First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These threads always get my scared so I decided to reach out to the sales manager at my dealership and he's since left I think. Now I'm shitting bricks over here....
Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theres communications from Ford all over the place that orders have to be placed by a certain date in order to lock your price. The price is either locked or it isn’t.
Read the communication again, it protects MSRP.

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date but they are not honoring it. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.
Since they only gave you a day and you are an attorney, go down to the local court and file an injunction against the dealership asking the court to prevent them from being able to sell your bronco until the matter is settled. serve the General Manager, (they are usually the ones to accept court docs and subpoenas and such... Buy yourself a little time to walk this up the chain...

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of Philadelphia lawyers on here and much experience with those of us that made purchases already and some that got screwed the same way. Fight it and I wish you the best.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Read the communication again, it protects MSRP.
Could you give a screenshot of the email from Ford or a date reference range. I'm going to look back through my emails now. I do remember hearing something about this too.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless you are referring to something I missed, my understanding is the price protection was for folks bumped to MY22, not locked in prices with dealers, who, depending on how they want to run their business, have some "flexibility" to screw folks at their whim.

1638723361717.png
Ford price. Protection is for the Mfg SUGGESTED retail price

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow 13 pages in and here is an idea just go to the Google review or Yelp and share your terrible experience. I had a Gap protection on one of my Land Rovers I sold a few years ago. The stealership would not respond to my refund request and ignored me for close to 10 months. I finally got creative and told my story on their home page Google review. A day later the GM called me and profusely apologized and I got my check that week.
now be careful for all those others wanting to jump on the band wagon being it will look suspicious. Let @Smeagolsaur do this idea and wait to see if anything comes from it.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey- new to this forum….
Welcome to the forum.
More importantly, I believe it is between YOU and FMC because the dealer will NOT be purchasing this vehicle and then re-selling it to you like the cars on his lot. In other words, the dealer (in spite of what they tell you) has NO skin in this game other than the fact that he will chalk it up as a sale on his tally with Ford.
That is not true. Ford is strictly a wholesaler. Due to state franchise laws, Ford sells all vehicles, including special orders intended for specific retail customers, to franchise dealerships. In all cases, the dealer buys the Bronco from Ford. Ford invoices the dealer, and the dealer pays Ford. The dealership then contracts with you, the retail customer, even on special orders, and then sells the vehicle to you.

Once a vehicle has been scheduled for production and a VIN is issued, the dealer has skin in the game and is very much in control of the transaction, because the vehicle WILL ultimately be sold by Ford to the dealer, but you may not be the final customer.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You also don’t need a signed piece of paper for it to be considered an agreement
Depends on the state and what is being sold.
See post 176 for what appears to be Maryland law.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date but they are not honoring it. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.
I simply can't imagine being so absolutely greedy where you would make a customer wait months for his order and then attempt to extort an additional $10k from them after having an agreement (verbal or written). That's just shitty behavior.

Sponsored

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awful OP, I really hope you follow through on this to fruition. Let us know if there’s anything the rest of us can do.

This has been my worst fear throughout this entire process. My dealer has consistently refused to sign anything I ask them to; DORA, purchase agreement, anything. I’ve signed my own copy of the DORA where no markup is shown, but I have this sneaking suspicion I’m going to get surprised when I go in to pickup my vehicle around Christmas. I’ve got one price offered by them on the back of a business card they already said they no longer offer, and another price advertised via email from January when the ability to switch dealers made them have to compete with others in the area, but only verbal confirmations of no ADM and printed out DORA sheets since.

Even if my dealership honors their MSRP guarantee, @Ford Motor Company needs to realize this has been the worst reservation/order/purchase experience I’ve ever had… I paid markup on my Focus RS years ago due to how limited they are.

EDIT: if we have any California legal experts here, can someone explain how CA Vehicle Code 11713.1 (e) applies here? This clause makes it illegal for dealers to sell vehicles for more than the lowest advertised price — I would assume an email stating a price on my bronco order is an advertisement?
I am in exactly the same situation. My dealer did state in an email that they would be selling at MSRP to reservation holders because it is just good business to do so. However they declined to provide anything like a purchase agreement. I do have a DORA. The dealer stated that there is no legally binding agreement available. That makes me nervous. I am also in CA. Hoping Advantage Ford in Duarte is honest and legit.

Last edited:

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in exactly the same situation. My dealer did state in an email that they would be selling at MSRP to reservation holders because it is just good business to do so. However they declined to provide anything like a purchase agreement or DORA. The dealer stated that there is no legally binding agreement available. That makes me nervous. I am also in CA. Hoping Advantage Ford in Duarte is honest and legit.
Yeah, not sure if my sales managers are correct about this but they’ve told me they can’t offer a purchase agreement until the “vehicle is in their system” — they then turned the screen around to show me the vehicle in one of their systems enough so that they could give me the rail car number 😂

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have to have a very clear document signed unless you want to be in a situation where it's he said she said. I think the days of verbal agreements are a thing of the past.
You don't have to legally ... and I would say there is more evidence of an agreement than evidence of there not being an agreement - the specs and price are stated in writing and consideration in the form of a deposit was given ... I'm not saying it's as good as a clear written contract, but the lack of a clear written contract does not prove lack of agreement.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, not sure if my sales managers are correct about this but they’ve told me they can’t offer a purchase agreement until the “vehicle is in their system” — they then turned the screen around to show me the vehicle in one of their systems enough so that they could give me the rail car number 😂
Hmmm… idk…. The whole dealership sales model is so old and outdated. Nobody likes it or wants it. Anyway, I will not pay one cent over MSRP. First and last time I will try to buy a car this way.
Sponsored