Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The interior is what has me wanting another build similar to WT.. Not only I don't like the camo but I didn't like the A51 accents and tan dash colors and if I'm gonna upgrade to leather seats Id be better off going BL and getting the marine vinyl.. My qualm with simply going to a BL optioned the same as the WT is I lose the BAJA and SPORT modes that I would actually use, there not deal breakers, but i would USE them. Whereas, I will never use rock crawl or the sway disconnect...

I feel like if I could retrofit the interior or driving modes, the driving modes would be the easiest to add in later down the road... That is if it becomes possible with tuning.. Starting to think the BL is better in every way unless you actually like the WT interior or you have to have the 2 driving modes.

How possible would it be for the aftermarket to tune in the BAJA and SPORT modes on the BL? Doable? No chance?

EDIT: Baja comes with the BL? .
Well this makes my choice easier. No black mod top and ugly interior on WT. BL with Baja it is.

Is the WT even relevant anymore?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT has Sport, while BL has Baja, but Baja is just Sport with 4WD. I would assume there is a way to "unselect" 4WD after selecting Baja. So, if that is possible, BL has Sport and Baja!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
RACERED-WT

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT has Sport, while BL has Baja, but Baja is just Sport with 4WD. I would assume there is a way to "unselect" 4WD after selecting Baja. So, if that is possible, BL has Sport and Baja!
Thank you, I didn't even know the differences! Sounds like a win. What is a WT even good for?

OP
OP
RACERED-WT

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you are concerned about modes. The good news is you can hack your car and get whatever insane mode you want

there are guys that have tuned their 2.7L to 500hp
I have a race car already ?.. I honestly didn't even know what Baja mode is. For me I wanted the modes more because I would NOT use rock crawl.. but hey looks like BL has Baja too and is better all around now that the black mod top is out for the WT

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless they did something else for the Bronco, sport mode and Baja are not the same. Sport mode does not disable abs and tc which are less desirable offroad

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless they did something else for the Bronco, sport mode and Baja are not the same. Sport mode does not disable abs and tc which are less desirable offroad
Ford Bronco RETROFITTING BAJA/SPORT MODES?? 01722A28-1B3A-4F7D-A62C-B4159A780B7E

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I seriously doubt there will be a "hack" to add or alter the modes. In the 4 years that the Gen-2 Raptor has been out it hasn't been done. That said with tuning you may be able to replicate the Sport mode. The Baja mode is quite different than the Sport. Aside from the 2H vs 4H, Baja keeps the rpm's up which in turn keeps the turbos spooled. The driving characteristics are very different. I use Sport mode daily on the street. I have also tried Baja in 2H on the street. Not a fan of Baja on the street at all. In the dirt Baja can be a lot of fun providing you are running in open areas and not on tight trails.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Focus RS had an additional drive mode that could be unlocked with FORScan. It was a custom mode that would save whatever drive settings you wanted. I would not be surprised if something like that were to eventually happen with these drive modes.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you can turn on Baja and just turn off 4H. But it's probably like B&P, try to change one thing, it totally removes everything else.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport is NOT just a 2WD Baja. We know that the Baja mode specifically alters traction control to allow for more slippage in sand (from an engineer at an event and Levine). We believe that Sport is intended for pavement and traction control is tuned appropriately.

I really wish people would stop pointing to that chart as gospel on GOAT modes. It was a guess made by a forum member, and we know that some of it is not accurate. (For example, it lists Baja as completely disabling traction control.)

As to the OP's question, I'll admit I've been wondering if it will be possible to enable Sport mode on a Badlands via Forscan or some other means. As far as we know, there is no mechanical reason BL shouldn't be able to make use of the Sport mode. Even if there is some software limitation only allowing us to have 7 modes, I'm sure many would gladly trade Eco for Sport.

Thinking about this more, I wonder if they only set up Sport mode for use with 32s or 35s, and that's why it's not available on the BL?
Sponsored