Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A great video by @B Miller on the security drawer, if anyone is on the fence. It can be found by clicking here. Thought it might help folks reading this thread as he makes great points about the pros and cons.

Just a couple additional comments to add onto the video that might be helpful:

• The Ford cargo mat on top of the security drawer will not fit - It overhangs on the sides (I've tried it myself). His approach of covering it with some commercial rubber-type matting is the best solution - I've done the same thing. The tape/glue is optional as if you notch it out around the anchors, it'll stay in place very well. Some folks have cut up the Ford cargo mat to make it fit too, but it's an expensive option.

• At around the 7:40 mark, he mentions you can remove the "front to back" dividers, but not the "side to side" ones - You can remove the side to side ones, but you need to unbolt them. I had run with one of these removed for a while, and had no issues - If you efficiently pack the drawer, it's never been an issue with rattling or anything. Your stuff will hold the dividers in place.

• He mentions the painted mounting points that are exposed (around 3:50 in the video) - These can be covered up easily by cutting the old plastic covers. I just drilled a hole in them, and slid it on before installing the drawer itself - Super simple, and gives a clean look. It also helps keep dirt out from that exposed area. These are what mine look like now:
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_4755

Overall an awesome, helpful video (as always), but just wanted to share some personal thoughts on some of the pain points which can be solved. I've been running my drawer for about 2 years now, and have been very happy with the purchase. I'd recommend it!
Sponsored

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A great video by @B Miller on the security drawer, if anyone is on the fence. It can be found by clicking here. Thought it might help folks reading this thread as he makes great points about the pros and cons.

Just a couple additional comments to add onto the video that might be helpful:

• The Ford cargo mat on top of the security drawer will not fit - It overhangs on the sides (I've tried it myself). His approach of covering it with some commercial rubber-type matting is the best solution - I've done the same thing. The tape/glue is optional as if you notch it out around the anchors, it'll stay in place very well. Some folks have cut up the Ford cargo mat to make it fit too, but it's an expensive option.

• At around the 7:40 mark, he mentions you can remove the "front to back" dividers, but not the "side to side" ones - You can remove the side to side ones, but you need to unbolt them. I had run with one of these removed for a while, and had no issues - If you efficiently pack the drawer, it's never been an issue with rattling or anything. Your stuff will hold the dividers in place.

• He mentions the painted mounting points that are exposed (around 3:50 in the video) - These can be covered up easily by cutting the old plastic covers. I just drilled a hole in them, and slid it on before installing the drawer itself - Super simple, and gives a clean look. It also helps keep dirt out from that exposed area. These are what mine look like now:
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_4755

Overall an awesome, helpful video (as always), but just wanted to share some personal thoughts on some of the pain points which can be solved. I've been running my drawer for about 2 years now, and have been very happy with the purchase. I'd recommend it!
Thank you for sharing the video and filling in some good points. Great solutions mentioned.