Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone,

I am currently contemplating ordering a 2022 Bronco (either Badlands or Wildtrax with the Sasquatch package) in Eruption Green and I am cross shopping the Land Rover Defender 110 and the upcoming Rivian R1S. I went for a 1 hour test drive at my local dealer and loved the car. My current (and only daily driver) is a Porsche 911S and I'm looking to get a daily driver that can handle all weather conditions.

I've read a ton of reviews on the Bronco and critics seem to be split on the interior - some criticize the use of cheap plastics and vinyl seats while others celebrate the utiltarian function of it all. In my mind it makes sense to use more plastics/vinyl in the interior because you want a rugged truck that can handle all elements. The Rivian, for example, uses vegan leather and everything is washable as well.

My question for current owners is whether you're satisfied overall with the interior fit & finish of your Bronco and whether you have any major/minor gripes. The exterior styling is clearly a home run for Ford. I was able to test drive a Bronco with leather & carpet, but I was unable to see one with marine-grade vinyl and washable floors that seem to be the preferred options.

Thanks everyone!

Josh
Sponsored

Reactions: abe

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey everyone,

I am currently contemplating ordering a 2022 Bronco (either Badlands or Wildtrax with the Sasquatch package) in Eruption Green and I am cross shopping the Land Rover Defender 110 and the upcoming Rivian R1S. I went for a 1 hour test drive at my local dealer and loved the car. My current (and only daily driver) is a Porsche 911S and I'm looking to get a daily driver that can handle all weather conditions.

I've read a ton of reviews on the Bronco and critics seem to be split on the interior - some criticize the use of cheap plastics and vinyl seats while others celebrate the utiltarian function of it all. In my mind it makes sense to use more plastics/vinyl in the interior because you want a rugged truck that can handle all elements. The Rivian, for example, uses vegan leather and everything is washable as well.

My question for current owners is whether you're satisfied overall with the interior fit & finish of your Bronco and whether you have any major/minor gripes. The exterior styling is clearly a home run for Ford. I was able to test drive a Bronco with leather & carpet, but I was unable to see one with marine-grade vinyl and washable floors that seem to be the preferred options.

Thanks everyone!

Josh
I have the Black Diamond with the vinyl seats and washout floors. I love the interior. The seats are very comfortable. I don't know what Vegan leather is, but the vinyl seats feel a bit like leather.

I live by the beach and wanted something that could get wet and sandy and not have to worry too much about it. One afternoon, had the top down and drove through a bit of rain. Just wiped the water on the seats onto the floor and it was good. Definitely wouldn't want leather/wood for how we use it.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my Badlands Lux MGV interior a lot after 3 days of ownership, especially all of the switchgear. That said, I may be easy to please - my next newest car is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vegan leather is probably about like the hide from a Nauga. Never see one of the critters.

Naugahyde is an American brand of artificial leather. Naugahyde is a composite knit fabric backing and expanded polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic coating.
I came here to make a smart-ass comment about "what the heck is vegan leather" but you beat me to it. Thank you for asking the important questions :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP

NashvilleBronco

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha - yes the term "vegan leather" is super pretentious but Tesla & Rivian love to drop it. Not sure if there is technically any difference between marine-grade vinyl & Vegan leather.

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I came here to make a smart-ass comment about "what the heck is vegan leather" but you beat me to it. Thank you for asking the important questions :ROFLMAO:
I ended up in some Vegan restaurant and ordered scrambled eggs. I guess Vegans don't eat that because I ended up with tofu coated in turmeric to make them look like eggs. I happen to like Tofu, but it was disgusting.

Colt Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had mine for a little over a month. I like the MGV, but definitely need a bikini top if you are going to roll with the top back. You could fry bacon on these seats if left in the sun.

Cheap plastics don't really bother me that much because of the type of vehicle it is, but there are definitely some let-downs. No cupholders or vents in the back when the lowest tier Jeep has these. Even on a 2-door.

There are some QC issues as well. The trim around the shifter that has the front cupholders is a flimsy piece of plastic, and I cannot get this thing to sit flush against the armrest. I've unscrewed the whole thing and tried to reseat the clips, but there is still a gap between the armrest and the trim on one side.

The cargo area being hard plastic is a strange choice as well. I bought the rubber liner for the cargo area so stuff doesn't slide all over the place.

Ending on a positive, even with the cheap interior it is still a nice place to be. With the top up it's pretty quiet even on the highway. MGV seats are extremely comfortable (except when left in the sun) for driving longer distances.

Sponsored

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've driven two different 2021 Defenders, own a Volvo XC90 and a Badlands Lux with Leather. The Badlands interior matches the use case of the vehicle. As others have said, it's not a luxury interior but I have zero issues with it. The leather is soft and the seats are comfortable.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine for a little over a month. I like the MGV, but definitely need a bikini top if you are going to roll with the top back. You could fry bacon on these seats if left in the sun.

Cheap plastics don't really bother me that much because of the type of vehicle it is, but there are definitely some let-downs. No cupholders or vents in the back when the lowest tier Jeep has these. Even on a 2-door.

There are some QC issues as well. The trim around the shifter that has the front cupholders is a flimsy piece of plastic, and I cannot get this thing to sit flush against the armrest. I've unscrewed the whole thing and tried to reseat the clips, but there is still a gap between the armrest and the trim on one side.

The cargo area being hard plastic is a strange choice as well. I bought the rubber liner for the cargo area so stuff doesn't slide all over the place.

Ending on a positive, even with the cheap interior it is still a nice place to be. With the top up it's pretty quiet even on the highway. MGV seats are extremely comfortable (except when left in the sun) for driving longer distances.
Couldn't have said it better, I haven't noticed any QC issues with my BL yet (not to say they're not there), but everything else I agree with 100%.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Vegan Leather is just marketing polish for Fake Leather. It'd the shit BMW and Merc used to sell in their cheap base models as "leatherette". No its not, it's just fake. At least ford has the sense to call it active x seating and not pretend it's leather when they do that.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the MGV is a pleasant surprise. I only got my BL yesterday but spent a good amount of time in and out, its more comfortable than I would've imagined. The "cheap plastics" are there but reading this forum I thought they would be worse than they actually are, not bad considering the demographic and intended use.

I think the Jeeps are a better overall fit and finish at the various touchpoints throughout but considering the entire Bronco package I have no complaints at this early stage with mine. It is no Land Rover by any stretch, I have zero doubts about that but Im sure you feel the same.
Sponsored