Sponsored

Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone figure out if it can be retrofitted to the lower trims that its not offered on?
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone figure out if it can be retrofitted to the lower trims that its not offered on?
It would be easier, and I personally think would be a better look/solution, to get a magnetic phone holder that doubles as a wireless charger for the BYOD rail on the dashboard.

DudeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2015 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be easier, and I personally think would be a better look/solution, to get a magnetic phone holder that doubles as a wireless charger for the BYOD rail on the dashboard.
...if you opted for the Lux package, lower trims won't have the power port up there. That's another question - can we easily add the upper dash power port?

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been putting wireless pads in my car for years and I donā€™t even have a convenient little spot for it like the Bronco has. I intend to just drop a wireless pad in that spot. It wonā€™t be built in but I expect it will be perfect for what I need.

47F32706-8D33-4194-89E1-BEF823E18B71.jpeg

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recent GM trucks have a charger in the armrest and guys have been retrofitting. It's going to be possible somehow, either with oem parts or aftermarket.

I still don't know for sure if I have it, B&P said included with high on BL.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like my vehicles looking oem looking inside with no cables showing. I wouldnā€™t think it would be that difficult. I retrofitted both my wife and I vehicles with oem wireless chargers after the fact. I think Im more looking forward to the wireless carplay than the wireless charging. Thats what stinks now is that a cable is still required for my sync 3 and her uconnect screen.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wireless carplay is AWESOME. I have it on my M2.

I like my vehicles looking oem looking inside with no cables showing. I wouldnā€™t think it would be that difficult. I retrofitted both my wife and I vehicles with oem wireless chargers after the fact. I think Im more looking forward to the wireless carplay than the wireless charging. Thats what stinks now is that a cable is still required for my sync 3 and her uconnect screen.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

...if you opted for the Lux package, lower trims won't have the power port up there. That's another question - can we easily add the upper dash power port?
https://www.bluesea.com/products/10...rger_4.8A_with_Intelligent_Device_Recognition

Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1045

I put one of these in place of a lighter socket on my JK. I have been debating putting a second in the rear of the center console for the back seat. I would think we can figure a way to put one in the upper dash in the void where the center B&O speaker goes. Just need to find a route to the ACC power the Lux charger hooks into.

I am curious if @flip or @BBSanctuary can figure out from the parts system where the upper dash charger and wireless charging pad plug in, and whether those are on the Mid/High harness and are thus easily added.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been putting wireless pads in my car for years and I donā€™t even have a convenient little spot for it like the Bronco has. I intend to just drop a wireless pad in that spot. It wonā€™t be built in but I expect it will be perfect for what I need.

Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1045
I did this on my Audi; it didnā€™t have the wireless charger built-in, but I bought a wireless charging pad and put it in the centre arm rest where there was a USB plug to power it. Worked awesome, and the vehicle reminded me when I got out of the car if I had forgotten my phone in the vehicle - Idiot proof. And yes, I purchased an Audi-branded wireless charging pad to ensure I gained an extra 5 HP as well.

I would imagine this charging pad in a more visible spot (not inside the centre arm rest) would make it less likely to forget your phone in the vehicle.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm sure if you partially disassemble the centre console, you'd be able to put in a charger under on of the rubberized pad you could put in the charger that's hooked up to the usb or something. i was thinking that instead of having a dock cluttering up the dash.

Sponsored

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still ass hurt over that upper dash port being locked behind the lux package.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but it shouldn't be too difficult to hide a cord and make it look decent.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bluesea.com/products/10...rger_4.8A_with_Intelligent_Device_Recognition

1045.png

I put one of these in place of a lighter socket on my JK. I have been debating putting a second in the rear of the center console for the back seat. I would think we can figure a way to put one in the upper dash in the void where the center B&O speaker goes. Just need to find a route to the ACC power the Lux charger hooks into.

I am curious if @flip or @BBSanctuary can figure out from the parts system where the upper dash charger and wireless charging pad plug in, and whether those are on the Mid/High harness and are thus easily added.
Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623945614674

Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623945669180

1623946105089.png

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623946105089
I use these at home and have thought about it in my vehicle, but donā€™t they have to be in a pretty specific spot? I feel like a lot of time it wouldnā€™t actually be charging if it moves while you drive.
Sponsored