First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It looks like my budget is gonna be topped out at a 4 door Big Bend after I add my desired 2.7 v6, mid package (maybe), and hard top. The one thing I really would want is vinyl seating. For the easier cleaning.

Having no experience with such things, how much would getting the interior cloth seating redone with vinyl?
Sponsored

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought I saw vinyl would be available on all trim levels somewhere, but who knows how accurate that is.

I had a friend who had neoprene seat covers on her CR-V that were pretty impressive. Iā€™d probably go in that direction over reupholstering.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends on options.

I've added aftermarket leather for 600 bucks and I've added aftermarket leather for 3,000 bucks.

Vinyl may sound cheaper, but these days, it's of high quality and probably comparable to leather in price.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like my budget is gonna be topped out at a 4 door Big Bend after I add my desired 2.7 v6, mid package (maybe), and hard top. The one thing I really would want is vinyl seating. For the easier cleaning.

Having no experience with such things, how much would getting the interior cloth seating redone with vinyl?
The one of the things I DON'T like about the Badlands is the vinyl seating. Vinyl seats on anything is pretty unbearable, but especially in a convertible. My RV has "high end" vinyl captain chairs, and I have to sit on one of those stupid beaded seat covers. My Convertible Chrysler had black faux leather seats and it was murder. Vinyl only belongs on boats, where you just don't have to stay seated all that often.

On a convertible you don't want anything vinyl or anything black. It looks like Ford is only making dark colored upholstery available, which is a real oversight for a convertible.

I'll probably be reupholstering to a light color sunbrella type fabric or leather. Then water resistant seat covers for mudding days and subsequent washouts.

Also vinyl will not last and if it rips or tears it looks like garbage. Leather if cared for will at least look patina.

Sponsored

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Raptor, ā€˜17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would go for seat covers as well. I have neoprene Skanda Digital Camo seat covers in the back seat of my truck for the dog and they work amazingly well. Theyā€™re custom fit to each vehicle and install/uninstall fairly easily.
Just prided them out for a new Rubicon, Iā€™d imagine the Bronco will be priced similarly- $210 for the front seats and $210 for the back. Iā€™ll be getting these for my Badlands to cover the vinyl seats.

https://www.coverking.com/printed-c...gler-rubicon.html?noforce=1&nopromo=1#vselect

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would probably be cheaper just to move up to a black diamond just get what you want you going to be financing anyways. Why buy a new vehicle just to butcher the interior and get stuff done and none of that stuff is cheap if done wright. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
ndegnan1992

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It would probably be cheaper just to move up to a black diamond just get what you want you going to be financing anyways. Why buy a new vehicle just to butcher the interior and get stuff done and none of that stuff is cheap if done wright. Just my 2 cents
That makes total sense. I will be financing, but only to a point. Iā€™m gonna be putting around 15k down, and would like to limit my loan to under 30k to fit comfortably within my budget.

Iā€™m not super familiar with higher end seat covers, but it looks like thatā€™s most likely the proper way to go.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That makes total sense. I will be financing, but only to a point. Iā€™m gonna be putting around 15k down, and would like to limit my loan to under 30k to fit comfortably within my budget.

Iā€™m not super familiar with higher end seat covers, but it looks like thatā€™s most likely the proper way to go.
Thatā€™s a nice amount to put down I myself plain on putting 15 down at least minimum thereā€™s a lot of time before now and June when it delivers or later. Iā€™m probably going to trade my gti in too as I donā€™t need 2 vehichles. I like the big be d a lot I would wait for the options to go live on ford website hopefully you will be able to add vinyl as an option to the big bend if thatā€™s what you want. All the bronco trims are beautiful in my eyes thatā€™s were ford hit a home room they offered something for everyone with out changing the look of each bronco

OP
OP
ndegnan1992

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thatā€™s a nice amount to put down I myself plain on putting 15 down at least minimum thereā€™s a lot of time before now and June when it delivers or later. Iā€™m probably going to trade my gti in too as I donā€™t need 2 vehichles. I like the big be d a lot I would wait for the options to go live on ford website hopefully you will be able to add vinyl as an option to the big bend if thatā€™s what you want. All the bronco trims are beautiful in my eyes thatā€™s were ford hit a home room they offered something for everyone with out changing the look of each bronco
Iā€™m taking the advice from the guys who have had vinyl before as I have not. It would be logical that it wouldnā€™t be ideal in the heat with the roof off.. Iā€™d love to be able to see it in person BEFORE making a final decision.

Sponsored

Whelan007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I payed $1350 including install for Katzkin. Was cheaper than factory on JL. Allows custon colors, two tone and logos. To me better than factory on the Jeep.
Ford Bronco Reupholstery cost? Jee

Whelan007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also with Jeep you could get Katzkin done through your dealer and include it in auto price.
Sponsored