Sponsored

Reverse cam/blue screen turning on when offroading?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if anybody else experiences this… I have a mid package without the 360 camera. However, I’ve noticed recently that when offroading, the reverse cam and/or a blue screen kicks on and doesn’t go away until I stop and restart the Bronco. Only for it to return within the next 5 minutes.

seems like a loose ground or module connection but I’m not sure. I’m hesitant to take it to a dealer because It’s not easily reproducible, and even if it was, what’re they gonna do if there’s no TSB.

It usually happens when I’m in 4H/4L (I don’t usually mess with any of the GOAT modes), and a bit after the suspension starts to put in some work
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wondering if anybody else experiences this… I have a mid package without the 360 camera. However, I’ve noticed recently that when offroading, the reverse cam and/or a blue screen kicks on and doesn’t go away until I stop and restart the Bronco. Only for it to return within the next 5 minutes.

seems like a loose ground or module connection but I’m not sure. I’m hesitant to take it to a dealer because It’s not easily reproducible, and even if it was, what’re they gonna do if there’s no TSB.

It usually happens when I’m in 4H/4L (I don’t usually mess with any of the GOAT modes), and a bit after the suspension starts to put in some work
Good morning! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these camera and screen error concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was happening to me and several others, repeatedly, at the off rodeo in NH. Anytime you shifted past reverse In the auto, the backup camera would come up. Sometimes it would go away as you shift past reverse, other times it wouldn't.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once, the parking brake engaged on its own as I was slowing down in M2 (about 2-3mph). Other people were also having e brake issues (not working at all) but I was the only one whose bronco auto skidded to a complete stop while in gear. Hopefully a software patch will correct these issues

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had the same thing happen to me once.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this possibly related to anyone having the rear view camera delay turned on?

I have mine on. When you turn it on, the reverse camera stays on permanently unless you close it manually or go fast enough for it to turn itself off. Also putting it in park or setting the ebrake turns it off.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was happening to me and several others, repeatedly, at the off rodeo in NH. Anytime you shifted past reverse In the auto, the backup camera would come up. Sometimes it would go away as you shift past reverse, other times it wouldn't.
It's weird because I don't ever get this on the road. It's only when the suspension starts to work on the rocks that the reverse cam/blue screen comes up out of nowhere. Even if I haven't been in reverse for a few hours before driving to the trailhead.
Is this possibly related to anyone having the rear view camera delay turned on?

I have mine on. When you turn it on, the reverse camera stays on permanently unless you close it manually or go fast enough for it to turn itself off. Also putting it in park or setting the ebrake turns it off.
I don't have this setting on, didn't know it was even a thing in the Bronco. Camera goes away as soon as I shift out of reverse (auto).

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello! Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thanks!
Sponsored