attorney and ask for a review and referral to the local AG or District attorney.
This is not legal advice just what I would do.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go to the smaller ones. Out west, I can tell you that Hopkins in Elgin are great people. I went to Manning out in DeKalb. I have one literally 1/2 mi from my house that wouldn't communicate. Little did I know that it was a precursor for what I got from Ford. But it's nice to have a dealer who can hold your hand and that you can trust.
GO TO EAGLE RIVER FORD IN EAGLE RIVER WIS. ASK FOR DAVE.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t get it, the buyerā€™s name isnā€™t gonna match the name on the reservation no matter who they sell it to. What difference does it make if itā€™s your name or some other random buyer? The dealer can sell it at any price they want, they just donā€™t want to sell it to anyone for msrp.

I guess first, I would ask the lady who holds the reservation if there was any way she could make the purchase, and sell it to you for a small profit to make it worth her trouble. Second, I would ask the dealer what they are going to list it for on the lot, maybe it wonā€™t have as big of a markup as some weā€™ve been hearing about. If itā€™s worth hiring a lawyer, itā€™s certainly worth paying a couple grand extra to NOT have to hire a lawyer. Third, the obvious next step if you still canā€™t come to an agreement, I would follow that manager guy home one night and murder him while he sleeps, then decapitate his corpse and leave his severed head on the hood of your bronco sitting out on the lot.
But why didnt they offer it to OP with ADM?

I tend to think they want it for one of their buddies.

No matter what, this Bronco Launch is one of the worst new vehicle disasters Iā€™ve seen.

The dealers are disgusting and Ford just lets it happen.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

since the original reservation was supposedly done by an employee the dealer might just have her "buy" it and then "sell" it or "trade it in" at his dealership to keep the name match going, then turn around and sell it as "used" for what ever. Shitty dealer, if this does not get resolved you should let us know the which dealer this is, so they can be added to the 'avoid' list, but good you kept that under wraps for now.

IMO not worth the time and money to run around with lawyers, dealer most likely has better ones on retainer than any us normal people can afford and since it's written in the reservation small print that it does not guarantee you a Bronco ever and at all, not much a lawyer could do. The dealer buys the truck from Ford, they can set it on fire if they want. Not your truck until the paper is signed, unfortunately.

Were you able to speak to the owner of the dealership? Or if it's a chain, to someone higher up? I'm not sure where that "loosing 5 allocations" comes from, first time I read that, seems made up. Do they advertise other Broncos with big ADM online?

What a shitty deal, sorry this happened, but for now remain calm (and don't go on a 'though guy' rampage like some apparently would - over a car - LOL) and see if it can get resolved. If not just order from an other dealer, some trim levels get built pretty fast and not all dealers charge ADM (mine doesn't, but CA is a bit far for you). I bet you'll get your Bronco, be it that one or from an other dealer.

As for parts you already bought and paid for, they better hand those over or refund you.

Once it's all done, release the B6G hounds to post reviews and what not and post your own on google/yelp/etc to warn people in your area. But wait for the final "NO" from them.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm really struggling with a situation here and I've been hesitant to share my story because many people might say I'm getting what I deserve or that I'm a fucking idiot ...and looking back, maybe I am on both counts. I decided to share along with some background so if you are able to take the time to read read through this and if anyone had any advice or can offer me any help I would truly appreciate it.

My name is Mike , I'm a 49 year old retired Firefighter/ Paramedic. I served the community for 20 years before having to retire because of a severe lung disease. I was not an early reservation holder , I was not in the market for a new car when the original reservations came out . To be honest I'm not much of an internet/technology person at all which is probably why I'm in this mess. I had tragically lost my Dad a few years ago, who was a retired police officer, to suicide. When I was a kid , my Dad had a Bronco so when I finally heard about the Bronco coming back I thought it would be a cool way to honor him and be able to build it out with my sons and someday give it to them.

I do have everyone involved in this situations , names , titles, and well over 50 pages of documentation to prove every word of what your about to read as fact . I am not tech savvy but I'm always prepared.

If you're still with me , I hope you enjoy this roller coaster more than my family is.

So here is where my awful Bronco story begins. On February 26, 2021 I made the decision to look into ordering one of the new Broncos. Going back to me being an old school face to face kinda guy I decided to just go to my local dealership to help me understand the process . I was met by a nice young salesman in the parking lot when I pulled in . I asked him to explain the ordering process to my wife and I and we sat at his desk , he explained how it worked and we started building our Bronco on his computer. He explained at that time ,long before any of the top delays and other delays, that if we placed our reservation and order today that we might see the truck towards rhe end of summer beginning of fall. I had never in my life special ordered a vehicle and I understood we were late to the party so we agreed and continued to proceed with the paperwork. As we completed our build sheet and we were finishing up some paperwork a man who identified himself as the Sales Manager came up to our desk and introduced himself. He again explained me that we were late to this process and it would be awhile before we would take delivery. We weren't in a huge hurry and we understood we came into the process late. This is the moment that ruined everything for us and one of the biggest regrets I've ever had. He told us that he was going to do us a favor . He told us that because the Bronco was going to be such a wanted vehicle that they had their office staff place orders early on in the process for vehicles that they would in turn sell on their lot. He told me if I gave him $500 right then and there that he would take one of those reservations they had and convert it into my order. Looking back, knowing how wrong what they were doing was , I would have never done that , that's not who I am. I didn't know any better. We didn't go there looking for any favors , we just went to order a Bronco. He told me it might speed up the process for us and he made it seem like it was totally fine and reasonable to do. So we gave them $500. Took home the paperwork we did with them and began the wait.

I think I found this forum in that April after we placed the order and it just got me more excited and I tried to be a good member of this new community I was going to be a part of. I learned alot from so many amazing people on here and it was nice to have this resource available. As the delays mounted I was continually in contact with my dealer through text messages with my Salesman . Around May he advised that he had found another job and suggested I stop at the dealer and get someone new assigned for my purchase. I did that , the same Sales Manager that put me in this situation assigned me a new salesman and this young man was great . We communicated often regarding various things like extended warranty, financing , ADM , delays , etc. I can't remember what month Ford came down and changed the allocations and things were coming up on the forum regarding a percentage of the purchaes needing to be in the name of the reservation holder. This was when I was starting to be aware that what happened in my case was probably not good. I reached out to my dealer to get everything switched over to my name and they told me no . They said don't worry. Everything is fine , just keep it as is.

I was also I'm communication through email with the woman who's reservation they "gave" me for my order. She would forward me all the communication from Ford regarding the different events, etc. Then on September 30th she emailed me a big Congratulations email , all in Caps with a celebration emoji, that I got picked for production and gave me my Vin# . Obviously there was a ton of further delays . On December 29th at 0642 she emailed me that my Bronco had been built . I was super excited for myself and my family and like many of you became addicted to the trackers , every day , multiple times , lol.

On January 18th the tracker showed my Bronco had been delivered. My wife and I drove to the dealer to complete our purchase. We had been in communication with our salesman who gave us final pricing and all the documents our finance company requested. We had financing in place just needed a few more documents from the dealership. The Sales Manager told our salesman to pull the truck around . I went outside with him , he showed me it , it was the exact truck I built almost a year prior . We went back inside and you could feel that the entire tone of the room changed. The Sales Manager was sitting at the table and a very rude and unprofessional man who I identified himself as the General Manager was there now too. He explained to me that Ford changed the rules and that if they sell me this truck they will lose 5 allocations for Broncos. I was stunned, I asked him I have to be punished for their sins. They pushed this situation on me , I never went looking for it . He told me under no circumstances whatever , that nothing I could say or do will make him sell me that truck. Its the exact truck I had special ordered. My exact specifications, the truck who's Vin# they sent me was sitting in their parking lot and they were refusing to sell it to me. I did everything I could to stay calm and believe me it was difficult. I then asked if that wasn't my truck , where is the truck I ordered on February 26th , 2021 that I gave them $500 to order for me . He stomped his feet , walked away , and said they aren't selling me this truck and that I should leave.

So everyone I've shares this with is appalled and mortified but no one can help me. We know they are wrong and we all know why they are pushing me off the order . We know that vehicle will be listed soon with substantial ADM , which they knew they couldn't get from me because I have a paper trail that definitely proves breach of contract and potentially proves fraud. The problem being is I don't have a lawyer to fight this and truth be told I can't afford to hire one. I attached a picture of what for almost a year I was led to believe was my Bronco , I'm sure it will be for sale soon with a bunch of ADM attached šŸ˜¢

I never even had a Twitter but I created one to try and get in touch with Mike Levine. After I had to Google how to send a tweet or a DM , I practically begged him over and over to look at my case. Let me send him all the documents I have and he won't respond to me. I reached out to Ford Motor Company and I got some nice social media person to respond and they opened a case # but I just get a run around there too. It's sooo frustrated being someone that spent my whole life dropping whatever I was doing to help anyone that needed it . Now being the one that needs help...finding none.

So ... theirs my story , did I get what I deserve ? I guess that for the people reading it to decide. If anyone in this forum can help me please reach out. At this time I don't have any real hope of getting the truck I ordered because my dealer was dishonest with me and with Ford Motor Company. I havnt yet tried to find a dealer to place another yet and really not sure I have it in me to go through this again. The last few days have been very difficult and stressful , thank you for taking the time to read my story. I truly enjoy being a part of this forum and this community ā¤

20220118_135034.jpg
You mentioned that you "took home the paperwork". What was in the paperwork? Any signed Purchase Agreement by any chance?

IDFM

Big Bend
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FORD has the worst dealer network- sorry for your situation

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wowā€¦ couple thoughts ā€¦. This dealership needs to go on the B6G blacklist from the sounds of it.

I donā€™t get why they went through what sounds like the delivery process only to have the rug pulled out when he went back into the showroom to close the deal. Just spitballing hereā€¦could it be that the GM signs off on all final deals and literally at the last minute when this was brought to him, he saw a risk and put his foot down. Wonder if someone at the dealership was fired over thisā€¦probably not. Even if that was the case, he should have had the balls to do the right thing and honor the deal. My 2centsā€¦a) working with the original res holder may be a long shot but worth a try, b) if not, get your money back and move on, c) bloody their nose in the process in the court of local public opinion.

btw, I was just reading today about GM taking action against dealers for shady practices on the new Vettes, and even Ford the same on F150 Lightnings. Why Ford allows this shit to happen on the Bronco is beyond comprehension. Good luck brother, this will pass and we look forward to pics of the awesome you and your sons will create soon.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GO TO EAGLE RIVER FORD IN EAGLE RIVER WIS. ASK FOR DAVE.
And I almost mentioned the dealer in Reedsburg! Eagle River is another 2-3 hours north! Lol

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What also kind of sucks is that there wouldnā€™t even need to be posts like this if people could order a bronco and have it in 3 months.

Or go to a lot and find one for under MSRPā€¦

You know, like the good old days.

Tables will be turned on the dealers before they know it.

OP
OP

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What also kind of sucks is that there wouldnā€™t even need to be posts like this if people could order a bronco and have it in 3 months.

Or go to a lot and find one for under MSRPā€¦

You know, like the good old days.

Tables will be turned on the dealers before they know it.
I guess the thing that bothers me most....and their are MANY , is that at any point over that year they coups have placed another order in my name . Explained the situation and it would have been fine. If you could all see the text messages and communication with the dealer that strung me along for an entire year lime everything was totally fine and then pulling this on me as I'm there to pick it up. I truly truly appreciate all the advice and help and I have already followed through with the BBB and the Illinois Attorney General ...buy sadly unless someone at @Ford Motor Company comes down on them and forces their hand . Nothing is going to change.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Itā€™s already been said a few times- They are canceling the order in the womanā€™s name to make a huge mark up on it or have it already sold to a higher bidder. Not sure there is any chance you can get this one. I read the entire thread but may have missed it. Did you email all this to the owner including all his employees names involved in this scam?

Walk in orders are getting pulled left and right at some places way before us in line. Iā€™d get the ball rolling on finding an honest dealer near you and at least get another order put in.

For closure, see if you can get the nice lady whose name the order was in to disclose to you what exactly happened. She may be under strict orders to not communicate with you anymore though.

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it sounds like some shady stuff going on. But. The big problem appears to be that you were never the reservation holder. If the original order holder is still getting the emails, you were never actually transferred to be the reservation holder.
From what I understand, name match to res only has to be 60%. Maybe they were already right on that line, making the sales manager have his freak out when your situation would put them on the wrong side.
Sounds like a sucky situation. A ā€œhandshake dealā€ back then is probably voided by the ADM profit they stand to make. Sounds like dealer definitely has some blame, and in hindsight you should have also gotten the reservation transferred to you in writing. Good luck man, hope you get something out of it.
Sponsored