Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do we think the odds of the LED lighting package from the Badlands and Outerbanks will be able to be retrofitted to the lower tier models? I know the Wrangler’s taillights are plug and play from halogen to LED but the headlights need an extra wire. Really like the look of the LED accents but not enough to jump from Black Diamond to Badlands.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know it's silly but LEDs are one of those must have features for me. The idea that any modern car still uses incandescent bulbs is beyond me. With the higher heat and higher load already required on vehicles that tend to be electronically demanding already, it just doesn't make sense.

For example, my Wife/kid kept leaving the dome lights on and it would kill the battery. Each bulb pulled like 2amps IIRC. I replaced all 4 with LED's that added up to just 1 of the incandescent and now they can leave the dome lights on for days and it won't kill the battery.

As for your topic.. my guess is that you could retro fit, but chances are the Aftermarket will solve that problem. I'm just glad the headlights are LED standard across the board. My wife's car has normal headlights, mine has LEDs and man what a difference!

OP
OP
JTBros

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto, if the LED headlights weren’t standard then I may think to make the step up but figured the aftermarket would also have options. Other gripe is no option of B&O sound system but I’m sure the aftermarket will take care of that too. Or Ford will make both of these purchasable as accessories.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My question is why have halogens unless you’re going to upgrade them. Halogens are pathetic compared to LED. :poop:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditto, if the LED headlights weren’t standard then I may think to make the step up but figured the aftermarket would also have options. Other gripe is no option of B&O sound system but I’m sure the aftermarket will take care of that too. Or Ford will make both of these purchasable as accessories.

I sure hope so... I want 1 item from the High Package (the better Infotainment), and 2 items from the Lux (B&O and Adaptive Cruise)... would be nice to at least have the option of picking up the premium sound by itself then I could live without the Adaptive Cruise if needed.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What accent lights are you talking about?

OP
OP
JTBros

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What accent lights are you talking about?
The ones that go around the headlights and through the grille. Along with the LED taillights.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LED headlights are a must for me. In fact I hope the trim levels without signature lighting use a standard 7" bucket. I'll be throwing some JW Speakers in there to replace the stock LEDs. As far as the signature lighting and all forms of LED DRLS, I'm kinda over them. Every vehicle has them now. And if they burn out completely or even just a section it looks silly and is pretty costly to get replaced.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed - LED/HID is table stakes at this point. Even in my 15 Fusion - I was stunned and disappointed at the halogen projector headlights - so much so that I spent $900 on a set of after market HID with DRL/turnsignal switchbacks. Absolutely astonishing that with HID's debuting in the late 90s that a car in 2015 or now in 2021 wouldn't be equipped with HID at a minimum but LED as well.
Sponsored