BlackJacked713

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4D Badlands Non-Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have retractable side steps yet for the 4 door Bronco? Or any coming soon?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have retractable side steps yet for the 4 door Bronco? Or any coming soon?
Chronic-Broncitis (sp) just had some installed on his custom Orange Bronco

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also depends on if you also need them to be rock sliders. If so, only thing that appears to be out there is Rock Slid Engineering. I will need a set of those so my wife can get in the Bronco.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens if you don't have the doors on? Just curious...
Not sure about the Aries steps that were linked, but the Jeep steps built by Rockslide and Amp-Research take door removal into account and include a button to lower the steps if you decide to remove the doors. I have seen some mount the button on the interior a-pillar trim and others mount the button on the interior door sill trim. It had been discussed in older power steps threads that you could possibly use the overhead upfitter switches as well.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What happens if you don't have the doors on? Just curious...
I am curious about how this would work as well. I see the notes about a manual switch.
How would the drop down steps work if you are off-roading and you are in a tight spot? If you open the door and do not want the steps to drop and cause damage to the motors?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious about how this would work as well. I see the notes about a manual switch.
How would the drop down steps work if you are off-roading and you are in a tight spot? If you open the door and do not want the steps to drop and cause damage to the motors?
Again, I am not sure about the Aries steps that were linked but on other brands you can turn them off so they don't lower. Good use for one of the upfitter switches. And if you watch the video for the Rockslide version the steps automatically stop when meeting resistance.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Again, I am not sure about the Aries steps that were linked but on other brands you can turn them off so they don't lower. Good use for one of the upfitter switches. And if you watch the video for the Rockslide version the steps automatically stop when meeting resistance.

Good video on this product. This step is mandatory for me getting the Bronco. We had measured the door sill height and thought we were ok, compared to the Jeep, but when we actually tried he getting into a SAS Bronco we found the seat is much higher relative to the door sill height, so harder to get into.

brosdom

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Rockslide steps look pretty cool. Hope that Amp Research will have a nice version also.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good video on this product. This step is mandatory for me getting the Bronco. We had measured the door sill height and thought we were ok, compared to the Jeep, but when we actually tried he getting into a SAS Bronco we found the seat is much higher relative to the door sill height, so harder to get into.
Agree they are pretty much mandatory if anyone has SAS. Town and Country does a nice video on them for Bronco. I just wish they didn't have a giant advertisement plastered on the side - that looks like crap.

RockSlide Engineering Power Step Sliders installed on 4-Door Bronco | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Sponsored