Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted something to put on top of the security drawer to protect the drawer, and also to prevent cargo from sliding around. If you don't mind the offgassing smell of rubber, I found the perfect thing at Home Depot. It was a rubber mat that was about 1/4" thick with a diamond tread pattern. I'm gun shy from putting rubber flooring in my gym that has had a strong smell, so I didn't want that in a brand new vehicle. I found this cargo liner at WalMart. It was about $18. It feels like the carpet in the trunk of a car. It's pretty thin, and the carpet is backed with some kind of flexible plastic or vinyl. I mounted it to the cargo drawer with double sided tape, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
IMG_4741.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg
I put carpet on mine too - well, actually I bought an outdoor mat & cut it to fit.

Also, I've seen people complaining about the unfinished look where it bolts down. Easy fix for that - use the old caps & just drill a hole.
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer Cargo 1
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer Cargo 4
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer Cargo 5
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer Cargo 3
Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have mine installed. The handle arrived bent and paint is chipped. It is a royal PITA to install. Be sure to enjoy trying to get the nuts and washers on the bolt at the back of the drawer. Hope you have long arms and small hands. If you want to reconfigure the dividers you have to take the drawer completely out. The dividers are not padded. If you need to access your tire change kit or the hidden compartment you have to remove the drawer. Removing and reinstalling the drawer is a PITA. BTW, there is definitely something wrong with the screws provided with the kit to attach tie downs to the top. They will not tighten down. I had to use washers to get the screws tight. Oh, the bolts provided do not use the star patterned heads like the other Bronco bolts. They use a 3/8ths Allen, so you can’t use you Bronco tool kit to install the bolts to the tie downs. Brilliant. NOT WORTH $700. DO NOT BUY!

Last edited:

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! I think all but 2 of mine broke the welded nut so it would just spin.
Every single one did for me. Once it was broke free, I removed the bolt, popped the nut out, and used my own nut and washer in each position.

drose1

Outer Banks
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put carpet on mine too - well, actually I bought an outdoor mat & cut it to fit.

Also, I've seen people complaining about the unfinished look where it bolts down. Easy fix for that - use the old caps & just drill a hole.
What size is the drill bit. Need to buy from hardware store. TIA

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-Door Box
Height from carpet to top of box is 8-¾”
Height inside drawer is 4-¾”
Inside width is 32”
Inside length (front of bronco to back) is 25-¾”
Do you have measurements on the outside length front to back and width side to side? I want to make sure my fridge slide out has enough length to sit on top. Thank you!!

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello gents, I would like to buy the cargo drawer when I order my Bronco. Once the Bronco is delivered, will the cargo drawer be installed or do I have to install it myself?

How much taller is the cargo drawer then the rear seats when they are folded down? I would like to put a deepsleep Solo Mat back there.

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer Bronco 1

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello gents, I would like to buy the cargo drawer when I order my Bronco. Once the Bronco is delivered, will the cargo drawer be installed or do I have to install it myself?

How much taller is the cargo drawer then the rear seats when they are folded down? I would like to put a deepsleep Solo Mat back there.

There's some measurements shown earlier in this post, such as this one. You'll need to install it yourself, unless you work something out with your dealership. It's easy to install though. One thing to keep in mind is you will lose access to your under the floor storage area, so you may want to relocate your jack. It's a bit of a pain to remove the drawer to access this area, especially in an emergency.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cargo 1.jpg
Cargo 4.jpg
Cargo 5.jpg
Cargo 3.jpg
I ended up removing my security drawer temporarily for an installation of something else, and I figured now’s the time to do this.

When you did this, did you end up doing just the ones closest to the cargo door, or did you do all 4 so it was an even height for the security drawer? Any issues with the added plastic being there and installing the drawer? I know it’s a minimal amount added but was wondering if you had any issues.

Thanks!

Last edited:

panamint1234

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks,

So I don’t have my Bronco yet, but the Cargo Area Security Drawer I ordered arrived, so I thought I’d share some pictures and my initial thoughts. After reading some posts on here, it helped me make a decision on this. I’m also happy to answer any questions, however please note I don’t have a tape measure as I’m in the middle of moving, so anything but measurements lol.

If you’re curious, yes, this fits pretty well in the back of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk! This is where it’ll live until I get my Bronco. I always struggle with storage space, and in a vehicle that will be able to have the roof/doors removed, secure storage space is a must.

First impressions when I picked this up: Holy crap, this thing is heavy! It can be lifted by one person, but it is definitely a quality build. I was half expecting it to have a dent or something in it from shipping… nope! Not only does it have a solid build, but it locks (comes with two keys), and you must push the locking cylinder in to slide it open. When you go to install it in your Bronco, you slide out the drawer, and secure it to the tie-down points in your cargo area. You can then re-locate those tie-down points to the top of this box.

One important note: The rubber cargo mat will not fit on top of this box! I tried; it’s much too big and overhangs significantly. I will be looking at another option shortly, as the box will scratch easily if you put stuff on top.

Inside the box, I put all my stuff. Yes, I carry a handheld vacuum! Don’t hate. I found it to be very user friendly for organizing my stuff, and the inside dividers are customizable/removable. You can see the notches in one of the pictures below that shows where you can move the dividers to.

Now that all my stuff is inside, how does it perform?

I went on a 5 hour drive the other day, and forgot it was back there! I was expecting to hear rattling, stuff moving around, etc. Now keep in mind, the box isn’t secured to the cargo floor in my Jeep. However, it didn’t make a sound. The inside front edge of the storage box has a rubber piece to prevent the drawer from slamming shut and making a loud noise/prevent the drawer from scratching. You’ll see in my pictures they installed little rubber pieces on the dividers and on the drawer edge to keep it quiet - Brilliant! The floor is carpeted, and my stuff didn’t slide around (may be due to my OCD organizational packing as well). But it was awesome!

Absolutely recommend this. Great quality, easy to setup, and it’s not too tall (IMO) - Perfect for getting the essentials in, but shouldn’t completely take up all your cargo space.

Hope this helps someone else make a decision on this. I’m super impressed by it so far!

Quick update:

I wanted something to put on the top to prevent scratching. I ended up going to Home Depot to pick-up some 4 mm thick commercial rubber matting. It’s anti-slip and was easy to cut.

I didn’t even need to use double-sided tape or anything; it holds in place on its own. I will end up putting some double sided tape eventually, but want to wait to cut out the corners for the tie-down anchors once I install them.

I’m happy with the end result!

P.s. - Don’t mind the green rag tied to the handle of the box. I used a tie-down to secure the box so it doesn’t slide around on the carpet of my Jeep.

Update (24/12/21):

Just wanted to share a quick update on this, finally installed in my Bronco. I’ve also notched out the rubber mat on top so it fits around the tie down points. I think it turned out great!

Update:

I received an email back from Tuffy on the drawer not opening 100% of the way. I thought I’d share their response for others experiencing the same thing:

With the weight of the drawer itself, it would be too much forward weight on the slide if the drawer came out completely. That being said, the divider kit on the inside is adjustable so you should be able to move that around to accommodate the 15% - 20% of the drawer that remains in the cabinet when slid out.
\\\\\\\

What is your recommendation for setting up a "rear seats down" sleeping setup with this cargo box?

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

\\\\\\\

What is your recommendation for setting up a "rear seats down" sleeping setup with this cargo box?
Get a hotel room for the night.

Just kidding - I don't sleep in my Bronco. I'm sure you could easily make up something with a few pieces of wood and building a platform. I'm not very handy - Maybe someone else can chime in?

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

\\\\\\\

I use deep sleep mattresses with the leveling inserts installed on top of the folded seats. Not 100% level but close enough to not even notice when sleeping.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed this a couple weeks back. Does anyone else's rattle like crazy? Not even offroad, but just normal street bumps. Shifting gears can make it rattle. It's making me crazy.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed this a couple weeks back. Does anyone else's rattle like crazy? Not even offroad, but just normal street bumps. Shifting gears can make it rattle. It's making me crazy.
Nope. Make sure everything’s secured properly and if you have stuff in the drawer that might be metal rolling around, that could be the issue.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Make sure everything’s secured properly and if you have stuff in the drawer that might be metal rolling around, that could be the issue.
I have it totally empty and it still does it. There is play in the drawer forward and backward. It seems to be caused by bumping the latch.
Sponsored