Sponsored

Review: TeraFlex drives the Bronco and doesn't want one (no surprise)

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was so cringy. You could see the discomfort any time he tried to say something good about the Bronco. Why even offer a review. That's like asking a toddler to provide a review of Brussel sprouts.
Agree completely, if you cant be objective then why do the review. He really didn't say much bad about the Bronco, but stuck with his Jeep because its a Jeep. also aren't Jeep interiors mostly plastic? He talked bout Dodge and I own one... they are all plastic also. Heck even our Tiguan SEL is plastic interior.... come on
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
most people are not use to change especially older people. Clearly this guy fits in this category. He loves his jeep so anything outside of jeep has to be backwards. Btw ā€¦. Sync is very easy to use. You just have to spend 10 mins to go through it. He drives 1500 miles and never bothered to familiarize himself with the infotainment system? Common man

So I watched the whole thing and I have a few takeaways. One thing is he mentions the radio not being intuitive, and that it was "backwards" from his Jeep. Now realistically you will get use to what is different on the Bronco but it does raise a good point, you want the Bronco to be easy to jump into for everyone, jeep guy or ford guy. Maybe someone else can do a more direct comparison and I'm not even saying the radio or electronics need to change, but keeping in mind that you want people to feel comfortable in it based on what they are coming from is something to consider.

He is 100% a jeep guy. I don't think that is a bad thing and I actually like that he kept saying that. He knew he was biased but still gave a decent review. Off the lot the Bronco will probably turn more heads than a jeep, even being new aside, I just think it has a more off road ready factory stance.

I find it funny he complains about the interior considering how much of a hot button topic that has been.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I admit I'm not a Jeep guy, but I am a somewhat car guy who knows a bit but I was puzzled in the beginning when he said people went up to ask him about the new JK Jeep came out. I doubt that many people out there could spot the difference between a 2020 Jeep Wrangler, and a 1990 Jeep
He said JK which came out in 2007, which was the first 4 dr and a pretty new body style compared to the TJ (1996-2006), and I remember that. BTW, I'm a Jeep guy. I've been building, driving, wheeling, and racing them for years. I've had as many as a dozen at one time. I've been president of our national Jeep Cherokee club twice. I'm buying a Bronco. Part of it is because I could never bring myself to own a JK or JL Wrangler. Too many of them, too many mall crawlers, never wanted to be part of the crowd. And, while my Cherokee didn't have the modern features and driveability of the newer Jeeps, it performed better off road. So, I'm finally giving up my Jeeps and going for the Bronco to get modern features and driveability, and to be cool and different. And I still want to do better off road than all of my Jeep friends. :giggle:

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He sounds like heā€™s reviewing because he has to and he knows itā€™s good but doesnā€™t want to admit it.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He sounds like heā€™s reviewing because he has to and he knows itā€™s good but doesnā€™t want to admit it.
It reminded me of some (most) news outlets when they couldn't spin something negatively about someone / something.

Sponsored

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
He didn't give a bad review really. He says the Jeep is 64" wide and the Bronco is 62" wide? I wonder why TFL says the jeep is narrower so they have more lines available in the infamous Tommy frustration video. šŸ˜„
Maybe from perception the Jeep seems narrower because of the hood width?

Dannyboy71

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah he is Jeep guy giving an opinion, nothing wrong with that. I liked Jeepā€™s when they were owned by AMC.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I get it, to each his own. I was a Jeep guy as well. I had an '08 JK Unlimited Sport and a '12 JK Unlimited Rubicon With the 3.6 Pentastar on a 3.5" lift and 35" tires. Granted, I have not driven the 2.3, so I can't compare that to the JL 2.0, but I can certainly compare the JK 3.6 to the Wildtrak with 2.7.

First of all, driving is a night and day difference. I know he talks about the Bronco being smooth on the highway, but he keeps going back to the firmness of the suspension. Dude. You drive a Jeep. Don't get me started on rough ride and bump steer due to the solid front. Like I said, night and day difference between driving the Bronco and the Wrangler. Bronco wins hands down.

Engine power... like I said, I can't speak to the 2.3, but the 2.7 vs the Jeep 3.6 is also not comparable. Much more power in all ranges for the 2.7.

He talked about the plastic interior of the Bronco. Again... he's a Jeep guy... has he been in one? They are all plastic. Maybe you have some knobs with some shiny bits, but who cares? As far as comfort, Bronco, hands down. Seats are WAY more comfortable than a Wrangler. And the dash of the JL looks like a Fiat. Seriously.

Technology... I hated UConnect on my JK and I hate it on my new Alfa Romeo. It sucks. Screen randomly goes blank, hit or miss on whether it will pick up my phone via bluetooth.

At the end he says it will be a great "commuter car." Yes, it will, but unlike all the mall crawling wranglers, it will excel on the road and off.

I owned a few Teraflex products. I'll pass when they start selling Bronco parts. What a homer.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The goal of You Tube videos is to get views. Controversy and negativity drives discussion, likes, dislikes, hashtags etc. that get's it into more feeds=more views, more $ and better ROI for advertising his business. Add to that where his revenue comes from- Jeep owners, they want to be validated and are often fiercely brand loyal and you can see where he might have some biases and not want to hide or soften them.

TFL and Tommy in particular are ridiculous. He can't drive his Jeep more than 2 hrs. without pain, jumps back and forth between comparing his 2DR Willy's to a 4DR FE Bronco and then other models to neither he is actually discussing, then concludes he has no regrets with the Jeep. Literally you knew everything he was going to say. They clearly see Bronco videos are driving views, so they are pouring out content while it's hot. Again, they need views, their business is based on it, it has nothing to do with editorial integrity (whatever that is) or facts. BTW, this is why you should stay away from social media as much as possible :)

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That was so cringy. You could see the discomfort any time he tried to say something good about the Bronco. Why even offer a review. That's like asking a toddler to provide a review of Brussel sprouts.
Sheeeeit. I'm damn near 50, and my review of Brussels sprouts would make a sailor blush.

I mean, I'm never going to Belgium because of them. Matter of fact, we should remove them from maps and place them higher on the First Strike list.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree completely, if you cant be objective then why do the review. He really didn't say much bad about the Bronco, but stuck with his Jeep because its a Jeep. also aren't Jeep interiors mostly plastic? He talked bout Dodge and I own one... they are all plastic also. Heck even our Tiguan SEL is plastic interior.... come on
I went to the Off-Roadeo and then 4 days later I rented a Wrangler in North Carolina.

The differences were minimal in everything I touched.

I did true off-road driving in the 2021 Bronco and did highway speeds in the 2021 Wrangler, so the experience was a little different (found some bumpy, muddy roads to drive around in) but as far as "cool", "quality", "interior plastics" - I felt and saw no discernible difference.

My wife did feel like she could see better in the Wrangler. For me, looking out at the vintage style hood of the Bronco just made me smile.

The two are comparable. Any preferences are more individual than scientific in nature as we all bring out biases and needs to the discussion.

Would I consider a Wrangler if the Bronco wasn't coming out? Definitely.

I'm sticking with the Bronco because I love the first gen more than any other vehicle (seconded by the C3 Corvette) and this is the closest I can get to one.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is water cooling still big? I used to do it back in the days of heater cores and pond pumps, then heatpipe air coolers caught on and I was hooked on the silence.
It's about to throttle towards ubiquity in the server environment due to Intel's latest/next architecture.

It seems that AIOs (All-in-One closed loop water cooling) have minimized the custom open loop segment along with some odd business practices by big players along the way. I don't know what's big, but there's plenty out there to have choices and a lot better components than my old Aquascape, or whatever, pond pump and heater core I soldered fittings onto; the auto parts store guy kept grilling me about what car I needed it for, etc. lol. I default to EKWB for most stuff, now, and run borosilicate glass tubing and ugly Noctua fans.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy states and clearly is a Jeep guy. I dont think it was a bad review per say considering the point of view. He could have been off the rails with all kinds of add-ball bias.

I would not expect him to give up his Jeep but he will surely build products to get some of the market.

In the end it is his Opinion like TFL it is their opinion and everyone is entitle to that opinion and good for them in being able to monetize that in some way.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LMAO...my mom used to try and make me eat those damned things...I would put them in my pocket and throw them away when I went back outside or I would throw them in the fireplace when she wasn't looking!