2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm not mistaken, CG and Fighter jet gray are the same. Both names are on the color ssmple.

Thanks Rick. That Mazda red sure is stunning.
I want the Rapid Red to be that and I think I'm shying away from it because I know it can be better. Plus I keep seeing pink hues on samples in the sun. AMB is a beautiful color but I don't want the hassle of a color that dark. I wish it was easier to maintain. I'm still hoping Ford releases more color options.
Correct but the fighter jet gray I saw in the mach 1 video and walk around appeared like the CG that weā€™ve seen on the bronco prototype.
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the yellow looks great:)

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never seen vehicle colors discussed so much... not sure if itā€™s a good thing or a bad thing lol.
I think itā€™s a good thing. As a long time Toyota owner I havenā€™t dealt much with Fordā€™s color pallete, so all the discussion has helped my choice of Cyber orange..
It can be a difficult thing picking a color for your dream rig spending no time with the color up close and personal..

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Rick Astley , it wasn't on your "to do" list but what were your thoughts of the Race Red? Any sparkle to it at all? Did it ever have any indication of looking orangy or pink like it got washed out (like it would need crazy polishing effort to get the RED back)?

Hoping my local dealers might have a Race Red F150 and/or color cards sometime.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the work and posting your info to the forum. The great thing about this forum is if Ford won't provide additional info we'll find our own.

I wasn't that fond of CG before, so this really puts in on the out with me. I'll rethink AB...not sure I want a black Bronco except when it is sunny out.

grmmylpa

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150, 2020 Ranger Crew Cab,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the color shots! This may have been shared already, but my dealer in PA just got the 2021 color chip brochure the other day. I picked one up. It does have all of the Bronco colors in it. They're the small color chips, but you can take them with you and check them out is whatever light you want to.

20200919_133955.jpg

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sucks, but I still might get it. I live on a gravel road and that might stay looking clean for more than 5 minutes lol
I'm also rather disappointed that CG doesn't have a bit more character. The Boba Fett and Cactus plant pics were the perfect color. As others have already pointed out this CG/Fighter-Jet thing is basically "shiny primer" which I think is horrible on other cars; to the point where we have actually commented about how ugly it is when we've seen cars with it or similar on the road.

The only reason I'm still considering it is 1) it still probably won't show dust/dirt as much as some of the other colors and 2) the Bronco is more of a tough/utility kind of vehicle so the boring/utilitarian character might work a bit better than say on a performance car or sedan.

Living in Colorado my son would love the sparkly "Bronco Orange" but I really don't see my wife going for it and it will be her dd.

So that leaves Iconic Silver moving to the top for me (this week anyway). It should be good for hiding pin scratches and to some extent dust while being less boring than "shiny primer".

Last edited:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopeful thought for the CG crowd:

Remember that the color card is not the same as a color on a car.

Also a color on a card indoors is not the same as that color outdoors on a car in various natural lighting conditions... the blue sky, the green grass/vegetation etc. That can explain why the color looks so amazing in pictures and videos.

You will not be indoors under fluorescent lighting in real life situations.

I am staying with CG.

Thanks Rick, great job!
?

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If cactus gray really looks like that, then it just moved to the top of my list. I suspect that is an accurate color too as it seems to match recent sport pics.
Ford Bronco Reviewed Bronco paint samples book with inspection lamp - Photos & Video of Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red 1600538881474

Ford Bronco Reviewed Bronco paint samples book with inspection lamp - Photos & Video of Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red 1600538904027

Ford Bronco Reviewed Bronco paint samples book with inspection lamp - Photos & Video of Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red 1600538946875

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Rick Astley ... Did you take a look at Carbonized Gray or Velocity Blue? If so, what were your thoughts of those colors?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to see these colors with the different color tops, whatever colors they offer for the tops as options

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model