Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I just found that my dealer has converted my reservation without a peep about it.

I'm something less than overjoyed at the moment.

EDIT: removed dealership details to protect the guilty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jernst8854

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same thing happened to me going to try to work things out next week but if not i will be calling ford. Dealership said he did it to all reservations to" make it easier when we ordered and hold our spot in line". Then told me there was a glitch in the system and couldn't change anything or add anything to the Wildtrack.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahaha! Take that you shady ass bitches!

Ford Bronco Response from Ford about dealers converting Bronco reservations unexpectedly 1611315870311

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost want to see a dealer do it again after the warning. That way we could see what the penalty is. Not trying to be a "rubber-necker" but if it would help other customers going forward then "Let's do this".

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco (not Tesla) might be the vehicle that convinces the legacy automakers that direct sales are better than the dealer franchise model. At this point, Ford dealers are driving away more Bronco sales than they are creating.

If you could just configure your Bronco online and have it delivered to your doorstep for invoice price without having to haggle with/be fed misinformation by your local dealer, I bet 90%+ of this forum would jump on that in a heartbeat. Let the dealers stick around to perform service (which is where they make their $ anyway). Win/win.

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good for Ford...if my dealer did that to me, I'd be gone to another not matter what. I hope they lose every single order they tried to poach.
If one or two dealers did it to several people, I could totally see your point. My dealer is a good friend and he told me that one of his guys has done the same thing in the past COMPLETELY accidentally. That was on a regular special order for a customer, not a Bronco where EVERYTHING is done differently on the dealers end.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing happened to me going to try to work things out next week but if not i will be calling ford. Dealership said he did it to all reservations to" make it easier when we ordered and hold our spot in line". Then told me there was a glitch in the system and couldn't change anything or add anything to the Wildtrack.
You should send them the link to this thread and the link to Ford's statement on the practice of converting a reservation of an unknown buyer.

Then calmly ask them to right the wrong by agreeing to your price. If not, go find another dealer and move your reservation.

Good luck.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I just found that Varsity Ford had in Ann Arbor converted my reservation without a peep about it.

I'm something less than overjoyed at the moment.
Wow. In the backyard of Ford even. That's ballsy.

Send them the links to the threads here and the link with Ford's statement on that practice. Then tell them your terms when you get your reservation back. In the meantime, look for another dealer in case they decide they're not interested in your terms.

Good luck.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco (not Tesla) might be the vehicle that convinces the legacy automakers that direct sales are better than the dealer franchise model. At this point, Ford dealers are driving away more Bronco sales than they are creating.
Seems like most dealerships are owned by politicians or their friend$ who will work very hard to stop cutting out the middle man. How many people remember who lost their dealership franchises when the federal government bought GM back during the auto bailouts? Yeah, money is going to take care of money.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is most excellent for the informed and removes a lot of stress. Glad to see this get resolved quickly before it got real out of hand and I hope Ford gets a policy in place with the marketing team to fix it, then punt said dealer to the curb!!!! All we can do is keep pushing the information to social media.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer is a good friend and he told me that one of his guys has done the same thing in the past COMPLETELY accidentally.
Is that the same thing as telling your wife, sorry but I ACCIDENTALLY banged your best friend?
Or you tell your boss, sorry but I ACCIDENTALLY stole money from the company?
Or the leader of a country saying, Oops, I ACCIDENTALLY pushed the Nuke Button?

Sounds more like one his guys hit the SUBMIT button, and when the boss found out said "Oh shit, I COMPLETELY ACCIDENTALLY hit that button, my bad" :rolleyes:

I tend to believe two theories.
1. Dealerships are doing it to stick the customers with them, don't let them change.
2. Dealerships know about as much as we do at this point, very little, and are looking to get a jump on things just in case the time of order plays into time of delivery as well. Which yes, we believe it's time stamp of res, not time of order.. But who knows anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited: