Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

So I don’t have my Bronco yet, but the Cargo Area Security Drawer I ordered arrived, so I thought I’d share some pictures and my initial thoughts. After reading some posts on here, it helped me make a decision on this. I’m also happy to answer any questions, however please note I don’t have a tape measure as I’m in the middle of moving, so anything but measurements lol.

If you’re curious, yes, this fits pretty well in the back of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk! This is where it’ll live until I get my Bronco. I always struggle with storage space, and in a vehicle that will be able to have the roof/doors removed, secure storage space is a must.

First impressions when I picked this up: Holy crap, this thing is heavy! It can be lifted by one person, but it is definitely a quality build. I was half expecting it to have a dent or something in it from shipping… nope! Not only does it have a solid build, but it locks (comes with two keys), and you must push the locking cylinder in to slide it open. When you go to install it in your Bronco, you slide out the drawer, and secure it to the tie-down points in your cargo area. You can then re-locate those tie-down points to the top of this box.

One important note: The rubber cargo mat will not fit on top of this box! I tried; it’s much too big and overhangs significantly. I will be looking at another option shortly, as the box will scratch easily if you put stuff on top.

Inside the box, I put all my stuff. Yes, I carry a handheld vacuum! Don’t hate. I found it to be very user friendly for organizing my stuff, and the inside dividers are customizable/removable. You can see the notches in one of the pictures below that shows where you can move the dividers to.

Now that all my stuff is inside, how does it perform?

I went on a 5 hour drive the other day, and forgot it was back there! I was expecting to hear rattling, stuff moving around, etc. Now keep in mind, the box isn’t secured to the cargo floor in my Jeep. However, it didn’t make a sound. The inside front edge of the storage box has a rubber piece to prevent the drawer from slamming shut and making a loud noise/prevent the drawer from scratching. You’ll see in my pictures they installed little rubber pieces on the dividers and on the drawer edge to keep it quiet - Brilliant! The floor is carpeted, and my stuff didn’t slide around (may be due to my OCD organizational packing as well). But it was awesome!

Absolutely recommend this. Great quality, easy to setup, and it’s not too tall (IMO) - Perfect for getting the essentials in, but shouldn’t completely take up all your cargo space.

Hope this helps someone else make a decision on this. I’m super impressed by it so far!

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer BF0C8B89-8754-4181-9B22-8729621B972C

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 256AB9F3-1166-450C-97B1-04331E9C1566

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 5F5CD6BF-188A-4AF3-9FFD-C4D8D4EC33AE

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer E5569C20-DB53-4D24-A3BC-F0CB4CF54F2B

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer F6CEE05D-F9A2-47EF-B4D1-1A362F2376B0

Quick update:

I wanted something to put on the top to prevent scratching. I ended up going to Home Depot to pick-up some 4 mm thick commercial rubber matting. It’s anti-slip and was easy to cut.

I didn’t even need to use double-sided tape or anything; it holds in place on its own. I will end up putting some double sided tape eventually, but want to wait to cut out the corners for the tie-down anchors once I install them.

I’m happy with the end result!

P.s. - Don’t mind the green rag tied to the handle of the box. I used a tie-down to secure the box so it doesn’t slide around on the carpet of my Jeep.

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer CB112501-CE72-45D5-9CEA-75A696536577
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 3FE1F365-95C5-4BAF-9749-9D639799B5E8

Update (24/12/21):

Just wanted to share a quick update on this, finally installed in my Bronco. I’ve also notched out the rubber mat on top so it fits around the tie down points. I think it turned out great!

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer E79B6323-CD19-44F0-8818-6C0EF7171370

Update:

I received an email back from Tuffy on the drawer not opening 100% of the way. I thought I’d share their response for others experiencing the same thing:

With the weight of the drawer itself, it would be too much forward weight on the slide if the drawer came out completely. That being said, the divider kit on the inside is adjustable so you should be able to move that around to accommodate the 15% - 20% of the drawer that remains in the cabinet when slid out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Appreciate the review. I’ve got one on order as well and plan to attach a fridge/freezer slide to the top. How much room would you estimate is available between the top and the drawer components to accommodate bolts/nuts without interfering with the drawer sliding in and out? Looks like maybe around 1/2” from the pics, but curious what you think. Estimate is fine…no tape measure needed.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the review. I’ve got one on order as well and plan to attach a fridge/freezer slide to the top. How much room would you estimate is available between the top and the drawer components to accommodate bolts/nuts without interfering with the drawer sliding in and out? Looks like maybe around 1/2” from the pics, but curious what you think. Estimate is fine…no tape measure needed.
I took a picture “inside” the box… Man that was awkward lol.

Hope this helps. I’d guess it’s about 1.5 fingers (or 2 pineapple slices) between the top of the box and the top of the edge of the drawer (if that makes sense)? I do think you’ll be able to install your sliders, just need to be cautious on too long of a bolt.

While bending like a pretzel for this picture, I found that the front edge of the inside of the drawer also has a cushion, so even if the drawer slides shut quickly, it won’t slam or scratch. Nice touch!

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer CAAEBF12-FEDF-4AF7-9C5C-258335218887

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least your mini vacuum is safe now ;)

Thanks for the pic, even in the other vehicle, gives perspective on how much real estate in involves

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least your mini vacuum is safe now ;)

Thanks for the pic, even in the other vehicle, gives perspective on how much real estate in involves
I knew I was going to catch some crap for that vacuum LOL. Hey, I just like a clean vehicle, what can I say :)

Sponsored

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2013 Traverse, 2007 Mustang Conv.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any chance you know the approx dimensions for the drawer. My question is will a rifle fit in the drawer.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the Ford accessories site really jacked up the price on this thing. Parts suppliers thankfully haven't followed suit. Yet.

I think I want one, but I'm not getting anything for my Bronco until I at least have a VIN. Really hoping the price doesn't go up before then.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you know the approx dimensions for the drawer. My question is will a rifle fit in the drawer.
A 10.5” SBR certainly should.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without a tape measure, I’m not sure, sorry. Just eye balling it, I don’t think your average rifle will fit, even at an angle. Unless you had a sawed-off shotgun or something lol.

Keep in mind the drawer itself is slightly narrower than the box itself, so it’s a bit misleading.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the Ford accessories site really jacked up the price on this thing. Parts suppliers thankfully haven't followed suit. Yet.

I think I want one, but I'm not getting anything for my Bronco until I at least have a VIN. Really hoping the price doesn't go up before then.
All I will say is shop around… You don’t need to pay full MSRP on this thing.

Sponsored

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2013 Traverse, 2007 Mustang Conv.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Without a tape measure, I’m not sure, sorry. Just eye balling it, I don’t think your average rifle will fit, even at an angle. Unless you had a sawed-off shotgun or something lol.

Keep in mind the drawer itself is slightly narrower than the box itself, so it’s a bit misleading.
Thanks. I had in mind an AR with collapsing buttstock.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I will say is shop around… You don’t need to pay full MSRP on this thing.
Oh I know. That's why I mentioned that the parts places haven't jacked up the price yet. Still reasonable but I hope they don't catch on and raise the price before I get my VIN.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think you could fit the front two doors on top of this thing at an angle? seems a shame to lose the feature

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think you could fit the front two doors on top of this thing at an angle? seems a shame to lose the feature
Not a question I can answer considering this is in my Jeep Grand Cherokee right now… I’ve never even seen or sat in a Bronco yet (#CanadianProblems).

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a word of caution to anyone- these are the best you are going to get for in vehicle security. They are NOT that secure. I obviously haven't tried it on this exact model, but I have been able to open many of them with a 18" pry bar. I have opened one of these in SWAT truck that was loaded with weapons..(obviously legally and with approval of them)

don't treat these as a safe, treat them as a deterrent
Sponsored