Sponsored

Retrofitting Big Bend grille and signature lighting to Base later?

Appzilla

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d like to order the Base + Sasquatch for the value as it has the interior scheme I like and I don’t need a lot of other features. But, I love the BB grille and the signature lights. Anyone willing to offer an educated guess on feasibility and cost to add as parts later?
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grill will be 5-800 lights and harness are going to run you 2-3k.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Grille feasibility 100%. They even mentioned swapping out grilles in the SEMA video.

Lights really should be a straight swap (there is a pic with one of each on a Bronco), but we don’t 100% yet that the wiring or programming doesn’t require more to do the swap. They are both LED, so that should help. Big Bend is not that much more than a Base. If you are needing to price in this swap, it’s even less.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Grille feasibility 100%. They even mentioned swapping out grilles in the SEMA video.

Lights really should be a straight swap (there is a pic with one of each on a Bronco), but we don’t 100% yet that the wiring or programming doesn’t require more to do the swap. They are both LED, so that should help. Big Bend is not that much more than a Base. If you are needing to price in this swap, it’s even less.
I think we heard this week the harnesses are different between signature and standard lights. Based on someone who works for the company that is making the headlights.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

There will be conversion harness, if not I bet they can be fabricated easy enough.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grill no problem. Lights will be expensive and hard to find for 1-2 years. Let someone else try it first. Easy enough eventually.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

agreed they should make sig lights as an option for every trim

I suspect aftermarket will have a few options, but not true signature lights at a decent price
don't think a straight up swap to sig lights is going to be that easy

if that important to you, yeah you may want to think about BB

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No! If you want a $150 BB grille, just pay the extra 5 grand like the rest of us! jk ;)

OP
OP
Appzilla

Appzilla

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
agreed they should make sig lights as an option for every trim

I suspect aftermarket will have a few options, but not true signature lights at a decent price
don't think a straight up swap to sig lights is going to be that easy

if that important to you, yeah you may want to think about BB
Good advice. Thank you.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think we heard this week the harnesses are different between signature and standard lights. Based on someone who works for the company that is making the headlights.
Yes, Ashley's cousin works for the manufacturer of the lights and mentioned the different harness for the headlights. She was going to ask about the tails.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d like to order the Base + Sasquatch for the value as it has the interior scheme I like and I don’t need a lot of other features. But, I love the BB grille and the signature lights. Anyone willing to offer an educated guess on feasibility and cost to add as parts later?
I've settled on Base Squatch 2.7, but want Sig lights and prefer BB grille. Can't wrap my head around paying an extra $5k for the light and grille. The Base will give me 100% of what I need, and I'll feel better about getting a good deal.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one who thinks the base has the best grille and standard lights > sig lights?
You are not! I originally reserved Black Diamond but I didn’t want swamp ass seats and a gear ratio that would put me at 2500rpm at 60mph. Toyed with OBX for about a minute but I hate almost everything about it except the heated steering wheel. So then I was set on a Big Bend for the mid package but after I discovered that I could get heated seats professionally installed for cheap, all the sudden I no longer wanted to pay $6k for a grill I hate. So I ordered a Base. If Ford hadn’t screwed this up so badly they could have gotten another $15k out of me. Stupid assholes, I hope they feel dumb.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm just going to paint the letters on the base grill red to match. Should add an extra hp.
Sponsored