Sponsored

Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Anyone else?

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"The restraints control module has detected a fault with the driver side airbag circuit."

"Contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible"

The first time this happened, air bag warning light illuminates, and I notice my seat belt has not completely buckled. Click it in and the light goes out.

"The Restraint Control system has detected a fault with the occupant classification system which includes the air bags and safety belt buckle pretensioners."

My niece was riding in the passenger seat. Stop vehicle, unbuckle, re-buckle, restart, light goes out, we're good. Chalk this up to her being tiny and 120lbs max?

The drivers side happened again yesterday. Stop vehicle, unbuckle, re-buckle, restart, light goes out, but comes back on a mile down the road. Get home and repeat process still lit up.

Anyone else have this issue or just me?

Bronco has just under 750 miles. Coming up on third fill up 16.9 mpg. Like a lot of people I try to avoid the dealer, but planned on going in at 1k for break in oil change and hopefully my accessories arrive. Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Call them now, take it in. Don’t screw around with the restraints system. No one wants to be without their vehicle but it could literally be a matter of life and death.
'sigh' I know, hopefully it's just a loose plug/connector like the battery on my Dell laptop had and they don't have to tear apart my whole interior to find it.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brought Bronco into dealer today, airbag light not on of course.

Result: They are ordering a driver's seat airbag as diagnostic scan tools point towards that control module. Not happy about having my seat pulled apart but hope this fixes the issue.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

O man, a ton of vehicles had a sensor issue for the airbags and went through recalls.
It was not the fault of any car manufacturer but caused lots of problems.

I hope this isn't an indication of something similar

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

O man, a ton of vehicles had a sensor issue for the airbags and went through recalls.
It was not the fault of any car manufacturer but caused lots of problems.

I hope this isn't an indication of something similar
My Chevy pickup truck is due to go in for an airbag recall.

Pittdmb

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"The restraints control module has detected a fault with the driver side airbag circuit."

The first time this happened, air bag warning light illuminates, and I notice my seat belt has not completely buckled. Click it in and the light goes out.

"The Restraint Control system has detected a fault with the occupant classification system which includes the air bags and safety belt buckle pretensioners."

My niece was riding in the passenger seat. Stop vehicle, unbuckle, re-buckle, restart, light goes out, we're good. Chalk this up to her being tiny and 120lbs max?

The drivers side happened again yesterday. Stop vehicle, unbuckle, re-buckle, restart, light goes out, but comes back on a mile down the road. Get home and repeat process still lit up.

Bronco has just under 750 miles. Coming up on third fill up 16.9 mpg. Like a lot of people I try to avoid the dealer, but planned on going in at 1k for break in oil change and hopefully my accessories arrive. Thoughts?
Picked mine up last Wednesday and I am getting this same alert. Started yesterday then got it again today.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to hear Ford is doing something about it. The pretensioners and airbags pack quite wallop so I wouldn’t take anything less than perfect. Please update us if the new airbag cures the alarm.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I go in on Wednesday October 6th was going to fix last month but the day I was scheduled for replacement Ford issued a TSB to replace the harness module. The fault is very intermittent and does not come on every time I drive.

Ford Bronco Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Anyone else? 1633446162240

Is there a place on this site or elsewhere on the web to look up TSBs from Ford for our Broncos? I mean for free without having to pay for a subscription?

Last edited:

Sponsored

BuckinOnEm

Big Bend
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 21' , Ford F250 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I been having this issue as well with my Bronco. It is intermittent for a while and now appears every start up when I have a passenger. I am going to get this serviced this week.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the TSB the dealer performed, so far so good the airbag has remained off.
Ford Bronco Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Anyone else? 172B3C49-B40C-44F8-A63D-45594E7E952F

Last edited:

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that the camera was installed upside down and they noted the dash molding issue. Did you notice either of these before taking it in? Just seems like a hell of a lot of QC issues going on in general.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No I pointed this out to them as well as issues with the mic top. Need mention the paint chip where some of the seam sealer they used on the door came off.

It is a 1st year new vehicle check my signature.

BuckinOnEm

Big Bend
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 21' , Ford F250 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the TSB the dealer performed, so far so good the airbag has remained off.
Ford Bronco Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, Anyone else? 172B3C49-B40C-44F8-A63D-45594E7E952F
Thank you for an update on this. I am glad this fixed the issue. Mine is on the passenger side.
Sponsored