Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

So I don’t have my Bronco yet, but the Cargo Area Security Drawer I ordered arrived, so I thought I’d share some pictures and my initial thoughts. After reading some posts on here, it helped me make a decision on this. I’m also happy to answer any questions, however please note I don’t have a tape measure as I’m in the middle of moving, so anything but measurements lol.

If you’re curious, yes, this fits pretty well in the back of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk! This is where it’ll live until I get my Bronco. I always struggle with storage space, and in a vehicle that will be able to have the roof/doors removed, secure storage space is a must.

First impressions when I picked this up: Holy crap, this thing is heavy! It can be lifted by one person, but it is definitely a quality build. I was half expecting it to have a dent or something in it from shipping… nope! Not only does it have a solid build, but it locks (comes with two keys), and you must push the locking cylinder in to slide it open. When you go to install it in your Bronco, you slide out the drawer, and secure it to the tie-down points in your cargo area. You can then re-locate those tie-down points to the top of this box.

One important note: The rubber cargo mat will not fit on top of this box! I tried; it’s much too big and overhangs significantly. I will be looking at another option shortly, as the box will scratch easily if you put stuff on top.

Inside the box, I put all my stuff. Yes, I carry a handheld vacuum! Don’t hate. I found it to be very user friendly for organizing my stuff, and the inside dividers are customizable/removable. You can see the notches in one of the pictures below that shows where you can move the dividers to.

Now that all my stuff is inside, how does it perform?

I went on a 5 hour drive the other day, and forgot it was back there! I was expecting to hear rattling, stuff moving around, etc. Now keep in mind, the box isn’t secured to the cargo floor in my Jeep. However, it didn’t make a sound. The inside front edge of the storage box has a rubber piece to prevent the drawer from slamming shut and making a loud noise/prevent the drawer from scratching. You’ll see in my pictures they installed little rubber pieces on the dividers and on the drawer edge to keep it quiet - Brilliant! The floor is carpeted, and my stuff didn’t slide around (may be due to my OCD organizational packing as well). But it was awesome!

Absolutely recommend this. Great quality, easy to setup, and it’s not too tall (IMO) - Perfect for getting the essentials in, but shouldn’t completely take up all your cargo space.

Hope this helps someone else make a decision on this. I’m super impressed by it so far!

BF0C8B89-8754-4181-9B22-8729621B972C.jpeg

256AB9F3-1166-450C-97B1-04331E9C1566.jpeg

5F5CD6BF-188A-4AF3-9FFD-C4D8D4EC33AE.jpeg

E5569C20-DB53-4D24-A3BC-F0CB4CF54F2B.jpeg

F6CEE05D-F9A2-47EF-B4D1-1A362F2376B0.jpeg

Quick update:

I wanted something to put on the top to prevent scratching. I ended up going to Home Depot to pick-up some 4 mm thick commercial rubber matting. It’s anti-slip and was easy to cut.

I didn’t even need to use double-sided tape or anything; it holds in place on its own. I will end up putting some double sided tape eventually, but want to wait to cut out the corners for the tie-down anchors once I install them.

I’m happy with the end result!

P.s. - Don’t mind the green rag tied to the handle of the box. I used a tie-down to secure the box so it doesn’t slide around on the carpet of my Jeep.

CB112501-CE72-45D5-9CEA-75A696536577.jpeg
3FE1F365-95C5-4BAF-9749-9D639799B5E8.jpeg
I just got mine and it didn’t come with a key to lock the drawer? Did yours come with a key set so you can lock it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got mine and it didn’t come with a key to lock the drawer? Did yours come with a key set so you can lock it?
Yes it did. A set of two keys, which were taped inside the storage box.

I assume you ripped the entire packaging apart looking for it? I didn’t get any installation instructions though (which I wasn’t really that upset about). I’m sure they can send you a set of keys.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

really thinking about this one, I need some space to keep my camera gear somewhat secure (all insured, but who wants to deal with that) while still keeping lots of cargo room since I want to build a sleeping area. Figure get this and add some simple plywood construction over the folded seats.
Also seems like this drawer might allow something like a cutting board on top and still slide in? That would be handy for a simple kitchen area. I cook every day at home, not gonna go all gourmet out in the wild (don't actually quite get the idea behind that) but some simple pull out work area with other gear underneath sounds good. Kind of hoping I can see this thing somewhere before ordering, pretty spendy for a simple metal box. Look looks pretty substantial though. And yes, I have yet to see a lock the lockpicking laywer can't open with a sneeze, but I doubt he'll be out in the wild working on my truck anytime soon:-D

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't able to open it up, but here it is actually installed in a bronco

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 20210915_092745
Looks awesome!

I pulled mine out of my Grand Cherokee and it's currently on my garage floor waiting for a Bronco to install it in.

Looks like it was pretty easy to install - How long did it take you (approximately)?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry...
Looks awesome!

I pulled mine out of my Grand Cherokee and it's currently on my garage floor waiting for a Bronco to install it in.

Looks like it was pretty easy to install - How long did it take you (approximately)?
Sorry..not my bronco. Was on display at the Moab Off Rodeo

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry...

Sorry..not my bronco. Was on display at the Moab Off Rodeo
So from your point of view, it was extremely easy to install. :ROFLMAO:

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I checked this out in a bronco today. Looks like I can get 2 dog crates(28” long”) to sit on top of it. Too small for a shotgun but plenty of room for ammo and such. Great place for lure boxes as well. I like the idea of the non skid rug on top. My bronco is shipped as of 8/10 and with the drawer and a hitch mounted cargo rack I’ll be off to SD in 6 weeks to chase some pheasant. 23 hr ride will tell me a lot about the new vehicle. Thanks for the review.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I checked this out in a bronco today. Looks like I can get 2 dog crates(28” long”) to sit on top of it. Too small for a shotgun but plenty of room for ammo and such. Great place for lure boxes as well. I like the idea of the non skid rug on top. My bronco is shipped as of 8/10 and with the drawer and a hitch mounted cargo rack I’ll be off to SD in 6 weeks to chase some pheasant. 23 hr ride will tell me a lot about the new vehicle. Thanks for the review.
I don't know about that, my Saiga-12 has a folding stock.

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone that bought this, what did you do to fill the gaps around it?

I love it but I see shit falling into the cracks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone that bought this, what did you do to fill the gaps around it?

I love it but I see shit falling into the cracks.
Do you mean around the outside of the enclosure, or inside of it?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not the asker, but the first thing I saw was the wasted space/gaps around the box. I want something like this, but that looks like a mess (and lost items) waiting to happen. Lol.

Would be nice if the sides were molded closer to the shape of the cargo area and had some pockets or bins on the edges. I would take a narrower drawer to make that possible. Wait, do they sell a narrower version? 🤔

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah the outside of area around the box. Thinking of 2” thick black foam, but would be cool to figure out other narrow storage options.
Side note, I think I’m going to pick up some builtright tech panels and bolt to the whole top, allowing for better tie downs and molle attachments.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the outside of area around the box. Thinking of 2” thick black foam, but would be cool to figure out other narrow storage options.
Side note, I think I’m going to pick up some builtright tech panels and bolt to the whole top, allowing for better tie downs and molle attachments.
Yeah, I could see the sides "collecting" stuff that falls. I'm not too worried about that myself, but your foam idea sounds like it could work well. Create a couple wedges or something.

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FYI you can trim the lasso covers back and still fit them in place to hide the previous anchor bolts. Trim 1-⅛” off the tip and set in place. Looks much better, especially if you don’t have a black or AMB exterior color.

5DBE4655-20B3-4C0E-9767-3B9E9C5935CD.jpeg

920CCCE4-8B1C-43BB-9502-34E3F80D5B05.jpeg
Sponsored