Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

The bronco6g community is nothing short of amazing. You have my axe.

Mission accomplished.

Screenshot_20211206-185604_Gallery.jpg
Let this be a lesson to would-be, ass-f*ck dealerships looking to scam customers! 👍🏻
Glad it worked out!

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

Mission accomplished.

Ford Bronco RESOLVED! Dealer screwed me - 10k over msrp - Lindsay Ford - Wheaton, MD 22D1B606-50CA-4043-A397-6651D76AF971
Congratulations on seeing this resolved in a positive outcome. Your response and dedication to not bowing to the dealerships pressure went a long way towards resolving it in a positive manner. I am curious though, you mention that the dealership "went a little better than that", what was it that they did?

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

@Ford Motor Company

Update:

FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

Ford Bronco RESOLVED! Dealer screwed me - 10k over msrp - Lindsay Ford - Wheaton, MD 22D1B606-50CA-4043-A397-6651D76AF971
Sorry you had to go through all this stress and Bull for a companies greed. At least they made it right in the end only to make themselves look better. They should only be marking up peoples that walk away or abandon orders or there own orders. Reserved orders unless told upfront there going to charge you more should be what they say.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP…..just wondering if it’s set in yet that it’s all yours and no one is taking it? I’m sure that the stress of the entire ordeal has diminished the happy home in the garage pics, but really hope you’re enjoying it now. I feel for the others that didn’t have the same success, but this model of social media pressure is proven now in my book.

echance01

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad to see they did right by you. Amazing what a small group of people can help accomplish in a short amount of time. I removed my 1 star rating.

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP…..just wondering if it’s set in yet that it’s all yours and no one is taking it? I’m sure that the stress of the entire ordeal has diminished the happy home in the garage pics, but really hope you’re enjoying it now. I feel for the others that didn’t have the same success, but this model of social media pressure is proven now in my book.
The last 6 months I've mentally prepared myself for the dealer trying to screw me over so when I went there I was prepared to walk away. Now that's it's been in my garage for a day I'm starting to really enjoy it. But I definitely never had the joy of the new vehicle pick up.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
All,

@Ford Motor Company

Update:

FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

Very happy to hear you got this resolved. They knew they were wrong and realized that they could lose a lot of future sales by doing one single customer wrong. We all need to stick together and expose every dealer who does this to customers. Good job for sticking it out and not letting them win.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless you are referring to something I missed, my understanding is the price protection was for folks bumped to MY22, not locked in prices with dealers, who, depending on how they want to run their business, have some "flexibility" to screw folks at their whim.

1638723361717.png
That’s some crazy town BS. You can’t have a locked in price and a subsequent markup. Those two things cannot exist simultaneously.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What am I missing? ADM means Additional Dealer Markup, no? How in The French turkey hell can you’re msrp be locked if a hidden, undisclosed markup is applicable?
MSRP is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Suggested is the key word there. The price protection simply locks in the SUGGESTED price, not the actual price. Dealers are free to set the actual price at whatever they want.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
MSRP is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Suggested is the key word there. The price protection simply locks in the SUGGESTED price, not the actual price. Dealers are free to set the actual price at whatever they want.
Dude, when you “lock a suggested price” that becomes the actual price. If the lock doesn’t exist, then you’re being intentionally deceptive and subject yourself to resulting damages.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All,

@Ford Motor Company

Update:

FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

Screenshot_20211206-185604_Gallery.jpg
That's awesome!!!! I'm glad it went your way. Unfortunately, they don't deserve the online negative reviews to be pulled. They earned them. They are shady and that's exactly what future customers should know about them. I didn’t post any negative reviews because they're usually reversed via algorithms but I'm glad some of them won't be deleted.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, when you “lock a suggested price” that becomes the actual price. If the lock doesn’t exist, then you’re being intentionally deceptive and subject yourself to resulting damages.
Ford hasn’t guaranteed and will never guarantee your price on any model as long as the dealership model remains in place. Read the price protection email again. It specifically says it protects MSRP.
Sponsored