pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whats the point of this community if not to stand united against things like this. After reaching out to the GM, if things aren't resolved immediately, I suggest sounding the horn to this group to have your back.
Social media and reviews are a great tool (good or bad), it can generate future customers or steer them away. Local news stations often do pieces where someone just screwed over. I would remind the dealership of this and it will end up costing them way more than $5000.

Keep in mind, there are a LOT of people in this community that are awaiting Broncos and could be in the same situation. If you dont have his back now, you shouldn't expect others to have yours in the future.

I am patiently waiting for the green light to post my honest review of this dealership as much and often as I can.
Today you, Tomorrow me.
Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Smeagolsaur,
Just writing to encourage you to go after this via the legal channels and tools you have available.
So many people have so many similar instances in their lives where companies are not clear what the final deal will be when the customer commits (or they otherwise change the deal) .

There _should_ be more and better protections in place. But,, seems we are left with (a) market pressures and (b) the few legal tools you might have available. Beat the %#$@ out of them with that club!

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Perhaps someone should create and maintain a spreadsheet of dealers that have charged an ADM on previously ordered Broncos.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another dealer horror story to add to the many others. I wonder how those people sleep at night. Good luck sir, give 'em hell. Just getting the law suit filed may scare them into submission. I'm fairly sure they don't want the expense of defending this deplorable action. That could cost them the entire price of your Bronco.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did an authorized rep from the dealership sign this?

You’re the attorney, but it doesn’t look like a contract to me. I was always taught there is more to a contract than what you’ve shown.

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did an authorized rep from the dealership sign this?

You’re the attorney, but it doesn’t look like a contract to me. I was always taught there is more to a contract than what you’ve shown.
Offer (order summary and verbal commitment to MSRP and no adm) + acceptance (signature and $1000 deposit) = valid contract. That's the theory I'm willing to pursue.

Last edited:

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Offer (order summary) + acceptance (signature and $1000 deposit) = valid contract. That's the theory I'm willing to pursue.
Keep going! The more pages the better here. Come on @Ford Motor Company this man would like his Wildtrak that he has waited patiently for.

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep going! The more pages the better here. Come on @Ford Motor Company this man would like his Wildtrak that he has waited patiently for.
Thanks! I started with a wildtrak but ended up ordering a badlands. I went ahead and updated my profile. Long term lurker but first time poster.

Sponsored

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Offer (order summary) + acceptance (signature and $1000 deposit) = valid contract. That's the theory I'm willing to pursue.
First thing, I forgot to say that I think the dealer is absolute scum.

Won't the dealer's response be "The person ordering was agreeing the MSRP was correct for the vehicle specified?"

If you would have written on the order summary something to the effect of "In consideration of a deposit of $1,000, Dealer agrees to sell, and buyer agrees to buy the vehicle referenced in this order for a price of $X, plus applicable taxes and other customary costs and fees", and then had the sales manager and you sign and date it, I'd think your odds of winning something would be much better.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just signing up to see how this goes. Thanks for sharing your story. Wish you the best of luck.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would love to see you sue these scumbags and set a precedent moving forward for other dealers that try this. B6G might have to put you on retainer if you prevail.

I think the biggest problem is that they will likely sell your Bronco before you get a judgement. At that point I'm not sure how they could remedy the situation aside from placing a new order at MSRP which would be delivered years from now. Hopefully you'll be able to get this resolved through other quicker channels. Good luck!
Sponsored