Black Diamond
only able to build about 56% of WT orders
only able to build about 71% of Hard Top orders
only able to build about 66% of LUX orders
less than 4,000 . . (un-sched 2-Doors)
Should be able to schedule ~85% or so for 23MY

There's something strange going on with Ford's Bronco plans

They only have about 15,000 COVP orders remaining
Why do they have to cancel any of them ?

On avg MAP's been building ~ 9,000/month. And they still have about 8-months of '23 production. Now they can't get enough parts to build 15,000 in 8-months ??
That's only about 2,000/month.
Hard to believe. What is MAP doing for the rest of '23 ?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On avg MAP's been building ~ 9,000/month. And they still have about 8-months of '23 production. Now they can't get enough parts to build 15,000 in 8-months ??
You are omitting dealer stock in your thinking. Ford is facing no constraints on the moar door 2.3L softies. They want to schedule as many retail orders as possible. For the gaps in scheduling due to constraints on higher spec'd orders, Ford will back-fill with dealer stock.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MAP is also building dealer stock. Also the Ranger is built on the same production line. They are not sitting idle.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if 28% of orders are purged and these orders are randomly distributed across models/features (who knows) then that would indicate that 78% of WTs, 99% of MICs, 92% of Lux orders would be built.

Hmmm....

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got too many parts on order or in my garage to quit now!!!! I'm locked in and hopeful
I’ve almost ordered a few things to have “ready” for when my Bronco finally came. I’m glad I didn’t because I got Sas and Lux on my order and little to no hope of seeing it get scheduled …

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's really crazy is when we hear things like it's the wheels or tires that hold up Sas production but they only offer 1 or 2 options in each trim at all to begin with. I went to build & price an Expedition and they have seriously like 15 wheel choices.

Throw in an optional wheel choice that CAN be built and we'd gladly take it. Heck we'd pay extra for it! I get you need time to ramp up production, ordering, etc but man this wasn't a mystery 2 years ago. In our business, if one of our suppliers can't fulfill what they promised they'd deliver they know dang well we're looking to see who can for our customers.

At the end of the day Bronco is a niche project and F150 is where the bread is buttered at Ford. They aren't losing money by not delivering higher spec Broncos with price protection so they honestly don't care.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering no one can place a new order so far for 2023, maybe that is keeping the numbers down.
Good point, I totally forgot about that. I haven't placed an order in about 2 years. I know some here have done 3-4 since then.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What's really crazy is when we hear things like it's the wheels or tires that hold up Sas production but they only offer 1 or 2 options in each trim at all to begin with. I went to build & price an Expedition and they have seriously like 15 wheel choices.

Throw in an optional wheel choice that CAN be built and we'd gladly take it. Heck we'd pay extra for it! I get you need time to ramp up production, ordering, etc but man this wasn't a mystery 2 years ago. In our business, if one of our suppliers can't fulfill what they promised they'd deliver they know dang well we're looking to see who can for our customers.

At the end of the day Bronco is a niche project and F150 is where the bread is buttered at Ford. They aren't losing money by not delivering higher spec Broncos with price protection so they honestly don't care.
As for wheels you get one choice for base/BB/OB, two for BD and BL (though one is closed out for the year), WT, HE, HE-L and EG you get one choice but they're all different and then with the Raptor you get two for a grand total of 13 plus the optional on most Sasquatch wheel making 14!

Base - 1
BB - 1
BD - 2
OB - 1
HE - 1
HE-L - 1
BL - 2
WT - 1
EG - 1
Raptor - 2
Sasquatch available on Base, BB, BD, OB, and BL

Not adding up tire choices but all Sasquatch, WT, HE and HE-L share the GY's. All in all that's putting allot of demand on the Sasquatch wheel/tire especially when the take rate is so high!

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, if one of you MIC + LUX don't get scheduled this week, there is an ever so slightly higher chance you will get scheduled later on. I just cancelled my order and will be taking a different dealers stock that is complete and inbound.

I was fortunate enough to luck into finding a dealer an hour away that has my exact build on the way, with the exception of having High and not Lux which I am perfectly ok with.

They put their order in 11/22 compared to my 2/22 and was able to get built much sooner 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is facing no constraints on the moar door 2.3L softies.
And yet, my black diamond 2.3l soft top doesn't get pulled. I have to wonder if my dealer just doesn't have allocation and won't tell me.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And yet, my black diamond 2.3l soft top doesn't get pulled. I have to wonder if my dealer just doesn't have allocation and won't tell me.
The number 1 constraint has always been allocation. But with the recent scheduling waves this year, it does seem that Ford is trying to schedule as many outstanding orders in the USOB even by allowing dealers to use MY'24 allocation to address the backlog.

Leadville

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are omitting dealer stock in your thinking. Ford is facing no constraints on the moar door 2.3L softies. They want to schedule as many retail orders as possible. For the gaps in scheduling due to constraints on higher spec'd orders, Ford will back-fill with dealer stock.
That's the OLD lie from last Summer/Fall - "dealer stock only softies on steelies." But we know better now. Several months w lots of loaded Badlands & Wildtrak dealer stock posted all over the forum. This week it's interesting they say "Retail Scheduling Only" - don't know if we've seen that before. Maybe result of the glaring insults to retail customers being pointed out in B6G ?

Ford will make hundreds-of-Million$ more using their constrained parts for loaded new '23 retail orders and loaded dealer stock. So legacy orders will get the leftovers

When Order Bank re-opens, Ford's message to legacy retail customers :
"Hey, your slice of the pie just got even smaller. But don't worry. We'll leave you a few crumbs"

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands and Black Diamond have upgraded wheel and tire options (excluding Sasquatch). They should have done that for all models.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As for wheels you get one choice for base/BB/OB, two for BD and BL (though one is closed out for the year), WT, HE, HE-L and EG you get one choice but they're all different and then with the Raptor you get two for a grand total of 13 plus the optional on most Sasquatch wheel making 14!

Base - 1
BB - 1
BD - 2
OB - 1
HE - 1
HE-L - 1
BL - 2
WT - 1
EG - 1
Raptor - 2
Sasquatch available on Base, BB, BD, OB, and BL

Not adding up tire choices but all Sasquatch, WT, HE and HE-L share the GY's. All in all that's putting allot of demand on the Sasquatch wheel/tire especially when the take rate is so high!
The new 'special' models should have been specced with a different tire to diversify the supply base.
Sponsored