Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I could help, but, no Bronco yet.

However, I know the box will be higher than the rear seats folded down. It doesn't fill that drop down, if that's what you were hoping for.
No, I realize it sits a bit higher. Just curious how much higher.

Hope you get your Bronco soon!
Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The picture isn't great but hopefully this helps. If you can't make out the tape measure, the lip is around 2.5" at the lowest point next to the drawer, and then angles up from there. The top of the drawer unit is 8".

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer cargo1

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks - Blend date is today, so it's getting closer!

ChathamShark

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021, ’20 & ’15 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks,

So I don’t have my Bronco yet, but the Cargo Area Security Drawer I ordered arrived, so I thought I’d share some pictures and my initial thoughts. After reading some posts on here, it helped me make a decision on this. I’m also happy to answer any questions, however please note I don’t have a tape measure as I’m in the middle of moving, so anything but measurements lol.

If you’re curious, yes, this fits pretty well in the back of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk! This is where it’ll live until I get my Bronco. I always struggle with storage space, and in a vehicle that will be able to have the roof/doors removed, secure storage space is a must.

First impressions when I picked this up: Holy crap, this thing is heavy! It can be lifted by one person, but it is definitely a quality build. I was half expecting it to have a dent or something in it from shipping… nope! Not only does it have a solid build, but it locks (comes with two keys), and you must push the locking cylinder in to slide it open. When you go to install it in your Bronco, you slide out the drawer, and secure it to the tie-down points in your cargo area. You can then re-locate those tie-down points to the top of this box.

One important note: The rubber cargo mat will not fit on top of this box! I tried; it’s much too big and overhangs significantly. I will be looking at another option shortly, as the box will scratch easily if you put stuff on top.

Inside the box, I put all my stuff. Yes, I carry a handheld vacuum! Don’t hate. I found it to be very user friendly for organizing my stuff, and the inside dividers are customizable/removable. You can see the notches in one of the pictures below that shows where you can move the dividers to.

Now that all my stuff is inside, how does it perform?

I went on a 5 hour drive the other day, and forgot it was back there! I was expecting to hear rattling, stuff moving around, etc. Now keep in mind, the box isn’t secured to the cargo floor in my Jeep. However, it didn’t make a sound. The inside front edge of the storage box has a rubber piece to prevent the drawer from slamming shut and making a loud noise/prevent the drawer from scratching. You’ll see in my pictures they installed little rubber pieces on the dividers and on the drawer edge to keep it quiet - Brilliant! The floor is carpeted, and my stuff didn’t slide around (may be due to my OCD organizational packing as well). But it was awesome!

Absolutely recommend this. Great quality, easy to setup, and it’s not too tall (IMO) - Perfect for getting the essentials in, but shouldn’t completely take up all your cargo space.

Hope this helps someone else make a decision on this. I’m super impressed by it so far!

Quick update:

I wanted something to put on the top to prevent scratching. I ended up going to Home Depot to pick-up some 4 mm thick commercial rubber matting. It’s anti-slip and was easy to cut.

I didn’t even need to use double-sided tape or anything; it holds in place on its own. I will end up putting some double sided tape eventually, but want to wait to cut out the corners for the tie-down anchors once I install them.

I’m happy with the end result!

P.s. - Don’t mind the green rag tied to the handle of the box. I used a tie-down to secure the box so it doesn’t slide around on the carpet of my Jeep.

Remember that this box covers the scissor jack and lug wrench storage compartment. And you won’t want to be removing the box to get to the jack. Most owners won’t use the factory jack anyway. Good after market mounting solutions for Jack’s coming soon I hope. But keep a good lug wrench or impact driver handy inside the storage box. And is someone else noted, this is more about storage than security.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that this box covers the scissor jack and lug wrench storage compartment. And you won’t want to be removing the box to get to the jack. Most owners won’t use the factory jack anyway. Good after market mounting solutions for Jack’s coming soon I hope. But keep a good lug wrench or impact driver handy inside the storage box. And is someone else noted, this is more about storage than security.
You can pull out the drawer for access to the jack and storage compartment

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can pull out the drawer for access to the jack and storage compartment
I think his point was it’d be a pain in the ass to do, in an emergency at night, in the pouring rain.

I’m going to see how big the jack is and might relocate it into my drawer for easier access. Plus with the condensation reports from some folks in this area, I’d rather keep it empty.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted something to put on top of the security drawer to protect the drawer, and also to prevent cargo from sliding around. If you don't mind the offgassing smell of rubber, I found the perfect thing at Home Depot. It was a rubber mat that was about 1/4" thick with a diamond tread pattern. I'm gun shy from putting rubber flooring in my gym that has had a strong smell, so I didn't want that in a brand new vehicle. I found this cargo liner at WalMart. It was about $18. It feels like the carpet in the trunk of a car. It's pretty thin, and the carpet is backed with some kind of flexible plastic or vinyl. I mounted it to the cargo drawer with double sided tape, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_4741

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_4742

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted something to put on top of the security drawer to protect the drawer, and also to prevent cargo from sliding around. If you don't mind the offgassing smell of rubber, I found the perfect thing at Home Depot. It was a rubber mat that was about 1/4" thick with a diamond tread pattern. I'm gun shy from putting rubber flooring in my gym that has had a strong smell, so I didn't want that in a brand new vehicle. I found this cargo liner at WalMart. It was about $18. It feels like the carpet in the trunk of a car. It's pretty thin, and the carpet is backed with some kind of flexible plastic or vinyl. I mounted it to the cargo drawer with double sided tape, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Looks great!

I opted for the rubber mat as a) it didn't smell and b) it can be easily cleaned/hosed off. But your solution is also awesome for protecting the top of the box and making it more usable space!

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did anyone else have problems installing the screws for the tie-downs on top of the box? Several of mine stripped a screw before they were even tight against the box. Not sure if my mounting holes were faulty or if it was user error installing them.

I'm going to try and remove the screws tomorrow then put a nut/locking washer underneath to secure the tie-downs.

Aside from that, the box is rock solid.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone else have problems installing the screws for the tie-downs on top of the box? Several of mine stripped a screw before they were even tight against the box. Not sure if my mounting holes were faulty or if it was user error installing them.

I'm going to try and remove the screws tomorrow then put a nut/locking washer underneath to secure the tie-downs.

Aside from that, the box is rock solid.
Yes! I think all but 2 of mine broke the welded nut so it would just spin.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does this negate the ability to store doors on top of the storage box, or can you still set them on top and strap them down?

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes! I think all but 2 of mine broke the welded nut so it would just spin.
Same here...I didn't break any but they stopped turning easy...I took them all out and ran a tap down them and perfect after that.

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here...I didn't break any but they stopped turning easy...I took them all out and ran a tap down them and perfect after that.
I ended up pulling the screws out, removing all the welded nuts, and replacing them with black bolts and a nut/locking washer combo. I also put a rubberized gym mat on top to give a better surface for gear.

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 20211117_203034

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 20211117_202829

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks great! Isn't the bottom front mount (toward the tailgate) just an eyesore? I mean, how could Tuffy not see that during design / fit and provide a plastic cover to fill that so crap does not get in? I drilled out the Lasso covers and plan to put them in this weekend...I saw someone else cut the end off the lasso and it worked too.

drose1

Outer Banks
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone heard of this product being an issue with the tailgate table? Looking to get the Rock Slide Tailgate Table for my bronco, but wanted to know if there would be any rubbing.

Also, how does one get this box for less than MSRP? Its now $709 but ford is offering 15% off accessories until end of year.
Sponsored