Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership agreed to MSPR and no ADM. The paperwork I signed reflected that. The idea that a dealership can reneg and charge an additional $10,000 on the day I arrive to pick up the vehicle is complete and utter hogwash and is clearly a bait & switch tactic. We had a meeting of the minds - a verbal agreement and written agreement memorializing MSRP deal with a $1000 deposit. Dealerships cannot be allowed to play games like this or we will all continue to suffer under their shady business practices. This will depend on the state you're in but in MD the UCC is pretty clear here that they have repudiated our contract. I'm not willing to roll over which it appears a lot of folks have unfortunately done which is understandable given the circumstances.
The only thing I’ve seen that you have signed clearly states that it’s not an invoice, meaning it’s not guaranteeing pricing. A verbal agreement probably won’t hold up here unfortunately.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying discourage you from making a run at it. Fuck ADM and fuck any dealer who tries to charge it. Keep climbing the ladder and hopefully someone there will eventually side with you.

I’m from MD, I buy a decent amount of Fords and I have no loyalty to any particular dealership. I go where I can get the best deal. Thank you for crossing Lindsay off of my list for future purchases. I’m bummed for you that you’re going through this.
Sponsored

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone started a "Do Not Buy Your Bronco Here" list?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that it technically might not be a binding contract but the fact that the dealer printed out and had you date and sign something with MSRP pricing indicates an agreed upon price and they should honor that. it’s called good business. I think a lot of these dealers had no intention of keeping to their agreed upon price otherwise they would have brought out real binding sales contracts to be signed by both parties. While not illegal, it’s these deceptive practices that give the Auto industry a bad name and consumers have no choice but to deal with it. I can’t wait until you can just buy a new car on Amazon and dealers compete for your business. When I was buying my last STi, I must have contacted 20 dealers, walked in, called, etc and most wouldnt even tell me the price unless I came in and then all were MSRP up to $4000 over MSRP. Walked out of every dealer and found dealer online that was willing to put it in writing $500 below invoice. So much time and effort to buy a $40k car. It was easier to buy my house!!

Dealers are just shady for the most part…can you imagine agreeing to buy a car private party and when you show up to get it, the guy tells you the price went up $10k?

Sponsored

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Naw y'all don't let the dealers get away with this. My dealer charges msrp on all "ordered" broncos. They mark up ones they got for the dealership. Dealers should have integrity not marking people up who placed their reservations a year and a half ago...just not right

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealership agreed to MSPR and no ADM.
I'm not sure this is provable if you only have verbal agreement, especially if the management team is going to side with their rep vs their customer, which to begin with is BS. Unfortunately, ADM isn't going away as long as the market supports it. It sucks for sure and I'm sorry this is happening. I would like to believe that a signed order summary would be an iron clad pricing agreement, but there's too many outs for the dealer as it stands.

It's a very cynical way to live, but 25 years in technical sales (not auto) has taught me that "everyone lies all the time, especially when it comes to money."

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What happens if you don't like the Bronco and do not want to buy it? Did you obligate yourself to buy your ordered Bronco if the Dealership met all of the agreed-to conditions? Just curious.
I agree, that process would likely go both ways. They are on the hook for the price you are on the hook for owning it.

What would happen if your Bronco showed up like this.

Ford Bronco RESOLVED! Dealer screwed me - 10k over msrp - Lindsay Ford - Wheaton, MD 1638720112176

Could the dealer hand you the fob and say here's your new Bronco contact your insurance and take it up with the carrier! You own it.

Quite honestly I think the best way to deal with this is to just walk and be vocal about their shennanigans. In a year dealers will be swimming in Broncos. I wouldn't pay a dime over MSRP and I am fully prepared to take my deposit and walk. During regular times we'd be paying less than MSRP. I know people think...oh they'll sell this one quick. So what, I still think that they may get 1 or 2 idiots to pay ridiculous ADMs but that market can't be huge.

The problem with your trade is they took possession of your old vehicle and they can't be trusted to pay the amount they promised for trade as a cash payment to you. Unless they already paid you.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I feel for ya! Luckily, the owner of my home community Ford dealership (I love in Chicago) is the mayor and my stepdad is one of the commissioners of the small town. I wasn't asking for handouts or anything (stepdad and I aren't THAT close lol) but there was no way they were going to try and screw me on some BS ADM attempt. I feel pretty lucky but at this same time, this gets me heated hearing about it...

Good Luck Brotha

TLDR: At this point, only sure bet is DORA or having political affiliations lol

Sponsored

Aerie79

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey- new to this forum, not new to Broncos and like most I made a reservation months ago, converted it to a 2021 OBX and then had to convert to a 2022 in Oct '21. I was a guest at an Off-Roadeo sponsored by my ordering dealership. They are a long established dealership-- one of the oldest in the nation,

I have bought, sold, ordered, traded and driven nearly 30 cars (including a '77 Bronco and a "82 Bronco) in my 65 years....and here are my thoughts and they are not clouded by any legalese or emotion -- remember, before you go throwing rocks, these are my OPINIONS based upon many years experience as a consumer in this area.

First, when you "order" a vehicle, you negotiate a price, fill out some sort of documentation, put your mark on it, and, in most cases put some sort of "consideration" (money) down to BIND what is a contract between you, FORD, and the dealership. I believe (based upon many conversations with many dealership personnel) that this is a "CONTRACT" plain and simple, and NOT simply an offer to purchase. More importantly, I believe it is between YOU and FMC because the dealer will NOT be purchasing this vehicle and then re-selling it to you like the cars on his lot. In other words, the dealer (in spite of what they tell you) has NO skin in this game other than the fact that he will chalk it up as a sale on his tally with Ford.

So, my input is simple, ANY customer who makes ANY type of exchange of this type and walks away from the transaction with the dealership has made a CONTRACT with the dealer plain and simple to facilitate this purchase you are making from FMC. ANY added DMA after that transaction is simply a BREECH of the Contract....

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date but they are not honoring it. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

I too am a lawyer (in Charlotte NC.) I have the same thing: A signed cost sheet showing MSRP AND some emails back and forth from dealership saying that’s the all-in price.

My build date is Jan 3rd.

I swear if they try this shit I’ll sue for specific performance. Between the signed cost sheet and the emails that formed a contract. But I’ve seen too many of these stories popping up.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, you signing a sheet with MSRP on it doesn’t really mean anything. MSRP is just a suggested price, it really means nothing. Unless you have something from the dealer with an agreed price I don’t see how a court would be on your side.
Theres communications from Ford all over the place that orders have to be placed by a certain date in order to lock your price. The price is either locked or it isn’t.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same thing, look closely in the bottom right corner and it says this is not an invoice. I can't understand how dealerships justify adding on ADM when all they did was basically broker the deal that you already chose. It's total garbage, but I doubt you have an actual contract. Did you put money down or are you talking about the original $100 reservation fee?
It doesn’t need to be signed by both parties to be an agreement
Sponsored