Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 U13
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been an unwavering white top guy due to my love of the original Bronco. Then I saw this jeep today. Absolutely hideous.

When I think about why I hate it vs the original Bronco, I think it comes down to all of the dark gray parts on todays vehicles, primarily bumpers (formerly white or chrome), mirrors (same), door handles (formerly chrome) and attached wheel fenders (non existent on original uncut Broncos). Placed in the context of all this dark gray plastic, the white top on the Jeep looks cartoonish not classic.

Given all of this, I am rethinking the white top. Instead, I may embrace the gray MIC top, as it pretty closely matches all these other gray parts. Key to me is that the paint color and all the dark gray trim and MIC top color complement each other. Safest play is probably Carbonized Gray. But I am leaning AMB. I saw it on an F150 in the Florida sun last week and it was just stunning. Yes dark, but rich in color, nice metallic flake and clearly blue in the sun. (Btw, no purple.) I can see AMB going well on a Sas Badlands with all that gray trim and Carbon Grey Fifteen 52 wheels.

Am I alone on this white top perspective?
Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... 1613858953427

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, let's hold a bit before making a rush decision.

That Jeep is hideous, but let's examine why. That stripe is terrible. The shade of blue, is subjective, but I don't like it.

Then there's the fact it isn't lifted and has those tiny tires. Overall, if the Jeep looked a bit more, beefy, it might be ok. However, as applied, it just looks very half assed.

Put a new Bronco Squatched, and I think the beefiness helps to dominate the softness of the white top which provides some much appreciated balance. This is why I want a white top on my Area 51 BadSquatch.

Gonna make it happen too!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

, I think it just depends on color of the ride. Some colors, too me, scream for the wire top: cactus, A51, vb, black...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this Jeep is profoundly ugly... but because the door frames are body colored.

On the Bronco, you have the black trim... but the body color will end at the window sills. I think this will make the white tops look way sharper on the Bronco.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been an unwavering white top guy due to my love of the original Bronco. Then I saw this jeep today. Absolutely hideous.

When I think about why I hate it vs the original Bronco, I think it comes down to all of the dark gray parts on todays vehicles, primarily bumpers (formerly white or chrome), mirrors (same), door handles (formerly chrome) and attached wheel fenders (non existent on original uncut Broncos). Placed in the context of all this dark gray plastic, the white top on the Jeep looks cartoonish not classic.

Given all of this, I am rethinking the white top. Instead, I may embrace the gray MIC top, as it pretty closely matches all these other gray parts. Key to me is that the paint color and all the dark gray trim and MIC top color complement each other. Safest play is probably Carbonized Gray. But I am leaning AMB. I saw it on an F150 in the Florida sun last week and it was just stunning. Yes dark, but rich in color, nice metallic flake and clearly blue in the sun. (Btw, no purple.) I can see AMB going well on a Sas Badlands with all that gray trim and Carbon Grey Fifteen 52 wheels.

That looks good to me agains't the blue. The striping gives it a complete look.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice the Blue Doors on the jeep versus this maroon red Bronco w/a white Top or this 4-Door White Bronco with the black top.

53039A1D-B292-4587-9CCB-B7E744280CCC.png

7093ED18-8AF5-428B-8C38-7875FAE6A883.jpeg

Deleted member 13702

The front fenders on the Jeep throw off the look for me.

I think the white top on the Bronco will have a slightly different look, especially on the prototype with the white grill, white dash, etc. That one looks awesome, but my wife referred to it as the “frat boy” Bronco, and said it wouldn’t fit how she sees me.

Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... 85D291D1-952B-4375-B7D3-A166572532C5

Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... 0091FCFA-4797-4EAD-A363-C335B8CD1D84

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... tenor (9)

Haven't really been a fan of the white top. Not on a Bronco, Wrangler, Blazer, etc. I, personally, think that any non-body color top breaks up the visual lines in a less than attractive way. On the Cactus Gray prototype all the little bits of things painted white that would have been chrome made it even more cartoonish to me.

Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this Jeep is profoundly ugly... but because the door frames are body colored...
I concur - the doors break the flow.

The original Chief Cherokee was a neat looking vehicle and the blue is awesome. The recent Jeep nod to the Chief was less handsome, especially the 4 door version which just looks awkward.

(not my vehicle or photo)
1978-jeep-cherokee-chief.jpg

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is precisely why I’m going OBX with the mod top, so I can wrap it white if I feel the need and nit have black mirrors, fenders or handles. And wrap the grill if possible.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ITS HIDEOUS BECAUSE IT HAS 4 DOORS. Its never gonna look right to the eye with 4 doors and a white top because we've been looking at 2 doors with white tops for 55 years now.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It just doesn’t look right on a Wrangler and does look right on a Bronco. It’s that simple.
Sponsored