First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm trading in my 2009 F-150 for this Bronco whenever Ford sees it fit to delivery it to me. Question I have is, my truck reverse lights were(are) TERRIBLE. I ended up purchasing a "White Night" reverse lights kit that mounts around my trailer hitch and turns on when I out the vehicle in reverse. It's been good but it looks pretty outdated and sorta tacky. I'm not a big light bar guy, I don't really like the aesthetic.

What other options are out there that are more modern looking and will:
A. Look Decent
B. Perform Well
C. Power on automatically when in reverse
D. Last

Thanks,
Cliff

Edit: price is not a concern
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on the bulb, but I usually replace mine with the next wattage rating up. It will be easy to add rear lights as well since the aux switches are pre wired. I like additional lights with a separate switch so they can be turned on any time you need light.

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on the bulb, but I usually replace mine with the next wattage rating up. It will be easy to add rear lights as well since the aux switches are pre wired. I like additional lights with a separate switch so they can be turned on any time you need light.
I understand that, I’d rather not have to flip a switch every time I want to reverse.

I also have no experience with LED tail lights, so, I’m hoping they are bright.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand that, I’d rather not have to flip a switch every time I want to reverse.

I also have no experience with LED tail lights, so, I’m hoping they are bright.
If they aren’t bright enough, and they probably aren’t, superbright or someone else will have a higher watt rating replacement.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a set of plug-and-play LED lights on my Jeep JK. Plug directly into the factory harness and come on with the reverse lights. (There is a provision for wiring in a switch also.) Bolt to existing mounting points under the bumper

Im sure aftermarket will be quick to offer similar items for the Bronco, as they already offer them for a myriad of makes and models.

You can see the left on in this picture. Right one is obscured by the step
Ford Bronco Reverse Lights 797EB8CE-60EA-4FF3-8F35-06DE8B098029

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are there brands people recommend?

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relays are really handy for this type of install. You can wire it up to activate your backup light with the factory lights and tie it into an auxiliary switch as well. I am a big fan of the Rigid LED's and they have a lot of options as far as output, beam pattern, size, and color.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What could be really slick is a light disc that clips in behind the spare and shines thru. Not sure what kind of a spread pattern you'd be able to achieve - but if you wanted to hide the lights that's the easiest place to do it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What could be really slick is a light disc that clips in behind the spare and shines thru. Not sure what kind of a spread pattern you'd be able to achieve - but if you wanted to hide the lights that's the easiest place to do it.
Half of the work has been done here. Now it would be a matter of a) changing it from brake light to backup light and b) changing the lights to a more powerful and focused set of beams.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On my Tacoma I have 2 rigid ignite lights installed in the rear bumper, wired so they come on with the regular back up lights, they are awesome. Haven't seen a good way to do that on the new Bronco. The rear bumper doesn't look to have enough room to the left of the license plate to recess mount one light (with the other one on the far right side no problem). The 2 angled areas below and to the sides of the spare tire are taken up with back up sensors. I'm not sure how a symmetrical mounting of two lights can be recessed into the rear bumper. Could always mount one or two over on the right side, but that would look odd. Someone might mount some lights in the openings of the spare tire, like has been done on some Wranglers. I'm waiting to see what the aftermarket comes out with. Possibly one very small led light bar mounted in the center under the spare tire? I haven't figured it out yet.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: something like the Denali "DRL visibility pods" might work, maybe 2 of them mounted horizontally on the bumper
in the middle under the spare. They're about 4 1/2" long x 1" high x 1/2" thick. Not the best, but they should be easy to surface mount, about $50 each. not too bad to replace if they get smashed, and mostly out of the way.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The reverse lights on Ranger with the BLIS package (LED tail lights) are quite bright, great dispersion and do an excellent job of lighting the area where the camera captures.

I am expecting the LED tails on Bronco to also be excellent as they appear to be comparable LED configuration for the white (reverse) section.

Ford Bronco Reverse Lights ford-bronco-2021-119[1]

Ford Bronco Reverse Lights 2019-ford-ranger[1]
Sponsored