Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know Mike Levine takes some heat on these boards for "Stay Pumped" and the like - but whenever a member encounters a problem more times than not our de facto answer is "tweet @ Mike Levine"

More times than not - Mike seems to have answered the call.

That's impressive.
And yet he has been ignoring tweets about the allocation formula for 2 months.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats actually a pretty good point. Ford should start marketing to their dealers and then let their dealers market to us. The entire process has gotton out of hand though especially with dealers like this.
It is how it has always worked. You may order a vehicle, but the dealership is the legal order holder. It is their vehicle until they sell it to someone. The point in this case is, a price was agreed to at the time of the order. Now a dealership realizes they can skirt the Ford rule that requires a legitimate person to place a Bronco order. They use the legit person to place the order, then once it arrives, they renege on the price so they can either get the original customer to pay over sticker, or put it on the lot with an ADM. This dealer has decided it is worth screwing over a few customers for profit, while disregarding their reputation and future profits. This same dealer has a few F 150 trucks on the lot marked up $30 K over sticker. I live about 45 minutes from this dealer and after seeing this, I would never set foot there regardless of what they had in stock.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because Mike is a PR guy who would likely get laughed out of the logistics wing at Ford when he said, "this guy DaveH has been tweeting at me for 2 months because of your allocation model"

He takes up for individual users getting screwed - not the whole company for making a decision that impacts customers.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update: Mike Levine got in touch late last night asking for my order info and phone #. Hoping he can help shake this loose.
Ask Mike about the percentage of order customers that Ford set and the name matching the sale. Seems every Bronco Lindsay Ford had on market place last night was a special order green sticker. They have all been removed now or they block me as I was having fun with them and drinking bourbon. The message string was entertaining.

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From what I've seen, Mike will find another dealer that will give you a Bronco for MSRP. But...the customer doesn't normally get the Bronco he ordered. You will have to wait for another one. Let's see how this one plays out.

Sponsored

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good luck OP. This sucks to see how much this is happening.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may or may not have sent this to them on the FB marketplace ad:

Sell this Bronco to it's order holder for your agreed upon price. You are getting a very bad wrap across the forums & are hurting your chances at future orders. I see the 1 stars reviews are rolling in on google too. Your dishonesty is going to come back to bite you. This is someone's truck, don't screw them over.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because Mike is a PR guy who would likely get laughed out of the logistics wing at Ford when he said, "this guy DaveH has been tweeting at me for 2 months because of your allocation model"

He takes up for individual users getting screwed - not the whole company for making a decision that impacts customers.
I didn't stop him from tweeting a few responses in the first couple of days after the new formula come out. I suspect he only stopped when he realized what a cluster it was.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He answered back when the formula leaked. Basically saying small dealers can’t game the system and only choose to sell a lot of one Ford product and expect to receive a high allocation for it.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you meet with the dealer have two file folders. One with all of your order docs. The other with your legal filing. Let them know that depending on the outcome of your meeting your next stop is at the courthouse. Be prepared to follow through with a filing.

Not related to a purchase but to a repair. I had an exhaust manifold replaced on a vehicle. They did a beyond shoddy job that caused damage well beyond the original repair. When I brought the vehicle back for them to correct on the passenger seat was my paperwork for a lawsuit with their name on it. I told them that if everything was fixed we were good. If not I would be stopping at the courthouse to file the suit. They did the right thing and all was good.

I hope your case gets resolved in a similar fashion.

For my order I have the same paperwork that you have. I have also asked via email if they had any other other fees or mark ups. They replied no.

Be careful that if they agree to MSRP that they don't hit you with crazy document and other dealer fees.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless you are referring to something I missed, my understanding is the price protection was for folks bumped to MY22, not locked in prices with dealers, who, depending on how they want to run their business, have some "flexibility" to screw folks at their whim.

1638723361717.png
I would think that the price protection that they refer to here is that 2021 people pushed to 22, will not pay 22 pricing. I don't necesarily believe it has anything to do with 2021 people paying for what they ordered in 21.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When everyone stats "that isn't a binding contract " why isn't it? We reserved the Bronco, went to the dealer to submit the order and signed the paperwork for that order which also shows a price at the bottom. If the dealer wants something other then what's on the paperwork we signed, that would be the time for the dealer to add any ADM, not after the fact.
If an additional deposit is taken at ordering and shown on the order paperwork, that is more in the buyers favor that this dealer is going to get sued.
we also picked out specific pieces of equipment based on the price... I would have loved a top of the line model that cost 75k, but I knew that I couldn't afford that, so I built according to my price point. I am anxiously awaiting my delivery (which was supposed to be 12/1, then moved to 12/4, then moved to 12/6), and I am picking it up with the intent that i WILL NOT pay over what is on my invoice... period. In fact, I want the 1000 Ford cash, too. We will see what happens.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the "allocation formula" is actually a smokescreen. Build order is actually 100% driven by "commodity constraints", not that allocation formula. If a dealership has a Bronco order that can be made, Ford will make it and ship it, regardless of their allocation.

Ford doesn't want to shout this from the rooftops, because it's pretty embarrassing for them. The "allocation formula" thing was just some B.S. to get big dealers to stop whining about the 'Big 3' small dealers with hundreds of orders, but it doesn't even come in to play right now. Order-holders at those small dealerships that are 100+ spots down their respective lists are getting Broncos built right now, because they are lightly-equipped and have soft tops.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow what an entertaining thread to say the least😂. Yikes so much DRAMA and I just hate to say it but when you start forcing things onto others it never ever works out in the end. WALK WALK WALK WALK AWAY......🤐
Sponsored