Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In this day and age, we are very quick to throw our hands in the air and cry 'foul.' But maybe cooler heads should prevail. I don't see a "crisis" and I don't suspect dealers are "poaching" orders either. If, by some odd chance, your 'preferred' dealer is trying to poach your reservation, it wouldn't take much more than a phone call to Ford and that problem would be resolved promptly. Full disclosure; I have no professional affiliation with any Ford dealer. I'm just a consumer and reservation holder (converted to an order on Jan. 20!).

Think this through: if you have a reservation, there are two things that are going to happen; 1. you convert to an order, or 2. you flake out. If you have a reservation, then you have first dibs on that rig.

If your dealer converted the order without speaking to you, it's likely because they understand that either way, that Bronco is getting ordered, and if you don't take it, they'll sell it to someone else. I would also think that your dealer has more-than-good reason to believe the order will be going through them, since you are the one who selected them as your 'preferred' dealer. Also, at this stage if the game, your 'preferred' dealer should know you by name, and if they don't, then shame on you. Furthermore, you have at least two or three *months* to select/change your specifications.

Some of you are really good with those memes. Who can post a clip of the scene from Airplane, in the control tower, when everyone is in a panic and running around like crazy?
He is my issue with this thinking. You are treating this like normal orders. In that case you are correct... the DEALER is ordering a car that you have agreed to buy, otherwise they would have been ordering anyway as part of their monthly allocations to just be put into stock.

This is Not the case with Broncos. All reservations are being considered CUSTOM orders and Ford has said this is different.

If you called a dealer and told them you were wanting a custom F150, and they turned around and special ordered you one before you even told them what you wanted, and then told you they charge an extra 5k for any custom orders... I'm pretty sure any sane person would walk.

Problem is you can't (couldn't) and now your choice is take it or don't buy a F150.
Sponsored

Ken87BroncoII

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Crew
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like how you say you don’t see a crisis and that if by chance a dealer is trying to poach your reservation, just call Ford.” Then you say, it’s likely they converted your order “knowing it’s getting ordered either way and if you don’t take it they’ll sell it to someone else.” Yet, when Ford support is called they say they have no control and all converted orders are locked to that dealership. So essentially they’re doing exactly what you say isn’t happening and consumers should call Ford who is doing the exact opposite of what you suggest they’ll do. Did you even read the complaints?

???

I couldn’t make up a more clueless reply. Are you serious?

1611327350516.gif
Yes, I'm clueless, and not afraid to admit it. Who's a troll?

Nevertheless, I may not be as clueless as the one who selects a "preferred" dealership and then gets hood-winked by their preferred dealer, if that's what is actually happening. I doubt it, but just maybe.

Where's the meme of the control tower - panic and chaos?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nevertheless, I may not be as clueless as the one who selects a "preferred" dealership and then gets hood-winked by their preferred dealer, if that's what is actually happening. I doubt it, but just maybe.

Ford Bronco Response from Ford about dealers converting Bronco reservations unexpectedly 1611334445716

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A friend at Ford requested I post this here ASAP, it will be sent out in a little bit but I got it first!

In response to this: Some Bronco Reservation Holders Report Having Order Submitted by Dealer Without Knowledge and Consent ?
It was a genius idea of those unscrupulous dealers: you either buy the Bronco from them on their terms or walk away and they make a killing on someone else while you lose your place in line.

Considering there is no reason to rush and put an order in, I can't think of a legitimate reason why a dealer would do this. Any excuse they made was probably trying to save face after being caught. I wonder how many reservation holders that aren't on forums like this are getting taken for a ride and don't know it?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a genius idea of those unscrupulous dealers: you either buy the Bronco from them on their terms or walk away and they make a killing on someone else while you lose your place in line.
Evil genius. Wile E. Coyote genius.

I wonder how many reservation holders that aren't on forums like this are getting taken for a ride and don't know it?
EXACTLY.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Trust me, there wasn’t much working on the Ford website when I made my reservation at 8:30pm on 7/13. Half the time, the dealership details didn’t even show up and the selection did not work. Add to that that I’ve never bought a Ford before, (and moved to a new region in 2019), so had no actual data about which dealer I would “prefer” prior to ordering..

add to that that no one had deals in writing when they selected their “preferred dealer”

If you consider all these things, it’s clear that dealership selection at reservation time could not have been expected to be an educated, well-reasoned decision. This is exactly why Ford allows you to move YOUR reservation multiple times before being locked in.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They should add a feature to the reservation page that enables the customer to move the reservation into a 'clear to order' status.
Better yet, once you and your dealership agree on a build and price and they enter it into the system, you receive a link to the page with everything spelled out, requiring your electronic signature before the order is actually placed. This is not that hard. I do it to get NDAs with a $15 a month DocuSign account. Surely Ford can upgrade their site to allow for this kind of transaction.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OK, so you've doubled down, so I guess you're ready to go all in.

It's the customer's fault for selecting a dealer and not pre-vetting the dealer to ask them if they had plans for trying to screw them over and lock in their reservation? As though the dealer would have been honest about that. When Ford told us we had until the close of the ordering period (i.e., March 19th) to change dealers, we should have presumed that our dealer would be a sleaze ball and lock us in before we could change? It's odd that you think this is somehow just a tiny little mishap, a little whoopsie that accidentally happened rather than a well-concocted plan by multiple dealerships. There was no reason to rush and put orders in. Further, at least one dealer specifically stated that he couldn't even change the configuration. Sounds like the plan was for the dealer to order the configuration they wanted to sell, leaving the reservation-holder to back out and giving them a Bronco they could sell to the highest bidder.

Your theory might be the tiniest bit plausible if it weren't for the fact that none of the dealers who committed to fixed prices or are offering the big discounts pulled these shenanigans.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In this day and age, we are very quick to throw our hands in the air and cry 'foul.' But maybe cooler heads should prevail. I don't see a "crisis" and I don't suspect dealers are "poaching" orders either. If, by some odd chance, your 'preferred' dealer is trying to poach your reservation, it wouldn't take much more than a phone call to Ford and that problem would be resolved promptly. Full disclosure; I have no professional affiliation with any Ford dealer. I'm just a consumer and reservation holder (converted to an order on Jan. 20!).

Think this through: if you have a reservation, there are two things that are going to happen; 1. you convert to an order, or 2. you flake out. If you have a reservation, then you have first dibs on that rig.

If your dealer converted the order without speaking to you, it's likely because they understand that either way, that Bronco is getting ordered, and if you don't take it, they'll sell it to someone else. I would also think that your dealer has more-than-good reason to believe the order will be going through them, since you are the one who selected them as your 'preferred' dealer. Also, at this stage if the game, your 'preferred' dealer should know you by name, and if they don't, then shame on you. Furthermore, you have at least two or three *months* to select/change your specifications.

Some of you are really good with those memes. Who can post a clip of the scene from Airplane, in the control tower, when everyone is in a panic and running around like crazy?
I feel like your disclaimer actually outed yourself....it wasn't necessary, and the fact you added it AND your position that defends the dealer makes me think you are in fact on the inside somewhere, and probably at one of these shady dealer.....
Just a thought

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not quite that scene:

qc6xnk0znlyg474hx270jxmkt58yvf4wnvkne9wa&rid=giphy.gif

Sponsored

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

State law often prevents direct-to-consumer auto sales...

Whenever a company tries to buck the trend and try it, they get hit with lawsuits from the dealer groups.
Tesla sells direct to consumer.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is fantastic news from Ford for reigning in these rogue dealers and helping out the Bronco6g forum members. Thank you to Mike Levine and Jim Farley.

But let's be truthful, if these shady dealers did this to a few dozen Bronco6g forum members you can be guaranteed they did it to a few hundred or a few thousand unsuspecting, unaware and unknowledgable general public Bronco buyers. Does Ford truly want to change the buying model, to earn themselves a better reputation, not melinined by shady dealers?

If so, Ford must quickly put some safeguards in place to 100% guarantee a dealer can never enter an order to the system until there is a signed purchase agreement in place and the customer gives their express written consent.
Another thought, looking forward: if we as consumers have found reputable partners via this forum then those partners have secured sales going forward. I for one, as long as things go smoothly, will absolutely remember and consider my "group of dealer options" for each of my future purchases. Even though I made a choice of one at this point, there are several that have earned my respect and future consideration.

I hope the satisfied folks will consider doing the same.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better yet, once you and your dealership agree on a build and price and they enter it into the system, you receive a link to the page with everything spelled out, requiring your electronic signature before the order is actually placed. This is not that hard.
The Granger Ford Way!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what Levine said isn't true, about converting orders back to reservations?