Sponsored

Retrofit installing 360 cameras after vehicle purchase (BASE)

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering how much is involved, I’m sure it would be super expensive to add 360 cameras and 12” screen.
I know I could have bought a higher trim level to get those options. But 2.7 and SAS were must haves for my base model.
typically a base with this configuration would be out of my price range. But the killer used car market and the extra time to squirrel away down payment money has made it possible. I say that to put it in perspective.
Jumping up from a base to BB is an extra 6k (before taxes🤦🏻‍♂️).
Just trying to wrap my head around the topic. 360 cameras would sure be nice in my tight ass garage.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The parts alone would be more I am sure (at list price), the labor would be substantial and you not get the extras also included

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
how about just adding a front camera .Would tha tbe easy or real hard job/
A front and rear camera would be nice. But I’m more interested in the 360 camera for getting in and out of my garage.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The parts alone would be more I am sure (at list price), the labor would be substantial and you not get the extras also included
Who knows.. would be nice if the harness had everything included. Swap out screen and add cameras and necessary trim pieces.

Sponsored

KickAssBronco21

Big Bend
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have only the rear view camera can you switch to the 360 degree camera after the fact?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you talking changing your order or adding after you take ownership? The 360deg camera is actually multiple cameras not just one.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if the 360 camera array is available on the Big Bend, so you may want to look into moving to a higher level package.

Retrofitting this system would be very expensive if even possible. I say that because it would require different side mirrors since cameras are in those and different bumpers and extra wiring. These cameras are also part of a system that may be different for those models and trims that use it and built in from the factory.

Regardless if any of the above isn't 100% accurate, net, net is there are several different parts and control modules needed, even if some just plug right in, so for a seamless process, it's cheaper and likely will work better just to get the 360 set up at time of purchase.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything is possible, but if my experience is any indication, I would *not* consider adding the functionality after the fact a viable option.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is one of those projects that's only financially feasible if you can score all the components needed at junkyard prices.
Sponsored