Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's awesome!!!! I'm glad it went your way. Unfortunately, they don't deserve the online negative reviews to be pulled. They earned them. They are shady and that's exactly what future customers should know about them. I didn’t post any negative reviews because they're usually reversed via algorithms but I'm glad some of them won't be deleted.
Yah why should anyone delete anything negative to say about them. Those folks posting didn't make any agreement with Lindsay Ford.

These dealers are clueless...do they not think this stuff will make it back to the forums or news outlets?

They talk about not wanting negative publicity yet bring it on themselves.
Sponsored

taguirre

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took delivery last Saturday and was waiting for the punchline. Luckily the dealer kept to their word and sold at MSRP.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Commodity constraints drive what gets built, but who gets them is driven by allocation. We have yet to see the full impact of the '22 allocation formula since it is so early in that process. If Ford doesn't change it, they will have to build dealer stock in order to fill the allocation as some dealers while the 'Big 3" are still waiting on builds for reservation holders.
John at SAC sent out an email to their order holders, and based on their initial scheduling, he projects that all 230ish of their 2022 orders will be fulfilled. Which is far above what the "allocation formula" says they should get for 2022. I truly think the "allocation formula" was just some B.S. they shoveled at the big dealers to shut them up; it wouldn't be the first time Ford lied about the Bronco order fulfillment process (actually, they haven't been truthful about ANY aspect of this process, so par for the course).

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Screw this dealership still. They didn't honor the agreement because they felt obligated, they did it to avoid getting flamed.

I just left DC so I'll be sure to tell all my friends to avoid any Lindsay dealership.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
John at SAC sent out an email to their order holders, and based on their initial scheduling, he projects that all 230ish of their 2022 orders will be fulfilled. Which is far above what the "allocation formula" says they should get for 2022. I truly think the "allocation formula" was just some B.S. they shoveled at the big dealers to shut them up; it wouldn't be the first time Ford lied about the Bronco order fulfillment process (actually, they haven't been truthful about ANY aspect of this process, so par for the course).
You are not understanding the process. The number of allocations, the formula to determine the percentage of production sent to each dealer does not take into account the number of reservation orders at that dealer. Ford doesn't care about reservation numbers at a dealer.

This is exactly what we have been screaming about a year now. Some dealers will get large allocations, build all their reservation orders, and get lots full of dealer stock while reservation holders at non-favored Ford dealers wait even longer. in ten months, people will be able to go into a big dealer and buy off the lot or order custom and have it in 6-8 weeks while some people who reserved are stuck waiting for years if they want to get the price protections, bonus Ford points, and the like. It completely depends on where Ford chooses to send Broncos. This is why Ford changed the process, to placate their favored dealers. If a dealer gets lots of allocations, it does not matter if only 10% are reservations being filled. They will get the balance in dealer stock.

pfresh

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

The bronco6g community is nothing short of amazing. You have my axe.

Mission accomplished.

Screenshot_20211206-185604_Gallery.jpg
Power in numbers and that goes to show, that's why you get on forum pages like this. I have learned so much in the few months I have been on this page. Congrats!

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not understanding the process. The number of allocations, the formula to determine the percentage of production sent to each dealer does not take into account the number of reservation orders at that dealer. Ford doesn't care about reservation numbers at a dealer.
I know that's what they SAID they'd do, but what they are actually DOING is apparently trying to build almost all the 2022 orders (except maybe post-March reservations), allocations be damned. SAC is on track to get well over double what their 2022 "allocation" actually is, at least according to that formula. I'm sure it's the same at Granger.

Will some dealer stock be built before reservations? Absolutely, particularly if dealers are ordering Broncos with few/no commodity constraints for their lot (seems to already be happening). But this idea that the order holders at the 'Big(small) Three' dealerships will be waiting until 2024 or whatever to get their reserved Bronco (due to this "allocation formula") is apparently not coming to fruition.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that's what they SAID they'd do, but what they are actually DOING is apparently trying to build almost all the 2022 orders (except maybe post-March reservations), allocations be damned. SAC is on track to get well over double what their 2022 "allocation" actually is, at least according to that formula. I'm sure it's the same at Granger.

Will some dealer stock be built before reservations? Absolutely, particularly if dealers are ordering Broncos with few/no commodity constraints for their lot (seems to already be happening). But this idea that the order holders at the 'Big(small) Three' dealerships will be waiting until 2024 or whatever to get their reserved Bronco (due to this "allocation formula") is apparently not coming to fruition.
We can only hope this is true.

Sponsored

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fake reviews are hilarious. Ford Corporate should be so enthused by all the fake review their dealers get from family. Go Mrs Cotton on Mr Cotton

22D1B606-50CA-4043-A397-6651D76AF971.jpeg
even without the name match, her story unravels itself - salespeople know jack esp compared to an enthusiast, much less give two sheets.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
even without the name match, her story unravels itself - salespeople know jack esp compared to an enthusiast, much less give two sheets.
Unicorn 'enthusiast' salespeople exist. I bought my GTI from Lindsay VW (same dealership group), and my sales guy had personally driven tuned GTIs for like 15 years. He was telling me about aftermarket gadgets they don't even sell there that I had never heard about. Although he quit soon afterward (Dieselgate was not kind to VW sales in the US).

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasn’t guaranteed and will never guarantee your price on any model as long as the dealership model remains in place. Read the price protection email again. It specifically says it protects MSRP.
The argument wasn't about a contract with Ford though, it was a verbal agreement with the dealer.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The argument wasn't about a contract with Ford though, it was a verbal agreement with the dealer.
I’m aware of that. I was responding to someone incorrectly saying Ford’s 2021 price protection should protect him from ADM.

Regulator Johnson

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think ALL the negative reviews should stay up. The dealer didn't honor your original agreement because it was the right thing to do. They did it out of fear that prospective customers would see the reviews and go elsewhere. They are still the same scumbags today that they were yesterday. If you hadn't brought enough pressure to bear on them, you would be on the outside looking in.
Sponsored