Sponsored

Resources for finding Off-Road Trails and Trip Planning?

earmentrout

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 Raptor,2014 Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to You Tube and search for "jeep trails in (enter state). There will be lot of videos on different trails from that state. Gives you a good start. I searched Virginia and got locations from Northern Virginia to southern part. Most in National Parks.
Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

muiemgl

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When it comes to off-road trails and trip planning within the Best Off Road Driving Trails in Missouri, there are several resources available to help you find the perfect adventure. Here are some tips to get you started:

1. Check with local off-road clubs: Local off-road clubs are a great resource for finding trails in your area. They can offer advice on trail conditions, recommended vehicles and equipment, and trip planning tips.

2. Visit state parks and national forests: Many state parks and national forests in Washington offer off-road trails for visitors. Check their websites for information on trails, permits, and camping options.

3. Research online: Websites like AllTrails, TrailLink, and Offroad Trail Guide offer user-generated trail maps and information on off-road routes throughout Washington state.

4. Purchase trail maps: Books like "Washington Backcountry Discovery Route" and "Guide to Washington Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails" offer detailed trail maps and information on routes that are perfect for off-roading.

5. Plan ahead: Before you hit the trail, make sure you have all the necessary equipment, including a first aid kit, spare tire, and towing equipment. Check weather and trail conditions, and always let someone know where you're going and when you plan to return.

Remember to always follow Leave No Trace principles when off-roading, and respect other users and the environment. With a little research and planning, you'll be well on your way to an unforgettable off-road adventure in Washington state.

Last edited:

Peteduce

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I invested on garmin tread overlander, and I have since used it on all of my trips. It shows which lands are private, how narrow the trails are, 3d mapping, built-in in reach (has monthly subscriptions), and other helpful applications. I also use onX to see the trail difficulty. Otherwise, I've found some of my best trips from free roaming with garmin.

Sponsored

Scott M

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Black Diamond, '99 BMW M3, '88 BMW 325i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not helpful unless you are near to, or are planning to visit a National Forest but this is a great resource.

https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/

Will show all of the forest service roads and trails, I beleive it integrates the MVUM (Motor Vehicle Use Maps) info into it. Different regions mark them differently so may not be exact for all areas. And don't think that just because it's a Forest Service road that it's not "exciting". Some of these roads are pretty rugged, especially after a tough winter.
FYI The new URL for the US Forest Service Interactive Visitor map is now: https://www.fs.usda.gov/ivm/

I find this very useful for planning. I usually look for roads with the "High Clearance Vehicle" designator then use a 3d mapping tool like www.earth.google.com to look for interesting things along the way, such as ridgelines or 'play areas'

Example USFS IVM map:
Ford Bronco Resources for finding Off-Road Trails and Trip Planning? 1707947091299

Google Earth of above location:
Ford Bronco Resources for finding Off-Road Trails and Trip Planning? 1707946951118

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I searched with no luck.

We have all of these new people getting broncos, and tons of talk on how to upgrade and a thousand different ways to modify to suit the needs of every buyer, but I cannot find good resources on where to take the Bronco off-road. It almost seems like there should be a forum subtopic for it, similar to trip journals, but more on the planning and resource side instead of the after trip documentation. I know the famous trail systems in southwest Colorado and Moab, but is there a good resource for finding good trails and off road recreation areas? I am specifically interested in Texas, Arkansas, Tennesse, Carolinas, but I am sure there are others with the same newfound interest in finding trails near their current locations.

I do realize there are off-road sites that list trails, but every site I can find is affiliate link marketing BS so far and I am looking for some actual feed back on good resources for finding trails.
Try this:
https://louisianajeepers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1369065303524229/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277541866864506/

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here in Idaho we have BLM, USDA Forest Service and State Lands with thousands of miles of unpaved roads and trails. I use BLM maps and this: https://www.instructables.com/USGS-TOPO-Maps-Downloading-Printing-Assembly-Prote/

There are hundreds if not thousands of trails that are not on any maps here in Idaho. I just turn on tracking function on my Garmin Tread, transfer them to Garmin Base Camp and make my own maps.

Additionally, I transfer my tracks to Google Earth where I can see where I've been and look for additional trails in the area.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the Bronco Trail App and the All Trails App.....have used successfully here in Georgia.
Sponsored