PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
That much is true, I believe they need to hit 60% match. Ford can't tell the dealer what price to sell a vehicle for though. That's why the window sticker price says MSRP. Ford has stepped in on a few situations and has gotten positive results. I'm guessing those instances are few and far between though.
I think that having your voice amplified here is more likely to produce a positive outcome than those who are not here. Not right in any case, but there is strength in numbers especially in a forum of enthusiasts...
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Typically you are not committed and should get your deposit back. Right now many dealers would be happy if you backed out so they could sell it off the lot for more $$$.
Then the Dealer is not committed to sell your order to you at Ford's suggested retail price.

So what you think you've set in place is a one-way deal with the Dealership where the dealer must honor MSRP and you get to blackout if you don't like the truck. Yet you expect the dealership to comply with Ford's 80% reservation match at the same time. So the dealership shells out $40K to buy your order from Ford, then you decide not to buy it and expect the dealership to eat the $40K because it can't sell your order, less it risk future Bronco allocations.

Life doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12876

"my signature and date"

What about the dealership signature? Seems like a one sided contract without it.
Itā€™s the dealers invoice of course they agree to said price an invoice. Men and women in 2021 or nothing but pushovers.

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then the Dealer is not committed to sell your order to you at Ford's suggested retail price.

... So the dealership shells out $40K to buy your order from Ford, then you decide not to buy it and expect the dealership to eat the $40K because it can't sell your order, less it risk future Bronco allocations.

I was under the impression (or I read somewhere) that there is a significant delay between when a dealer receives the vehicle and when they have to pay for it. If they had to fully pay for the vehicle up front, there would be a lot less stock on the dealer lots, and FMC would have a problem with vehicle storage.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean, you signing a sheet with MSRP on it doesnā€™t really mean anything. MSRP is just a suggested price, it really means nothing. Unless you have something from the dealer with an agreed price I donā€™t see how a court would be on your side.
The court of public opinion may be stronger than you think.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So what you think you've set in place is a one-way deal with the Dealership where the dealer must honor MSRP and you get to blackout if you don't like the truck. Yet you expect the dealership to comply with Ford's 80% reservation match at the same time. So the dealership shells out $40K to buy your order from Ford, then you decide not to buy it and expect the dealership to eat the $40K because it can't sell your order, less it risk future Bronco allocations.

That's the reason many dealers ask for deposits...why are we trying to justify dealers screwing people again? Folks have waited over a year for their vehicles and I imagine if they were told UP FRONT that they would be paying $10k+ over MSRP they would shop elsewhere.

Me personally, try that shit with me and I'm test driving it into a wall and all you're getting back is a steering wheel.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to save this as a canned response from now on:
Another "my dealer is charging X above sticker".....did anyone actually expect differently from most scumbag dealerships?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this sounds like a good idea, but again do these Ford employees have any power over an independent franchise? Koons is the biggest scumbag dealer of DC
Ford has made it clear that they care more about their dealers than their customers. They didnt just create the mess, they doubled down on it.
The dealers ARE their customers, not us. I worked in a very large dealership For a while. The cars/trucks are no longer a dealerā€™s primary product - they are only used as collateral on loans. The primary source of income is through profit on finance. So many folks in this country who should be paying cash for 10 year old Camrys are instead taking out 60-72 month loans on $50,000-$100,000 dollar trucks. I got out the business cause I couldnā€™t deal with the lack of ethics - the list is lengthy believe me. ADM happens once in a while on a hot vehicle, but there are every day transactions where people get screwed that far and away bring cash flow way beyond any ADM activities.

Sponsored

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, in less than 24 hours Lindsay ford's Google rating has slid from 4.8 to a 4.3. Keep hammering with a 1 rating guys. It may not get the OP his Bronco but it sends a message to shifty dealers like Lindsay.

EdVA

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Smeagolsaurā€¦.Iā€™ve been following this since You first posted, and really hope it works out for you! As you say, hopefully Mike can help you out. I think your legal approach is spot on, and would be doing the same thing. No way this isnā€™t a contract, and no way did this dealer not break it. Good luck!!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers ARE their customers, not us.
Thats actually a pretty good point. Ford should start marketing to their dealers and then let their dealers market to us. The entire process has gotton out of hand though especially with dealers like this.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know Mike Levine takes some heat on these boards for "Stay Pumped" and the like - but whenever a member encounters a problem more times than not our de facto answer is "tweet @ Mike Levine"

More times than not - Mike seems to have answered the call.

That's impressive.
Sponsored