Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Been watching some excellent videos on weekending and overlanding, like TrailRecon, Dirt Lifestyle and Overland Bound.

My initial thought was that traveling solo in a 2-door would probably be big enough; however, I now see the benefits of having the larger interior space for holding a mini fridge, camp kitchen, and the necessary gear, I also donā€™t foresee any issues with the size of the 4-door off road.

Plus, I gain:
-powered seats
-extra storage room
-slide out rear shelf
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been watching some excellent videos on weekending and overlanding, like TrailRecon, Dirt Lifestyle and Overland Bound.

My initial thought was that traveling solo in a 2-door would probably be big enough; however, I now see the benefits of having the larger interior space for holding a mini fridge, camp kitchen, and the necessary gear, I also donā€™t foresee any issues with the size of the 4-door off road.

Plus, I gain:
-powered seats
-extra storage room
-slide out rear shelf
4door gives you power seats? I never saw that until now. Where did you get that from?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus, I gain:
-powered seats
-extra storage room
-slide out rear shelf
Purists will call you crazy.
I agree with your second thoughts, as I was all about a 2 door for several weeks after reserving.
Several factors led me to changing to 4 door, the ones you mentioned being a lot of the same factors.
Ride quality will be better, stability, and the ability to store the doors in the vehicle should I desire to at any point as well.

OP
OP
rgwinn

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been rethinking the 2-Door as well. Wondering how big the 2-Door really is...is it bigger than a Jeep? The 4 Door has a nice stance.

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been rethinking the 2-Door as well. Wondering how big the 2-Door really is...is it bigger than a Jeep? The 4 Door has a nice stance.
2 door is bigger then the 2 door wrangler. Looks like my fridge will fit in the back. I am on the fence of switching to the 2 door from the 4 door.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had been on team 2 door since the launch.... Until the last two weeks. I have two smaller children, but this is a play vehicle that I will drive a good amount. We have two other Ford 4 doors, so I wasn't overly concerned.

The first hit to me was the lack of removable side windows in the modular top. Although it doesn't matter topless, I wanted to have the flexibility for the kids in the rear.
Second hit was we all piled in my Mustang and took a Sunday joy ride. Although it was enjoyable, boy was it cramped for all four of us. I decided to just go 4 door now, I want everyone to enjoy their experience in the Bronco, and if going 4 door gives us space and the removable side windows I can deal with the marginally lesser look of 4 doors.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The two door is just like the manual transmission argument. Ya its fun and cool to daydream about having them but in the end what is really practical for 95% of us? I would love a two door, it looks cool. I would love a manual transmission cuz rowing gears is fun. But kids, wife, space, activities are real life. Jealous of those that have a choice.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For regular usage I have more fun driving shorter more nimble and maneuverable vehicles. Hence my interest in the 2 door (along with the lower price). Hate driving our long cumbersome van.

Main thing that could get me into a 4-door, is if my wife and I decide to spend extended time driving around the country, exploring on/off road. We pack light, but the 4 door would provide extra room for gear, and possibly occasionally sleeping in the back with a rigged up sleeping platform.

I'm very eager to see real people entering/exiting the 2-door back seat. That will help determine my purchase. My 2-door TJ is more fun than my buddy's 4 door JK "station wagon", but entering/exiting the rear seat with top on my TJ is less fun. Hoping the new Bronco with slightly longer doors, and if Ford did a good job with the front seat slide/tip mechanism, will allow reasonable access to the back seat. Will see ...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had been on team 2 door since the launch.... Until the last two weeks. I have two smaller children, but this is a play vehicle that I will drive a good amount. We have two other Ford 4 doors, so I wasn't overly concerned.

The first hit to me was the lack of removable side windows in the modular top. Although it doesn't matter topless, I wanted to have the flexibility for the kids in the rear.
Second hit was we all piled in my Mustang and took a Sunday joy ride. Although it was enjoyable, boy was it cramped for all four of us. I decided to just go 4 door now, I want everyone to enjoy their experience in the Bronco, and if going 4 door gives us space and the removable side windows I can deal with the marginally lesser look of 4 doors.
Absolutely. Almost the same story here, word for word.
Hopefully there will be both a 4 door and 2 door in TN in a few weeks for me to see in person.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sticking with 2dr. Mostly gonna be me solo, at most 2 of us, exploring and camping. If I can't fit in then I don't need it.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me itā€™s not a question. I loved my 2 door Broncoā€™s, but they are just a PITA in almost any daily driver situation. Loading dogs, people, gear, using the vehicle for any sort of time out with other people is just not practical. When I was 19, no problem. Now? Just wouldnā€™t end up being able to enjoy it with anyone else.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The two door is just like the manual transmission argument. Ya its fun and cool to daydream about having them but in the end what is really practical for 95% of us? I would love a two door, it looks cool. I would love a manual transmission cuz rowing gears is fun. But kids, wife, space, activities are real life. Jealous of those that have a choice.
Sometimes people have more choices than they might think. But people can develop blockers in terms of rules/assumptions. Least-ways, my family of four has never had a 4-door 4x4, yet somehow we've had all kinds of adventures on/off road in our 2-door 4x4s. Loads of fun. How is that possible?! :)

Ford Bronco Rethinking the 2-Door LukeNotPossible

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely. Almost the same story here, word for word.
Hopefully there will be both a 4 door and 2 door in TN in a few weeks for me to see in person.
Hopefully - thatā€™s why I plan to make the drive. Iā€™m most interested to see them to make the final call. I keep flip flopping on 2 door vs 4 door.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the donut doors are only available on the 2-door as I suspect, then the 4-door is off the table. I don't really care about the tube doors. I think they look terrible. Someone posted a link to a CGI rendering of the tube doors on a 4-door, but we have not seen any real-world instance where the tube door/donut door was shown on a 4-door. Some opined that we haven't seen a lot of options, but Ford would show what amounts to a $3K option on 4-door if it was going to be available. They'll show off Jerry cans, jacks, and winches. But keep a $3K accessory under wrap. Brilliant marketing strategy.
Sponsored