Sponsored

Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, have we gotten to a point in this world where we can't simply plug the phone in and need a wireless pad in the car šŸ˜…
Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623946681192

if not there are wireless charger/phone holders
Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623946770466
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeouch on the price, but you could buy the Wireless Charging module and add it in.

So @flip, where does the upper dash Lux power port plug in? The one that is part of that center B&O speaker up by the windshield.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Damn, have we gotten to a point in this world where we can't simply plug the phone in and need a wireless pad in the car šŸ˜…

if not there are wireless charger/phone holders
I knowā€”I can do a lot of plugging and unplugging for $600!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like my vehicles looking oem looking inside with no cables showing. I wouldnā€™t think it would be that difficult. I retrofitted both my wife and I vehicles with oem wireless chargers after the fact. I think Im more looking forward to the wireless carplay than the wireless charging. Thats what stinks now is that a cable is still required for my sync 3 and her uconnect screen.

Wireless Carplay is great but be forewarned, it's a little slower. I have wired in my 2021 Ranger Tremor and wireless in my 2021 Audi Q7.. You'll notice a slight pause before your command is registered with the wireless. Its not much, but its there.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeouch on the price, but you could buy the Wireless Charging module and add it in.

So @flip, where does the upper dash Lux power port plug in? The one that is part of that center B&O speaker up by the windshield.
Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623951689771

Ford Bronco Retrofit Wireless Cellphone Charging Pad? 1623951747716

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OK - so IF the same wiring harness is used and those connectors are there, theoretically you can buy the wireless charger and add it.

Depending on the connector part, we probably can drill the right diameter hole in the blank that fills the B&O center dashtop speaker location, and retrofit that too, if not it is certainly possible to add the Bluesea one.

I'll have to go fishing for connectors once I get my Bronco.

Also thinking about swapping the driver side visor out for a Homelink one....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The High does not have a wireless charger, itā€™s exclusive to the Lux package.

Also for those looking to do this, the spot where the wireless charger goes is premolded with the hole cut so on non Lux models there is just a plastic block off piece installed in place of the charging pad. At least thatā€™s how it has been up until this point. If no longer that way it still wouldnā€™t be hard to install the oem pieces, just need to power it.
Thatā€™s what it says now and what makes the most sense, but in the early days of B&P it said otherwise.

Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use these at home and have thought about it in my vehicle, but donā€™t they have to be in a pretty specific spot? I feel like a lot of time it wouldnā€™t actually be charging if it moves while you drive.
I started doing this when my charging port on my old phone stopped working and to answer your question directly: yeah kinda. Until I bought the new iPhone with the magnetic charger and it is now a total non issue. The port on this phone works but Iā€™ve gotten used to this now.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, we sure have. I know I would get annoyed every time I get into my wife's vehicle and she had the cable draped around the shifter, wedged between her seat and console or a frayed cable. I said enough...and just installed the wireless charger. Only problem is, she doesn't like her phone in the console, so she still uses a cable. :rolleyes: